1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Craig Ackerman: "The Lakers Have Just Pooped their Big Boy Pants!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Dec 5, 2012.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Ackerman had a hilarious call at the end of the game as the Rockets beat the Lakers on the final possession. Does anyone have an audio? That will be one for the archives, and it might just go viral nationally (they were were talking about it just now on the JT the Brick radio program).
    <HR>
    UPDATE:

#1 durvasa, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I didn't record it but heard it on XM. I was in the car road trip with my boss who isn't a sports fan and we both laughed out loud.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Heard it on the post game show.

It surpassed his Von Wafer call.

I know there was a thread dissing Craig saying he wasn't Gene. Well no ****. He's a legend. He's the voice you grew up with. He's going to be the voice for the next 30-40 years. Your kids will think he's the greatest.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Well, now I need to know what he said about Wafer. I love Ackerman, he should replace Bill after he retires.

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

6. tomato

tomato Member

That sounds gross. All I can imagine is finding a pair of pants and eating poop from it!!!!!!

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is my phone recording of it on the drive home from the Toyota Center.

<div><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="210" height="25" id="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/stuff/craig_ackerman_lakers_pooped.mp3&autoStart=no" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/stuff/craig_ackerman_lakers_pooped.mp3&autoStart=no" quality="high" width="210" height="25" name="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed></object></div>

3 people like this.
  8. skyline07

skyline07 Member

lol I love Craig

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where did the "big boy pants" thing come from?:confused:

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this call made my night tonight.

away from a tv and blacked out from League Pass Broadband because I live in LA, I went from the local radio feed in my car during the 3rd and 4th quarter when I realized I could get the Houston audio on my NBA Game Time app.

Ackerman made that call at the buzzer and it just made the night so much sweeter. in fact, it made me think how that phrase might be the second most famous radio catchphrase in Rockets history...

I would think Ackerman will stick to calling games on radio. he's such a great replacement for Gene as mentioned before.

great thread and thanks Clutch for uploading that. more people need to know how awesome listening on the radio still is for fans these days.

Kobe on his teammates.

11. AFS

AFS Member

Not sure if it was original, but there was a Rockets fan on the sidelines with a sign that said:

"Dwight, time to put on your big boy pants and shoot free throws"

Drexler and Worrell referred to it several times throughout their broadcast and they started saying it too, especially during the two minutes of hack-a-dwight. I'm assuming that the fan with that sign was the originator, although it could come from something even before that.

12. AFS

AFS Member

Ah, nevermind to my previous post.

13. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Question: I used to listen to every rockets game on the online radio up here in Canada before i learned of streaming games online. This was like 3-5 years ago. I was wondering if the person i was listening to was gene or ackerman?

Thanks

14. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

yeah after losing to the magic, kobe said its time to put our big boy pants on. most people/media aimed that at gasol who didnt play well and was benched in the end of the game

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

#15 across110thstreet, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Major thanks to Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler of SportsTalk 790 for making the audio of Craig Ackerman's final call available. Be sure to check out their blog.

I took that audio and mixed it with the video. Here is Ackerman's "The Lakers just pooped their big boy pants!" call along with the video of the final play he was calling.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lTeZ6elLcow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 people like this.
  17. spankz141

spankz141 Member

LOL @ Lakers fan at 0:18.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Your awesome Clutch, thanks for sharing!
    Hilarious just Hilarious!!!

"The Lakers just pooped their big boy pant's".....Classic!!

Love.... Murphy/Ackerman/Worrel!!!

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing Durvasa,got carried away with the video!;)

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ugly image:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]