ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after 107-105 Rockets win over Lakers
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, greg smith, houston rockets, james harden, jeremy lin, lakers, los angeles lakers, luis scola, nba, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1

Strangest thing with Lin tonight. After any game, you literally have to camp out at Jeremy Lin's corner locker (formerly Luis Scola's) and wait until he's out of the showers and ready to speak if you want a decent spot. If you're a one-man operation, you likely will miss speaking to Harden if you want to get a decent spot for Lin.

I was in the Lakers locker room and raced back to the Rockets. There was a mob of media around Greg Smith -- must have been 25+ around him. That alone was strange, but as I was trying to hear what he was saying (without any luck), the head of media came over and said, "If you guys want Jeremy, he's available." Looked over and he was all alone standing at his locker -- no one had even noticed it.

I seriously doubt that will ever happen again. Not a knock on Jeremy, just more to show how Greg Smith stole the show tonight.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
BigMaloe is offline Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
BigMaloe
Contributing Member
BigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50111
Seems legit...

Use The TPE on Dalembert and Shumpert...

rokit is offline Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
rokit
rokit is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52835
lol this dude is crazy, gets benched and then compliments coaching

Rox>Mavs is offline Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
Rox>Mavs
Contributing Member
Rox>Mavs is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRox>Mavs is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #47021
Love his game or hate it....I value his objectivity in seeing his own limitations and the teams. High character and intelligence guy.

Patience is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
Patience
Contributing Member
Patience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokit View Post
lol this dude is crazy, gets benched and then compliments coaching
Duh, all he wants to do is Lin.

just a word is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52812
2:17, couldn't even contain his smile anymore while praising the bench.

Dei is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
I was in the Lakers locker room and raced back to the Rockets. There was a mob of media around Greg Smith -- must have been 25+ around him. That alone was strange, but as I was trying to hear what he was saying (without any luck), the head of media came over and said, "If you guys want Jeremy, he's available." Looked over and he was all alone standing at his locker -- no one had even noticed it.

Alex L. is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
Alex L.
Contributing Member
Alex L. is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51861
Classy guy. And he'll make a great coach if he decides not to become a pastor.

JK1 is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #9
JK1
JK1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex L. View Post
Classy guy. And he'll make a great coach if he decides not to become a pastor.
Goto NBA.com, all (Lin, Douglas, Parsons, Harden and Smith) the interviews were classy, this team starting to gel.

Clutch you should put up all of the interviews (plus your commentary) or none at all, Jeremy wasn't really a factor in this game.

JK1 is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #10
JK1
JK1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52729
Oh ****, my bad, this is your own video right.

Clutch is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
Clutch you should put up all of the interviews (plus your commentary) or none at all, Jeremy wasn't really a factor in this game.
I did put up all the interviews I got.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Dei is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #12
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
I didn't know my pic was so big. Feel free to remove it.

tkrieger is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
tkrieger
tkrieger is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #51721
My all-time favorite player was Larry Nance. (Although Lin might be second.) There was a game in which his team (Cleveland Cavaliers) blew out the opposition, and he scored like 4 points in the game. Someone asked him why he wasn't productive, and he said, "When the other players are playing great, don't intervene." .............

My favorite Lin play was him smothering Kobe on a one-on-one play. His offense might be out of kilter, but he made some plays on the defensive side of the floor that may have prevented a potential Laker early-game blowout. (He may have also blocked Kobe from behind, but his block was later removed from the box score. The play which Kobe rested on the floor, appearing to be hurt.)

Alex L. is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #14
Alex L.
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrieger View Post
My all-time favorite player was Larry Nance. (Although Lin might be second.) There was a game in which his team (Cleveland Cavaliers) blew out the opposition, and he scored like 4 points in the game. Someone asked him why he wasn't productive, and he said, "When the other players are playing great, don't intervene." .............

My favorite Lin play was him smothering Kobe on a one-on-one play. His offense might be out of kilter, but he made some plays on the defensive side of the floor that may have prevented a potential Laker early-game blowout. (He may have also blocked Kobe from behind, but his block was later removed from the box score. The play which Kobe rested on the floor, pretending to be hurt.)
Fixed it for you

Lin got us the first basket of the game too.

Carl Herrera is online now Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #15
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
I really enjoy Kobe and Dwight's sad faces. Thanks, Clutch!

Alex L. is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #16
Alex L.
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
I really enjoy Kobe and Dwight's sad faces. Thanks, Clutch!
Dude, wrong thread

Hail to the V is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #17
Hail to the V
Hail to the V is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrieger View Post

My favorite Lin play was him smothering Kobe on a one-on-one play. His offense might be out of kilter, but he made some plays on the defensive side of the floor that may have prevented a potential Laker early-game blowout. (He may have also blocked Kobe from behind, but his block was later removed from the box score. The play which Kobe rested on the floor, appearing to be hurt.)
Nights like this is when you truly appreciate having a deep bench. Not surprised by Lin's glee since his own rise came about with Jeffries, Walker, Fields, Shumpert and Novak. If anyone can appreciate a freaking great night like this it's him.

I love how this team is built, and can't wait to see Jones and DMo getting their moments too. Very solid roster.

yunac010 is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #18
yunac010
yunac010 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52474
TD never seemed bitter when he lost his starting job to Lin and was always one of the first off the bench to congratulate him. Glad Lin is like that too.

Even when Asik, Parsons, and Lin got benched they were pumped up and cheered for their teammates. It's nice to not have guys who would pout and whine over stuff like that.

Hail to the V is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
Hail to the V
Starters need to stop partying with hookers the night before a big game. Hope Sampson clamps down on that.

Hail to the V is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #20
Hail to the V
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunac010 View Post
TD never seemed bitter when he lost his starting job to Lin and was always one of the first off the bench to congratulate him. Glad Lin is like that too.

Even when Asik, Parsons, and Lin got benched they were pumped up and cheered for their teammates. It's nice to not have guys who would pout and whine over stuff like that.
I was glad Douglas ended up on the Rockets with Lin. Wish they had kept Jorts too ...