ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

View Poll Results: Harden or Lin
Harden 378 43.80%
Lin 485 56.20%
Voters: 863. You may not vote on this poll

Harden or Lin?
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, james harden, nba Tags
Air Langhi is online now Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
If Lin and Harden can't play together and one has to go who is it?

I think I am happy with lin averaging 14-6, but there are many on this board who would disagree.

Based on the EWA and VA and what we gave up for him I would say it has to be harden. Based on EWA and VA he is playing like a top 10 player. Over his past 10 games his true shooting % is 60% which is pretty good.

Sponsored Link
BigBird is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060
Why you tryna start ****?

onreego is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
onreego
onreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodonreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #30073
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
Why you tryna start ****?
Slow day at work

conquistador#11 is online now Old 12-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
i think he will average more assists. dropping dimes isn't a bad think, it's that nba 12k mentality.
No one has to go.

flamingdts is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
You should have added a proper title to the poll.

The poll and thread title implies which player you would choose, but your post says which player would be traded if they can't coexist.

LC Rox Fan is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
LC Rox Fan
LC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51664
Inb4threadgetsoutofhand

Harden

HorneR is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
HorneR
HorneR is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42722
Well, there's really no reason they can't coexist. Give it time, let chemistry build, and watch the young guns blossom into something special.

Or you could... you know... start knee-jerk threads after each and every game.

RV6 is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
People should be banned for picking Lin.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

iconoclastic is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
Your question asks who you would choose to go....confusing title/poll/question

roxxy is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
I think they can work well together. But if you had to move somebody you would definitely move Lin. This seems pretty obvious. There is still very much so a market out there for Lin Lakers & Mavericks would definitely take him. Bring in a Courtney Lee type player who can spot up & shoot 3's & defend to play next to Harden. But before anybody is moved the Rockets need to find out conclusively that Lin cannot play alongside him.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

DudeWah is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
DudeWah
Contributing Member
DudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26035
Son u just opened pandora's box

dobro1229 is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
The answer to this question only lies in the form of two perspectives-

"who do you(fans of certain players) think is the better player?"

and

"who do the Rockets front office/coaches think is the better player?"

the answer to the second question is pretty obvious isn't it, so why even bring up the first question unless you just want to stir up a debate that's being presented in almost every other Rockets basketball thread out there???

cytrynowa is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
cytrynowa
cytrynowa is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52863
What is the question?

Who would Morey trade? Or who we would like to build around?

RV6 is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclastic View Post
Yeah, lock this up...it's gonna cause all kinds of confusion

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

HTownTmac1 is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
HTownTmac1
HTownTmac1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2006
Member: #18083
yeah this is a little confusing but i picked LIN because i thought the question was who would you let go out of the two

Nimo is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
Nimo
Nimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #51693
confusing thread is... confusing

BigBenito is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
BigBenito
BigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7020
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
People should be banned for picking Lin.
Feel free to push for me to be banned, but, but I'd 100% rather Lin go instead of Harden.

sidestep is offline Old 12-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #18
sidestep
sidestep is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #51924
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobro1229 View Post
The answer to this question only lies in the form of two perspectives-

"who do you(fans of certain players) think is the better player?"

and

"who do the Rockets front office/coaches think is the better player?"

the answer to the second question is pretty obvious isn't it, so why even bring up the first question unless you just want to stir up a debate that's being presented in almost every other Rockets basketball thread out there???
this.

tinman is offline Old 12-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Langhi View Post
If Lin and Harden can't play together and one has to go who is it?

I think I am happy with lin averaging 14-6, but there are many on this board who would disagree.

Based on the EWA and VA and what we gave up for him I would say it has to be harden. Based on EWA and VA he is playing like a top 10 player. Over his past 10 games his true shooting % is 60% which is pretty good.
Dude, clarify your question.

is it? who should play or who should not play?

davidio840 is offline Old 12-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #20
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46697
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclastic View Post
No ****. I chose Harden thinking the question was "Who would you want on our team if I had to chose between the two?" What a ****ty thread/question.