ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: The red-hot start for the Houston Rockets

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

I got the #1 Top 10 Video on ESPN Sportscenter Last Night!
Tags:  amigo, basketball, college, espn, houston rockets, jacksonville, moving, nba, school, stupid, video, youtube Tags
moose is offline Old 12-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #21
moose
moose is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodmoose is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33961
That was nasty!

Sponsored Link
LoganRoxFan is offline Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #22
LoganRoxFan
LoganRoxFan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33824
Pathetic call ref.

Jontro is offline Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #23
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
Now that was just impolite.

SirCharlesFan is offline Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
SirCharlesFan
Contributing Member
SirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 1999
Member: #410
LOL @ that ref. I know it's juco, but what the hell was he even thinking?

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

-White Men Can't Jump

Jontro is offline Old 12-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #25
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
That ref just had a "2 fouls" moment.

DrLudicrous is offline Old 12-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #26
DrLudicrous
Contributing Member
DrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2002
Member: #3729
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZone View Post
By the way, this is where Carl "Amigo" Herrera went to school, and one of the reasons I became and have been a huge Rockets fan ever since he played for the Rockets.
I grew up there and somehow never knew this. Herrera just moved up a few notches in my favorite player list.

Relentless is offline Old 12-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #27
Relentless
Relentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47992
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasket View Post
I know the guy who got dunked on. Ironic but he never takes charges in games. He was roasted hard on facebook (not going to give out his name). I felt sorry for him, who would of guessed the guy would try to dunk from just inside the free throw line?
It's would've or would have, you jabroni.

This laziness and idiocy is ridiculous.

jbasket is offline Old 12-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #28
jbasket
Contributing Member
jbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
It's would've or would have, you jabroni.

This laziness and idiocy is ridiculous.
Could you be a bigger grammar nazi?

Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Baske.../dp/0345520106

oelman44 is offline Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
oelman44
oelman44 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsoelman44 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsoelman44 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsoelman44 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50564
Just saw this on front page of youtube, congrats man!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...46--ncaab.html

tamericus is offline Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #30
tamericus
Contributing Member
tamericus is Omer Asik -- working the boardstamericus is Omer Asik -- working the boardstamericus is Omer Asik -- working the boardstamericus is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #34434
Front page of Yahoo, you've made it big time.

TimeZone is offline Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #31
TimeZone
TimeZone is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6284
Wow! Think somehow the Yahoo story is connected to the thread here. Weird, never expected that when I posted here. Some of the stuff in the story is wrong, not sure where all that came from. Too tired, just got in from out of town. Really cool though. Thanks guys!

SuperVon is offline Old 12-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #32
SuperVon
Contributing Member
SuperVon is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41018
Kelly Dwyer is a member of clutchfans. Posts from time to time, so the yahoo story very well could be linked to here.

Edit: it directly mentions clutchfans.

redwhiteone is offline Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #33
redwhiteone
redwhiteone is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodredwhiteone is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #34532
Really nice capture man. Props!

ArtV is offline Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #34
ArtV
Contributing Member
ArtV is James Harden -- racking up the pointsArtV is James Harden -- racking up the pointsArtV is James Harden -- racking up the pointsArtV is James Harden -- racking up the pointsArtV is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5167
Should have gone right.

cfansnet is offline Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #35
cfansnet
cfansnet is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodcfansnet is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38069
Great dunk!

Slowing the video down though made it seem like the $6 million man.

Precision340 is offline Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #36
Precision340
Precision340 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2007
Member: #23927
sickest facial and dunk of the year for sure!! charge call by the ref was wrong!

TISNF is offline Old 12-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #37
TISNF
TISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realjad View Post
So they did pay you for using your video right?
He'll get a few hundred $$$ from the YouTube views.

TimeZone is offline Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #38
TimeZone
In the story, my name is wrong, lol. It should be Lum Newburn IV. He said Jacksonville won the game in OT, but they didn't. Tyler won the game. This dunk happened in regulation and was called a charge, so the points were not counted and Skinner was given a foul. So, that was 2 points (possibly 3 with an and 1) Jacksonville didn't get and also the foul on Skinner. The game ended regulation tied at 80. If everything else was equal, Jacksonville would have won by 2 (or 3 points with a made and 1 free throw shot.) Another Jacksonville player fouled out shortly before OT and then about 30 seconds into OT Skinner fouled out.. Jacksonville lost by two (89-91) in OT. So with the call the other way, things could have been a lot different in regulation or OT. Who Knows? Butterfly effect.. Seems like ref calls make the difference in the games a lot in our conference.

So if Kelly Dwyer reads this, he might want to update the story.

TimeZone is offline Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #39
TimeZone
I got some more really nice dunks on video at our last game. Maybe not quite up to #1 on Soortscenter I guess, but not bad. Two of them by Daniel Skinner again. He just has a really nasty way of putting them down that makes them fun to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZeu8n1Zb5k

It was at the homecoming game of Jacksonville College against Blinn College. Unfortunately they lost at the buzzer after a great comeback. The ref counted the basket by Blinn good, but my video seems to show that it was still in his hand with the buzzer light on. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S073boYoA60

Still not sure if I am posting video correctly. I have put both the url and the embed code from Youtube and am only seeing blank space in the preview.

bobmarley is offline Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #40
bobmarley
Contributing Member
bobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13144
Ball was off of his fingertips when the light came on.

Very close though. Such a tough way to lose a game.

1st loser 2011-2012 DonnyMost NFL Pick 'Em
Winner 2009 Clutchfan's Second Chance NFL Pick 'Em

"I feel great that I'm in the wonderful city of Houston." - Kostas Papanikolaou