ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
H-TOWNSFINEST is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
H-TOWNSFINEST
H-TOWNSFINEST is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodH-TOWNSFINEST is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31460
Quote:
James Harden Discusses The Progress The Rockets Are Making, And What It’s Like Being The “Main Man” In Houston
Harden also talks about his charity event, what it's like playing with Jeremy Lin, and the trip the team took to Minnesota for Sasha McHale's funeral.

http://www.1560thegame.com/mp3/files/harden.mp3

"Houston will be a force to be reckoned with during the 2013-14 season. People around town can’t wait for the season to tip off and for this squad to prove that it is a contender for an NBA title." - Hakeem Olajuwon

Sponsored Link
cytrynowa is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
cytrynowa
cytrynowa is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52863
Thanks!

Can anyone summarize?

just a word is offline Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52812
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytrynowa View Post
Thanks!

Can anyone summarize?
- Chemistry is continually building, Harden thinks they still need about 2 more weeks to really gel

- Harden felt like they really needed to be there to support McHale, but found that a difficult day, he 'dislikes funerals already', 'it was a very emotional day for me as well, I'm happy it's over and looking forward to the future and getting better as a team' emphasis his.

- what's it like being on the floor with Lin, after having played with Westbrook: "he's done a great job, I think it's just it's his first year too, as a starting point guard, and starting the year off as a point guard, so we both have a lot to learn together, I think he's a great player, he can create off/on the ball and shoot the ball as well, very versatile as a point guard."

- challenges going from 6th man to starter: "it's a lot different... it's still alot that I'm getting used to and adjusted to but it's still good."

- on helping recruit another star, 'do you say to other guys hey come over, play with us!': "Of course, I've been starting that recruiting process, not one player can go win a championship, nowadays you need two or more, I've definitely been starting that process, we need more guys to come over here and win. But for right now we're going to stick with the future we have."

- on offensive similarities to OKC: it's similar, the players are alot different, 'but the adjustments that I have to make to make my team better off'

- on leadership: a lot to do, guys look up to him despite his youth because of going to olympics/finals, but team and coaches help him out with it

So, yeah, apparently they still have room to grow/gel as a team and Harden himself, and also that he's personally been recruiting. Good signs!

Carl Herrera is offline Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
$1,000,000 fine and loss of daft picks for tempering coming down. Thanks, James.

senter is offline Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
senter
senter is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodsenter is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46853
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a word View Post
- Chemistry is continually building, Harden thinks they still need about 2 more weeks to really gel

- Harden felt like they really needed to be there to support McHale, but found that a difficult day, he 'dislikes funerals already', 'it was a very emotional day for me as well, I'm happy it's over and looking forward to the future and getting better as a team' emphasis his.

- what's it like being on the floor with Lin, after having played with Westbrook: "he's done a great job, I think it's just it's his first year too, as a starting point guard, and starting the year off as a point guard, so we both have a lot to learn together, I think he's a great player, he can create off/on the ball and shoot the ball as well, very versatile as a point guard."

- challenges going from 6th man to starter: "it's a lot different... it's still alot that I'm getting used to and adjusted to but it's still good."

- on helping recruit another star, 'do you say to other guys hey come over, play with us!': "Of course, I've been starting that recruiting process, not one player can go win a championship, nowadays you need two or more, I've definitely been starting that process, we need more guys to come over here and win. But for right now we're going to stick with the future we have."

- on offensive similarities to OKC: it's similar, the players are alot different, 'but the adjustments that I have to make to make my team better off'

- on leadership: a lot to do, guys look up to him despite his youth because of going to olympics/finals, but team and coaches help him out with it

So, yeah, apparently they still have room to grow/gel as a team and Harden himself, and also that he's personally been recruiting. Good signs!
thanks. he's definitely saying all the right things. its no wonder he became such a fan favorite so fast. regarding the whole recruiting other stars thing, I wonder who he's talking to.. Is the FO allowed to discuss stuff like this with Harden, like who to try to recruit? I'd assume not, but maybe Morey can give the ipads to Harden and then he can give them to the other players himself haha

Check out my music
www.sentermusic.com

cytrynowa is offline Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
cytrynowa
cytrynowa is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52863
Thanks a lot for the summary! I would rep you if I could.

I wonder who he's been, uh, recruiting. Durant?! Lol

Ynnis888 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Ynnis888
Ynnis888 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYnnis888 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52012
You guys forgot to mention...he's golf game was terrible.

He sounded upbeat. Love it.

Another thread might pop up on who James is recruiting...lol

Thanks for sharing.

http://youtu.be/IngtBwg4lkQ

Grigori is offline Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
Grigori
Grigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGrigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
$1,000,000 fine and loss of daft picks for tempering coming down. Thanks, James.
Players can't temper.

just a word is offline Old 12-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52812
Quote:
Originally Posted by senter View Post
thanks. he's definitely saying all the right things. its no wonder he became such a fan favorite so fast. regarding the whole recruiting other stars thing, I wonder who he's talking to.. Is the FO allowed to discuss stuff like this with Harden, like who to try to recruit? I'd assume not, but maybe Morey can give the ipads to Harden and then he can give them to the other players himself haha
np!

And I don't know necessarily that he received a 'wishlist' from the FO that he needs to get them for xmas () but I wouldn't be surprised if they've had discussions for Harden's opinions given that he'd played against/with a lot of stars and chilled with them this past olympics. Also in that SI article with Morey it basically implied that the FO didn't care as long it was a top 10 star; ie. that analytics helps finding people to match with those stars but that these players are a lot easier to get (even if harder to find) than it is to get a star (which is conversely easier to find, but much harder to get)

gtmkcp is offline Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
gtmkcp
gtmkcp is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52134
Thanks for posting. Very curious also who he's been talking to.

vlaurelio is offline Old 12-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
vlaurelio
Contributing Member
vlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the pointsvlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the pointsvlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the pointsvlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the pointsvlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2005
Member: #16082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnis888 View Post
Another thread might pop up on who James is recruiting...lol

Speculation: James Harden Recruiting Target is...

Grigori is offline Old 12-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
Grigori
Grigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGrigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44899
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
Felicity Jones probably.

Nimo is offline Old 12-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
Nimo
Nimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51693
Quote:

Apparently the conversation didn't go too well

Ynnis888 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
Ynnis888
Ynnis888 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYnnis888 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52012
Quote:
Actually, that's more exciting the current threads right now.

http://youtu.be/IngtBwg4lkQ