ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Portland PG Damian Lillard is the real deal
Tags:  basketball, damian lillard, draft, nba, portland, spurs Tags
SRR21 is offline Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
SRR21
SRR21 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51458
This kid has balls the size of bowling balls, no fear in his game. Portland beat the Spurs tonight Lillard was the leading scorer. Here is his line:
40min
11-22 fg
29 pts
7 reb
6 ast
2 to

Liilard was the 6th pick in the draft.

Sponsored Link
flamingdts is offline Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
The Blazers have pretty good talent scout except when it comes to franchise changing players.

ItsMyFault is offline Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
ItsMyFault
Contributing Member
ItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36216
Just realizing that now?

How about the two games where he torched the Rockets in crunch time?

I don't get the Derrick Rose comparisons though. He's not like Derrick Rose at all.

batkins is offline Old 12-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
batkins
Contributing Member
batkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20051
There's really no doubt this was the player Morey was targeting if we could had acquired that 5th pick if Robinson didn't fall.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Quote:
Originally Posted by batkins View Post
There's really no doubt this was the player Morey was targeting if we could had acquired that 5th pick if Robinson didn't fall.
How do you know? The buzz on these forums was Drummond.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

LC Rox Fan is offline Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
LC Rox Fan
LC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51664
All this information...so new

Karolik is offline Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
Karolik
Karolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44968
HAHA those stats are pretty similar to Lin's.

tomato is offline Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #8
tomato
tomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Just realizing that now?

How about the two games where he torched the Rockets in crunch time?

I don't get the Derrick Rose comparisons though. He's not like Derrick Rose at all.
Yeah, but who is he like then? Westbrook?

HARDEN? DON'T MIND IF I DO

devin23 is offline Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #9
devin23
devin23 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #21171
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Maybe Kyrie Irving?

Panda23 is online now Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
Panda23
Panda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemPanda23 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51490
He is Damian Lillard.

QazQay is offline Old 12-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #11
QazQay
QazQay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodQazQay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50284
He reminds me a little of Lowry

Shroopy2 is offline Old 12-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #12
Shroopy2
Contributing Member
Shroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10896
LillSANITY!

(Jeremy Lin needs to do some public announcement to get people to stop using the "-sanity" suffix to everything)

rolyat93 is offline Old 12-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #13
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
How do you know? The buzz on these forums was Drummond.
The forums predict Morey's moves correctly about 0% of the time.

Outlier is offline Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 AM   #14
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
He's a less selfish version of Rose.

JayGoogle is offline Old 12-14-2012, 02:43 AM   #15
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
He's not even close to being as athletic as Rose to be compared to him IMO.

FearTheBeardJH is offline Old 12-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #16
FearTheBeardJH
FearTheBeardJH is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52759
He has to work on his finishing and get to the FT line more often. But he is the best pure shooter PG not named Stephen Curry.

meh is offline Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #17
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by devin23 View Post
Maybe Kyrie Irving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Here's a fun player to compare, both for their rookie years, at the same of 22.

Base stats
Player A: 18.0ppg/5.3rpg/6.6apg playing 36.1mpg
Lillard: 18.4ppg/3.2rpg/6.2apg playing 38.2mpg

Shooting%
Player A: 44.5%/34.5%3pt/54.3%TS
Lillard: 42.1%/36.7%3pt/54.5%TS

Team record
Player A: 41%
Portland right now: 42%

Hint: Player A was a former Rocket. So it should be an easy guess for most Rockets fans.

Yung-T is offline Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #18
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoogle View Post
He's not even close to being as athletic as Rose to be compared to him IMO.
Did you check his combine measurements? Huge numbers, not really bad compared to Rose.

SC1211 is online now Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #19
SC1211
Contributing Member
SC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36568
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Here's a fun player to compare, both for their rookie years, at the same of 22.

Base stats
Player A: 18.0ppg/5.3rpg/6.6apg playing 36.1mpg
Lillard: 18.4ppg/3.2rpg/6.2apg playing 38.2mpg

Shooting%
Player A: 44.5%/34.5%3pt/54.3%TS
Lillard: 42.1%/36.7%3pt/54.5%TS

Team record
Player A: 41%
Portland right now: 42%

Hint: Player A was a former Rocket. So it should be an easy guess for most Rockets fans.
Yep, heard the Francis comparison before and it's a good one.

meh is offline Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #20
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1211 View Post
Yep, heard the Francis comparison before and it's a good one.
First name off the top of my head, actually. And then looked up the stats and realized how eerily similar they are as rookies. Actually, surprised me that Francis was so old when he entered. I've always thought of him as one of those underclassmen guys.