ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Speculation: Daryl Morey's REAL Target is..
Tags:  basketball, daryl morey, houston rockets, nba Tags
Da_Spark is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Da_Spark
Da_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34364
Speculation: Daryl Morey's REAL Target is...

"Rockets fans, just be patient."

Sponsored Link
cheke64 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
cheke64
cheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42238
You telling this nerdy white guy can out rebound strong-built scrunched up sleeve's Patterson?

I call bull****.

Da_Spark is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Da_Spark
Da_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheke64 View Post
You telling this nerdy white guy can out rebound strong-built scrunched up sleeve's Patterson?

I call bull****.
Of course not. So far this season coming from a broken hand, he's averaging 21.7ppg and 15.3rpg.. Yuck.

RV6 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Drew Carey? Dude is lookin' slim..

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Aruba77 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
i think i just gave away a blazer i've had since the early 90s that looked just like that.

Haymitch is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399

God, I hope so. It would be so sweet. The thought makes me want to go start a franchise on 2K13 and make it happen.

PS - Can we get Rubio too??

bet

Miracles Boys33 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
Miracles Boys33
Miracles Boys33 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50100

GoRockets! is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
GoRockets!
GoRockets! is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52366
Can someone make another thread: Speculation: Morey's FA target is Lebron James...

Based from the past two day's speculation threads, We just need one more speculation thread to complete the Rockets 5 starters: Chris Paul, Lebron James, Josh Smith, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard. Yeah!!!

durvasa is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
I don't understand why people think Minnesota would be in such a hurry to trade away Love. He's under contract until 2014/2015 season, and they have some other nice younger players on that team and a VERY good coach.

tdogg310 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
tdogg310
tdogg310 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41047
how can he be a FA target when he's not a free agent for 3 years?? Morey will not sit pat and wait for half of Harden's contract to be over to sign someone else. Which means if you want Love you are going to have to trade, but why would Minny trade him?? they have shown they are a playoff team with Love and Rubio, why break that up when you have them both under team control for at least 3 more years?? Love is untouchable until at the earliest 2015

If your thumbnail has a member joined date of July 2012, im just going to ignore your post/threads completely.

https://twitter.com/thatgeekTroyD

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/thatgeektroyd

Aruba77 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracles Boys33 View Post
yes that really would be a miracle ...Miracles Boys33

cheke64 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
cheke64
cheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracles Boys33 View Post
Kahnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!

Pokito1120 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
Pokito1120
Pokito1120 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51535
In my opinion Love is a good but not great and wont make this team a contender...I rather go after Aldridge or Cousins.

arjun is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
this is so stupid..he just signed an extension in Minnesota which is up and coming team with better players than what we have.

why would they trade Love who is arguably the most effective PF in the NBA when they have him under contract for the next 3 yrs?

Da_Spark is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Da_Spark
If i may add, based on our history in trying to sign FA's.. not good. So i say our chances of acquiring Kevin Love via trade in the future is better than Dwight or CP3 leaving LA for Houston. James Harden is a living proof.

arjun is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokito1120 View Post
In my opinion Love is a good but not great and wont make this team a contender...I rather go after Aldridge or Cousins.
lol if you think aldridge or cousins will make us contenders and love won't

MambaJoe is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43157
Im sure Morey would love to have a guy like Love. I would want to have Love also. He's a legit star, he can score big time and is the best rebounder in the NBA. Trading for him would really cripple the team because the Wolves will demand a lot for Love. I think if they would go after him through FA, they would have a much better chance because having a guy like James Harden helps. I think if the Wolves aren't successful this year. Love will want to leave Minny.

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

Rox>Mavs is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
Rox>Mavs
Contributing Member
Rox>Mavs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #47021
Quote:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but.... Wut?

jtr is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
jtr
Contributing Member
jtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49860
Quote:
He is probably the best PF in the NBA. A perfect fit for the Rockets. To bad the Suns will rise in the West before we get him.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #20
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
He won't be a free agent until 2015. So no.