ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Rockets ranked #1 in........
Tags:  basketball, defense, goal, houston rockets, nba, offensive, suns Tags
jocar is offline Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834

PACE: Pace Factor - the number of possessions a team uses per game.
AST: Assist Ratio - the percentage of a team's possessions that ends in an assist. Assist Ratio = (Assists x 100) divided by [(FGA + (FTA x 0.44) + Assists + Turnovers]
TO: Turnover Ratio - the percentage of a team's possessions that end in a turnover. Turnover Ratio = (Turnover x 100) divided by [(FGA + (FTA x 0.44) + Assists + Turnovers]
ORR: Offensive rebound rate
DRR: Defensive rebound rate
REBR: Rebound Rate - the percentage of missed shots that a team rebounds. Rebound Rate = (Rebounds x Team Minutes) divided by [Player Minutes x (Team Rebounds + Opponent Rebounds)]
EFF FG%: Effective Field Goal Percentage
TS%: True Shooting Percentage - what a team's shooting percentage would be if we accounted for free throws and 3-pointers. True Shooting Percentage = (Total points x 50) divided by [(FGA + (FTA x 0.44)]
OFF EFF: Offensive Efficiency - the number of points a team scores per 100 possessions.
DEF EFF: Defensive Efficiency - the number of points a team allows per 100 possessions.

The pace factor is used to estimate the number of possessions a team has per game. The more possessions a team accumulates, the quicker the pace of the game. The formula for this statistic is: ((Tm Poss + Opp Poss) / (2 * (Tm MP / 5))). The first part of the equation sums Team Possessions and Opponent's Possessions. The latter half of the equation uses Team Minutes Played, which is the total number of minutes played by each player on the team.
(more analysis of the pace factor)

Not sure if it amounts to anything other than exciting, high-scoring games, but hey, we're #1! So go suck on that. Someone!

Actually a higher pace factor does have an effect scoring efficiency...(I'm guessing because of fast breaks/layups/unsettled defense? - not sure)

"All in all, a team can expect to increase their Offensive Efficiency by 0.32 points for every extra possession that they use per game. This means that, so far this year, a team that uses six extra possessions per game might be expected to gain about 2 extra points in Offensive Efficiency.
Faster offenses were slightly more efficient than the slower ones in 2004-05 (by only a slight margin: 0.03 points per 100 possessions). In 2005-06, this gap increased to 0.80. This year, the gap is up to 1.4. This means that, rather than shrinking, the benefits to be gained from a faster paced offense are actually increasing. ."

http://www.82games.com/levbot.htm -based on the fast paced Suns offense 2004-06

[IMG][/IMG]

Sponsored Link
Wapzoe is offline Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Wapzoe
Wapzoe is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2012
Member: #50911
Looking good..

But come on, we need to improve our defense! I'm looking at you PatPat and Harden

We have the potential to be an extremely formidable defensive team with Asik, Parsons, TD, Lin..
Harden has the IQ to be a quality defender, i'd like to see more from him

thadeus is offline Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
thadeus
Contributing Member
thadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #13962
I believe we're also #1 in the lowest percentage of state residents who can actually watch the games on TV.

linvetb6 is offline Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
linvetb6
linvetb6 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28569
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeus View Post
I believe we're also #1 in the lowest percentage of state residents who can actually watch the games on TV.
Made me lol

rawool is offline Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
rawool
rawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16550
Quote:
Lol, nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedemption
I would let Chandler Parsons and Dwight Howard double team me all day.

kastuul is offline Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
kastuul
kastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51938
http://www.hoopsstats.com
Position Ranking:

LIN 20th PG
Harden 3rd SG
Parsons 5th SF
PPT 21 PF
ASIK 12th C

We have 2 positions in Top 5.

If Lin keeps play well, he can move up to Top 10-15.

rocketsballin is offline Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
rocketsballin
rocketsballin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketsballin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #53029
Quote:

kianainhi is offline Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
kianainhi
kianainhi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52355
Quote:
Is there a stat for TV viewership?

Billionzz is offline Old 12-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
Billionzz
Contributing Member
Billionzz is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBillionzz is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapzoe View Post
Looking good..

But come on, we need to improve our defense! I'm looking at you PatPat and Harden

We have the potential to be an extremely formidable defensive team with Asik, Parsons, TD, Lin..
Harden has the IQ to be a quality defender, i'd like to see more from him
I agree that Harden and Patterson need to improve their D but I think our defense problems has more to do with learning to play together and learning the system.

Last year the Rockets were 15th in defense and we were weaker center position and Scola was worse than Patterson on D.

NotApollo33 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #10
NotApollo33
NotApollo33 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52485
lHahal. Rockets ranked no.1 at running.

Joe Joe is offline Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
Joe Joe
Contributing Member
Joe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 1999
Member: #467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionzz View Post
I agree that Harden and Patterson need to improve their D but I think our defense problems has more to do with learning to play together and learning the system.

Last year the Rockets were 15th in defense and we were weaker center position and Scola was worse than Patterson on D.
Getting the transition defense tightened up would do wonders for overall defensive rank.

iconoclastic is offline Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #12
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
Probably has something to do with our youth and fresh legs.

theaesirsfinest is offline Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #13
theaesirsfinest
theaesirsfinest is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe View Post
Getting the transition defense tightened up would do wonders for overall defensive rank.
Definitely. As of Nov 30th, we ranked 24th in the league in defending transition situations (source: http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/news...hasing-rabbits ). Yikes.

On the bright side, Lin's making better decisions on the defensive end too. He used to give up way too many points since he would overhelp when his man was one pass away, inevitably causing either a slow recovery to a jumper or forced rotations by our other players.

gnozahs is offline Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #14
gnozahs
gnozahs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52705
Quote:
hahaha

mvpcrossxover is offline Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #15
mvpcrossxover
mvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33363
why don't the coaches let Asik chase after layups and such?

i know he has problems with fouls and all in chicago, but let him go after shots more if he's not in foul trouble.

i've seen couple times where teams are getting uncontested layups and Asik doesn't want to challenge the shot because the coaches told him not to go after everything.

i saw Asik looked at the bench couple times like "do I just let them take the open layups and dunks? "

He DID blocked shots in the 4th quarters but just think of how much the team would be better if he doesn't shy away from challenging layups and dunks.

ClutchFans' Achievement

split41 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 AM   #16
split41
split41 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodsplit41 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #52694
Pace is one of the reasons rockets games are so good to watch!

MONON is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 AM   #17
MONON
MONON is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2002
Member: #3969
Quote:
I don't care what anybody says, that there's funny!

jtr is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
jtr
Contributing Member
jtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionzz View Post

Patience. Team individual and help defense and nailing the rotations take time to develop.

nomangame is offline Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #19
nomangame
nomangame is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52512
Quote:
I feel you man.

Parpar2j is offline Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #20
Parpar2j
Parpar2j is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52342
i believe that Lin and Asik will move up in top 10