ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

(Woj) Kevin Love unsure about Timberwolves' future
Tags:  basketball, david kahn, free agency, houston rockets, injury, kevin love, minnesota, minnesota timberwolves, nba, pipe dream, playoffs, preseason, protocol, support, yahoo Tags
JPhil93 is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
JPhil93
JPhil93 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43653
Quote:
For everyone else still stunned over the Minnesota Timberwolves' owner and general manager downright daring the franchise's best player to leave for free agency in two years, Kevin Love promises to be a professional, promises All-Star performance and productivity. Over the organization's refusal to designate him as the cornerstone, though, there come no promises of forgiveness from Love. No assurance it won't chase him out the door and out of the franchise forever someday.
"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.
"That's a tough pill to swallow."
No, Kevin Love isn't over Taylor and GM David Kahn refusing him what he had earned. He isn't over Kahn marching into the trainer's room after a loss and thrusting a contract offer sheet into his hands. Where else does it work that way in the NBA? "I'm not the one to always follow professional protocol but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old," Love says.
Perhaps those issues wouldn't still be so raw had the franchise responded differently when Love broke his hand in a preseason workout. In a regimen he's done most of his life, Love fractured a bone thrusting himself to his feet upon completion of a round of knuckle pushups. He missed a month on the floor, but his ears missed nothing from those in management whispering that maybe the injury didn't happen the way Love insisted it did.
"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."
I thought getting Kevin Love would be a pipe dream but apparently not.

Sponsored Link
Rocket_4_Life is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Rocket_4_Life
Rocket_4_Life is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #43650
Didn't he step on Scola's face on purpose? I'd rather groom Dmo or TJ.

rlmjdime is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
rlmjdime
rlmjdime is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #23066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_4_Life View Post
Didn't he step on Scola's face on purpose? I'd rather groom Dmo or TJ.
If you have a chance at Kevin Love you take it....period.

Jedster is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Jedster
Jedster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #53027
I salivate...and dream.

2012-13: $5 million, 32 mpg, 16 points, 8 assists, 1 steal and about 2 TOs on average. That's my Linexpectation!

OremLK is online now Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmjdime View Post
Sadly we don't

At least not anytime this season or next.

Rocket_4_Life is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Rocket_4_Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmjdime View Post
No. Period.

rlmjdime is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
rlmjdime
rlmjdime is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #23066
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
Sadly we don't

At least not anytime this season or next.
I realize that this isn't a short-term reality. My response was about the grooming comment.

Swaggerific is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
Swaggerific
Swaggerific is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52793
If Kevin Love joined us it would be:

C Asik
PF Love
SF Parsons
SG Harden
PG Lin

Da Wink is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
Da Wink
Da Wink is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3674
my feelin' is that this would turn into a Love sweepstakes by DM and Kahn...with Kahn eventually winning again and shipping Love to the Lakers for Gasol...another homerun for lalaland..whew!

CCM721 is online now Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
CCM721
CCM721 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCCM721 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51667
Love would make this team an automatic deep playoff threat.

Medicine N Music is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
Medicine N Music
Contributing Member
Medicine N Music is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMedicine N Music is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #17958
I would trade the farm for him. We would actually still have some pieces left even if we gave 4 or 5 players + draft picks. We currently have Asik, Lin, Parsons, T. Jones, Morris, Patterson, DMO, White, T. Douglas...all have value in this league. This is a pipe dream, but man, you have to take this chance. A starting point would be Parsons + Asik + 2/3 young players, but you have to do it.

Medicine N Music is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
Medicine N Music
Contributing Member
Medicine N Music is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMedicine N Music is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #17958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggerific View Post
If Kevin Love joined us it would be:

C Asik
PF Love
SF Parsons
SG Harden
PG Lin
Parsons and Asik would both be gone. They have the most value and they'll certainly be the first two players the wolves would ask for.

flamingdts is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_4_Life View Post
No. Period.
Kevin Love is going to be one of the best PFs in a couple of years, and he suits our young team.

Other than Griffin, there isn't another young all-star PF.

roxxy is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #14
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
Kevin Love is only 24? My god I thought he was older. Epic fail by me.

Anyway, I would love, Kevin on this team still seems like a pipe dream though. Can you imagine a starting 5 of Lin Harden Parsons Love Asik? Omer would be the oldest player at 26 LOL & Omer is still so raw it is crazy. Love & Harden would have the most experience but they are both 24 & 23 respectively. My god the Rockets would be insane. So many young talented players who can still only get better but have enough talent to be a strong playoff team. *drools uncontrollably*

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

JPhil93 is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
JPhil93
JPhil93 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #43653
I feel like sometimes we miss the big picture of today's NBA culture. To win you need a solid core of all-star capable players not only to play but to attract other stars and veterans to come play. We started that with Harden. Did acquiring Harden instantly make us better? Maybe, maybe not but I do know that long term we have shots at guys like Kevin Love and others coming and signing long term. With more stars come veterans hungry for a title. I wish it was different but if you have a shot at a guy like Love, take it. Thats what Moreyball is all about.

crash5179 is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingdts View Post
Kevin Love is going to be one of the best PFs in a couple of years, and he suits our young team.

Kevin Love is already the single best power forward in the game.

TheMystery008 is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
TheMystery008
TheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine N Music View Post
Parsons and Asik would both be gone. They have the most value and they'll certainly be the first two players the wolves would ask for.
We're talking about Kahn here my friend.

(Beverley - Harden - Ariza - Jones - Howard)

crash5179 is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
everyone on the team not named James Harden would be available IMO for KLove.

crash5179 is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #19
crash5179
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMystery008 View Post
We're talking about Kahn here my friend.

Your not giving Kahn enough credit. It's not like he would ever trade a mid 1st round draft pick for someone like Chase Budinger.

Rocket_4_Life is offline Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #20
Rocket_4_Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingdts View Post

He's one of the best PFs now. He's just a jerk. You don't step on someone's face. Especially a solid guy like Luis.

Isn't there anyone you would just rather beat?