ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
senter is offline Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
senter
senter is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodsenter is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46853
Great read from ESPN on Harden. Check it

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...ouston-rockets

Check out my music
www.sentermusic.com

Sponsored Link
BigMaloe is offline Old 11-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
BigMaloe
Contributing Member
BigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50111
Excellent read...

jimmyv281 is online now Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
jimmyv281
jimmyv281 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32798
We will have James Harden's best years as a pro unlike the decling Charles Barkley, Tracy Mcgrady, and fall of Yao Ming.

cuddie is offline Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
cuddie
cuddie is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecuddie is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecuddie is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32088
"Them doing what I'm coming from and what I like to do, and me knowing them" - James Harden

JJHardLin is offline Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
JJHardLin
JJHardLin is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52552
Excellent read. When can we expect the Daequan Cook interview to be released?

alethios is online now Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
alethios
alethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #32552
I find more to like about this guy every day. He's a breath of fresh air as opposed to the star mentality that gets exuded by other star (or incredibly talented but self-entitled) players who get caught up in the limelight and special treatment.

teebone21 is offline Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
teebone21
teebone21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49861
Hope his game improves soon. He has been ice cold these last few games. That weak euro step has got to go also

J Sizzle is offline Old 11-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
Dude just turned 23 years old in August....I still can't believe that.

He's truly going to be dominant in years to come. His game is not perfect right now, but that's a good thing. He's one of the league's best players (clearly), and he still has so much more that he can improve on (FG%, turnovers, etc.).

So happy to have him. I was vehemently against going after Dwight because of his injury history, his unwillingness to play in Houston, and his unwillingness to sign an extension with the Rockets. Now we have a true star player, who's younger, who really likes what we have here. That's really just the perfect scenario.

And really though....is Asik playing THAT much worse than Dwight? Absolutely not. He's filling the center void beautifully.

J Sizzle is offline Old 11-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebone21 View Post
Hope his game improves soon. He has been ice cold these last few games. That weak euro step has got to go also
Please....

His euro step is lethal. Does it work every time? No, but that move has gotten him to the line countless times this season. Saying it "has got to go" is just short sighted because of the Thunder game.

Dude is 23 years old....he's going to improve so much more.

alethios is online now Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
alethios
alethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #32552
Quote:
I thought he shot pretty well in the Knicks & Raptors games.

teebone21 is offline Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
teebone21
Quote:
Originally Posted by alethios View Post
I thought he shot pretty well in the Knicks & Raptors games.
knicks game was all freethrows actually if i remember

teebone21 is offline Old 11-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
teebone21
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sizzle View Post
Please....

His euro step is lethal. Does it work every time? No, but that move has gotten him to the line countless times this season. Saying it "has got to go" is just short sighted because of the Thunder game.

Dude is 23 years old....he's going to improve so much more.
maybe you dont have CSN like it do but that weak move is why he is almost toping the team in turnovers. Its predictable and it seems that he doesnt have any other ways of getting to the rim on a fast break. Players have been stripping the ball away from him at a high rate also. Thats part of the reason why he has been struggling. Its either a 3pointer or euro layup , those shots are 90% of his game. Short sighted my ass lol. these turnovers have been happeneing all season

rolyat93 is offline Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Counting down.. 2 years until he's the best SG in the game. Maybe less.

HeWhoIsLunchbox is online now Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
HeWhoIsLunchbox
Contributing Member
HeWhoIsLunchbox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHeWhoIsLunchbox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33906
Quote:
knicks game was all freethrows actually if i remember
You don't remember. 17 points from the field, 16 points from the FT line.

And in reference to your previous post, his eurostep is one of the best in the league. It's gotten him easy looks at the basket (he's been missing more than he should) and is a big reason why he's one of the league leaders in FTs attempted.

J Sizzle is offline Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
J Sizzle
Quote:
maybe you dont have CSN like it do but that weak move is why he is almost toping the team in turnovers. Its predictable and it seems that he doesnt have any other ways of getting to the rim on a fast break. Players have been stripping the ball away from him at a high rate also. Thats part of the reason why he has been struggling. Its either a 3pointer or euro layup , those shots are 90% of his game. Short sighted my ass lol. these turnovers have been happeneing all season
I do have CSN. I watch every game.

And while I agree with you that he uses the euro step to a fault at times, to say it needs to go is incredibly misguided. It's his best move, and it has lead to much success for him.

He needs another move obviously, and he will get it. But to say he needs to get rid of his go to move is just not wise. He definitely needs to tone it down and maybe settle for some short jumpers or floaters, but it's not like his euro step is failing epically every time.

Dude is 23...he'll get better, get more moves, cut down turnovers, etc.