ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

He just did a "Jeremy Lin" !!!
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, james harden, jeremy lin, nba Tags
liubaoxin is offline Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
liubaoxin
liubaoxin is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6324
After so many decades of basketball playing, one would think no more new tricks on the court can be invented and patented... But this:

When Harden fell on the floor with the ball, Jeremy Lin brilliantly called a time-out, kept the Rocket possession ! Something of new NBA playing invention... Expect other high IQ'd NBA players to use it....

Sponsored Link
just a word is offline Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52812
...can't tell if srs.

JJ23 is offline Old 12-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
JJ23
Rookie
JJ23 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52752
5 star thread!

NotApollo33 is offline Old 12-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
NotApollo33
NotApollo33 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52485
This is so funny haha fml..

VBG is offline Old 12-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
VBG
VBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42683
Quote:
Originally Posted by liubaoxin View Post
After so many decades of basketball playing, one would think no more new tricks on the court can be invented and patented... But this:

When Harden fell on the floor with the ball, Jeremy Lin brilliantly called a time-out, kept the Rocket possession ! Something of new NBA playing invention... Expect other high IQ'd NBA players to use it....

djimi is offline Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
djimi
djimi is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34983
i dont really understand your point of this thread.....can someone please shed some light? Maybe my thread understanding IQ aint so good

MOFvsLOF is offline Old 12-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
MOFvsLOF
MOFvsLOF is Royce White -- lots of promise, bad first impression
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52297
Quote:

Charles Barkley did something similar during the Phoenix Bulls final, he did with out of bound.

liubaoxin is offline Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
liubaoxin
liubaoxin is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6324
To call a timeout for yourself as you are falling down or out of bound is common place in NBA games, but to do it on your teammate is entire new, I believe.

I would rank this on the same level of Don Nelson's "hack-a-Shaq" firstly creation, and to some extent, when Kobe launched a half-court shut as "hack-a-Ho" taking place...

PeppermintCandy is offline Old 12-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #9
PeppermintCandy
PeppermintCandy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodPeppermintCandy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43724
Quote:
To call a timeout for yourself as you are falling down or out of bound is common place in NBA games, but to do it on your teammate is entire new, I believe.

I would rank this on the same level of Don Nelson's "hack-a-Shaq" firstly creation, and to some extent, when Kobe launched a half-court shut as "hack-a-Ho" taking place...
I think it's a fairly common move actually.

novaman is offline Old 12-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
novaman
novaman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51845
Quote:

Done all the time.

ralphabetsoup is offline Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
ralphabetsoup
ralphabetsoup is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26452
Quote:
People do it - but usually there's a coach yelling for someone to take the T-Out.

BigBenito is offline Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
BigBenito
BigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7020
This has to be a sarcastic thread... has to be...

NL Rocket is offline Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
NL Rocket
NL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51934
The fake timeout during the NY game was better

RV6 is online now Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
The world did end. This is hell.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

WinkFan is offline Old 12-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #15
WinkFan
Contributing Member
WinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodWinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3487
Quote:

Was this the first basketball game you ever watched?

JJ23 is offline Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
JJ23
Rookie
JJ23 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52752
I think the OP was joking or trolling...there's no way this can be for real

Jontro is offline Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #17
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
Clearly Lin only called the timeout to see if Harden is alright.

holly1985 is offline Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
holly1985
holly1985 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52663

just a word is offline Old 12-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52812
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly1985 View Post
Someone make a meme that says "Jeremy Lin invented sliced bread."

Angkor Wat is offline Old 12-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
Did you just start watching basketball last year? Players have been doing this since....you could call timeout.