ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
tinman is online now Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Torocan makes a good point.

38 points and 7 assists is a rare accomplishment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by torocan View Post
38 and 7 is pretty darn far from a "good game". It's by any definition a Spectacular game.

And interestingly enough, it's the 2nd game in his Very short career where he's put up 38 and 7... first against the Lakers, now against the Spurs. This is also after he's supposedly been "scouted" and is the primary focus of the Defense with Harden injured.

I don't think you understand exactly how DIFFICULT it is to put up 38 points and 7 assists in a game in the NBA, let alone TWICE.

How many other Guards in the NBA since 1980-81 have put up 38 and 7 at the age of 24 or younger while playing similar minutes? Let alone TWICE?

A grand total of 11 Guards aside from Jeremy Lin since 1980-81, between the ages of 18 and 24, playing 45 or fewer minutes (Lin played 42 minutes in this game, 39 minutes in the Lakers game), have put up 38 and 7 or better TWICE.

Here's the list... http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

Gilbert Arenas
Kobe Bryant
Ricky Davis
Allen Iverson
Kevin Johnson
Michael Jordan
Stephon Marbury
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Russell Westbrook

Congrats Jeremy Lin, you join the ROCKETS CLUB of 38 and 7!

in case the embedded stats don't show up

(club includes

McGrady,
Dream,
Francis,
Horry,
Sleepy Floyd,
Drexler,
Yao Ming,
Harden
Vernon Maxwell)

Last edited by tinman; 12-11-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: updated with Lin/Harden stats

Sponsored Link
Sen89 is offline Old 12-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Sen89
Sen89 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSen89 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34634
I would still rather have Dragic or Lowry over this fool...

sew is offline Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
sew
sew is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodsew is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen89 View Post
epic contribution

tinman is online now Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sew View Post
epic contribution
notice that these members of the 38/7 club were on the Clutch City teams
Maxwell
Olajuwon
Horry
Drexler

gorockets2009 is offline Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
gorockets2009
Rookie
gorockets2009 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34686
What r u talking about? you just made a fool out of yourself.

Quote:

tinman is online now Old 12-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
tinman
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorockets2009 View Post
What r u talking about? you just made a fool out of yourself.
I was pointing out the other players in Rockets History (which includes players that whipped the Knicks in the finals)
who had 38 and 7.

Say a new thread about Rockets players who've scored 50 points...
That's Dream and Maxwell..

see? easy.

Air Langhi is offline Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Tmac did it 8 times. For all your hating of him he was a really, really good player.

flamingdts is offline Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
I'm not surprised Ricky Davis appeared on that list.

Stathog of the decade.

rocketsfan4 is online now Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
rocketsfan4
rocketsfan4 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketsfan4 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #50010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Langhi View Post
Tmac did it 8 times. For all your hating of him he was a really, really good player.
I think most of us think back fondly of Tmac. It was just frustrating that he and Yao were never able to reach their potential due to injuries (and roster strength during their peak).

SF: Horry
PF: Sampson/Thorpe
C: Olajuwon/Malone

haoafu is offline Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
haoafu
Contributing Member
haoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodhaoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18655
Harden's 37 and 12 in his first game was also impressive.

Orange is offline Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Orange
Orange is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineOrange is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51609
Quote:
No ones hating your just cock riding too much.

torocan is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
torocan
torocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52386
Quote:
T-mac was a beast in his prime.

One wonders what he could have been with better luck in terms of injury.

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/22/yo...games-so-what/

Jedster is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
Jedster
Jedster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #53027
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
I was pointing out the other players in Rockets History (which includes players that whipped the Knicks in the finals)
who had 38 and 7.

Say a new thread about Rockets players who've scored 50 points...
That's Dream and Maxwell..

see? easy.
He wasn't talking about your comment.

2012-13: $5 million, 32 mpg, 16 points, 8 assists, 1 steal and about 2 TOs on average. That's my Linexpectation!

gnozahs is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
gnozahs
gnozahs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52705
Quote:
Hahaha. Epic.

EarlIII is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
EarlIII
EarlIII is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52453
Don't forget about "the most points in his first 5 starts" club.

Quote:
New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin made NBA history by scoring 136 points in his first five starts. Here's how he compares to some notable players in NBA history:

Jeremy Lin scored more points in his first five starts than any other player since the NBA merger with the ABA. ) A look at some notable players through their first five starts.

Player; FG-FGA; FG% Pts; PPG

Jeremy Lin; 49-98; 50%; 136; 27.2

Shaquille O'Neal; 48-84; 57.1%; 129; 25.8

Allen Iverson; 37-79; 46.8%; 107; 21.4

LeBron James; 34-78; 43.6%; 84; 16.8

Kobe Bryant; 27-60; 45.0%; 80; 16.0

Steve Nash; 15-33; 45.5%; 40; 8.0

Note: In his first five starts, Michael Jordan scored 116 points.

Jedster is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
Jedster
Jedster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #53027
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlIII View Post
Don't forget about "the most points in his first 5 starts" club.
Cynics:
- "It's just 5 games man. Such a small sample. He's a backup PG at best."
- "How dare you compare Lin with those other guys. I'm laughing so hard right now."
- "Meh...gimme Dragic or Lowry anyday."

Did I miss any?

Everyone else:
- "That's pretty good company. Shows he has high potential."

2012-13: $5 million, 32 mpg, 16 points, 8 assists, 1 steal and about 2 TOs on average. That's my Linexpectation!

flamingdts is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedster View Post
Cynics:
- "It's just 5 games man. Such a small sample. He's a backup PG at best."
- "How dare you compare Lin with those other guys. I'm laughing so hard right now."
- "Meh...gimme Dragic or Lowry anyday."

Did I miss any?

Everyone else:
- "That's pretty good company. Shows he has high potential."
That's not being cynical.

I'll still take those guys over Lin any day. Doesn't mean I don't think Lin has the potential to be a very good player.

BigShotBob is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #18
BigShotBob
BigShotBob is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43535
Quote:
Originally Posted by haoafu View Post
Harden's 37 and 12 in his first game was also impressive.
this.

BigShotBob is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #19
BigShotBob
BigShotBob is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43535
oh wait. 38 points.

pnr is offline Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
pnr
pnr is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodpnr is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51940
Harden's first game was really impressive. I wish the coaches would just let them play on instinct from now on.