1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin highlights vs 76ers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Dec 20, 2012.

1. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xrjkVph_C8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Looked pretty good. I liked how this video shows plays that didnt' result in a score as well.

Lin still needs more confidence in his jump shot. It probably won't happen this year, so hopefully he works hard on it in the offseason.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

if he can do that, he will be a superstar.

4. Arthurprescott2

Whenever Lin is leading a fast break, there should always be a shooter trailing, waiting to set-up on the 3pt line. Multiple times yesterday he lead the break and looked back to find the shooter to find no one there. So effective cause he drives in drawing whatever defenders are near and then kicks the ball back for the wide open 3 - w/ Lin as a rebounder in the paint (vs. other guards Lin will get the rebound). He hit Harden and TD multiple times with that pass in the past few games.

5. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I don't know if it confidence or he is getting some athleticism back after the injury, but he looks much better than he did earlier in the season.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Probably both. Morey did say that Lin has nearly fully recovered physically in his last radio interview. I assume that means in terms of overall conditioning, and confidence and strengthening of the knee.

Consider the following ... new team, young team, 2 coaches, post-surgery, late team addition post-training camp.

Think of your first couple months on a new job. As often as not you're just feeling your way around and trying not to tick too many people off.

As you get more comfortable you relax and perform better. Along the way you're learning how your co-workers operate, about what your boss expects, and how the company works. Over time your performance continues to improve.

His actual performance is following that curve quite nicely. Weak out of the gate and improving steadily.

I think we're still a long way from seeing his (and the Rockets') best basketball this season. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  7. solo241

solo241 Member

This is much like the old "chicken v. egg" question.

On one hand, maybe #7's injury created a lack of confidence/aggression.

On the other hand, maybe #7's lack of confidence exacerbated the injury by his concern to test the knee out.

Regardless of which it is, it's clear he's been playing with both more aggression and confidence this week. More importantly, the entire offense is more enjoyable to watch right now given the cohesion we're building.

Go Rockets!

8. catch22

catch22 Member

i will rep you whenver i can

9. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I really liked the Lin & Harden PNR

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

wow, i really didn't know much about lin's game till this video. didn't see much linsanity last season. the guy is really strong it seems for a guard and once he gets a defender on his hip its over. he just needs to concentrate on that jumpshot.

11. just a word

just a word Member

McHale also mentioned something really quick in the post-game, though I don't know if it's a slip of the tongue or if he was trying to cover something up. Kinda reminds me of how they skirt around the issue that Asik's hitting the wall re:fatigue.

12. jason330i

jason330i Member

i would also like to point out that this being his first full season as a starter, he is playing against opposing point guards and opposing teams for the first time. kinda tough to be comfortable when you don't know what to expect.

but of course, some of the other guys are seeing lin for the first time too.

13. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

he did this with novak as well in NY. one reason why novak turned into novakaine.

14. renyuandaoban

renyuandaoban New Member

Jeremy Lin is slowly getting HOT. He will get into Linsanity 2 in Jan en Feb next year .Let's see .

15. dchoye

dchoye Member

Those are good hi lights
    I like it when Lin drives , makes tear droppers and makes those three pointers
    All with high efficiency

16. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

His renewed aggressiveness to the basket is encouraging but I am concerned about teams like Memphis, LA, and OKC with big shot blockers as to how he will adjust. He won't be able to go to the basket at will so his mid range and long range jumpers will have to be relied upon. He is 2/9 from beyond the arc during the last two games that were touted to be his strong games.

17. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

That'd be huge. It's the only short term concern I have for Lin. But by watching the recent games, he seems to really finish better and is close to his form last season. If it's true and he's not injured again, watchout for another rising star.

18. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

JVG said that Novak should share half of his money with Lin.

19. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

The teardrops and floaters were money. They barely touched the net. He can make a very good career on those shots as they're difficult to defend or block.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Most of his points came from at rim shots. That's his game. He and Harden are actually very similar, although Harden is far and away a better shooter. This is why they really want a stretch PF to open up the lane for them.