Notices

Page 2 of 5
1 234 »

Tags:  eagles, football, houston texans, nfl Tags
leroy is offline Old 11-27-2012, 05:16 PM
    Reply With Quote   #21
leroy
Contributing Member
leroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5178
If he clears and he wants to, I'd absolutely take a chance on him.

Sponsored Link
Scolalist is offline Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 PM
    Reply With Quote   #22
Scolalist
Scolalist is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodScolalist is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46736
This would be a huge pickup with Reed out for most of the regular season.

KingStevo10 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 05:53 PM
    Reply With Quote   #23
KingStevo10
KingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42982
Yup I would love to have him just not off the waiver wire

good thing were probably one of the last teams with a shot at him on the waiver wire so if he gets passed the waiver wire hopefully we can get him for relatively cheap.

weslinder is offline Old 11-27-2012, 06:16 PM
    Reply With Quote   #24
weslinder
Contributing Member
weslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18282
Jason Babin is the definition of a one-trick pony. He has lived by the motto "sacks gets stacks" to the point of being a complete liability on the field in any situation where he's expected to do anything else. You could put Bryan Brahman in and sic him on the quarterback and do more damage than Babin could. No thanks.

Guys, this is not a reliable journalistic source. Hold off on the torches and pitchforks. Who the hell even is Jeff Balke? Never heard of him. Houstonpress.com is also just a blog, not a credible source.

TheRealist137 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 PM
    Reply With Quote   #25
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
Wouldn't want him, his ego would hurt the team.

emjohn is offline Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
    Reply With Quote   #26
emjohn
Contributing Member
emjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6332
I also would be surprised if a team claimed him off waivers. Half the league is out of the hunt. The top dogs are mostly capped out.

I could see Tampa Bay pulling the trigger, Seahawks as well. Bengals are the other possibility. All 3 have cap space (I believe - the NFL finances are always tough for me to track accurately) and all 3 are bubble teams at the moment.

If he clears waivers, the other aspect to consider is that he would naturally want to start. If we took him, we'd probably want him as a situational pass rusher, which few players like to hear.

Of course, given how ineffective our pass rush has been at the OLB spot, it's possible that we might be one of the more interested parties out there. Atlanta is set with their 4-3 ends. Ditto the Giants. Pack don't need him with Matthews there. Chicago, Colts, and 49ers are covered. Baltimore's a possibility (Upshaw's spot). So are the Patriots (Jones).

But this is a 26 tackle, 5.5 sack guy (season) we're talking about. Not an All-Pro (this year).

I'd definitely try him out if he clears waivers.

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.”

ROXRAN is offline Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM
    Reply With Quote   #27
ROXRAN
Contributing Member
ROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2000
Member: #1945
I would be interested,..pass rush from the OLB position is everything...

Summer Song Giver is offline Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 PM
    Reply With Quote   #28
Summer Song Giver
Summer Song Giver is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSummer Song Giver is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSummer Song Giver is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSummer Song Giver is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1889
Noone will claim him, his price is too high, I'd like to have him for the minimum for passing downs.

"And thats why this franchise has failed since it's inception.
Fearless franchises have the true success in sports. "The Texan way", whatever that is, simply hasn't cut it.
Time for this this organization to grow a pair.
Biggest mistake thus far is them passing on Peyton Manning because "we have Matt Schaub" lol what a joke.
It doesn't make me less of a fan because I'm sick of ineptitude."

davidio840 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
    Reply With Quote   #29
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46697
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXRAN View Post
I would be interested,..pass rush from the OLB position is everything...
Plug Mercilus in for that. If anything Braman would also fit into that spot. No need for this guy unless we get him in here for the rest of the year for nothing and then let him go when the year is over.

jev5555 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 PM
    Reply With Quote   #30
jev5555
Contributing Member
jev5555 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjev5555 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7391
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidio840 View Post
Plug Mercilus in for that. If anything Braman would also fit into that spot. No need for this guy unless we get him in here for the rest of the year for nothing and then let him go when the year is over.
That would be the plan. No way Texans pluck him from the waver wire. We need depth in case we lose another OLB. And we need to find new ways to generate a pass rush that simply isn't there outside of Watt and Corner Blitzing.

rsx_htown is offline Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM
    Reply With Quote   #31
rsx_htown
Contributing Member
rsx_htown is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2005
Member: #16323
I bet the pats get him

rezdawg is offline Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
    Reply With Quote   #32
rezdawg
Contributing Member
rezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1294
Im totally down...our OLBs have sucked this season as far as pass rush is concerned, even though Watt gets double and triple teamed. Completely inexcusable.

We need some help getting to the QB.

Relentless is offline Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 PM
    Reply With Quote   #33
Relentless
Relentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47992
You guys talk about the money, it's 1.64 million left in salary for the season.

That is a chunk when there's only 5 games left.

MykTek is offline Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 PM
    Reply With Quote   #34
MykTek
MykTek is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1655
I doubt the Texans will pick him up.... I remember reading that Kubiak never gave him a chance and released him and he was bitter about it.....

vinsensual is offline Old 11-28-2012, 01:47 AM
    Reply With Quote   #35
vinsensual
vinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35439
NE had one of their DE's suspended for 4 games, and Chandler Jones has ankle issues. BB won't have a problem coaching any personality if he can find a use for them on the field. I'd throw a low offer just to keep him off the rosters of another contender.

I hate to be a Babin apologist, but there's plenty of reasons why he sucked in Philly this year. They rotated all their DL, and neither he nor Trent Cole saw more than 70% of the snaps on a given week. This defense saw the kind of implosion on Castillo that was reminiscent of Wade's last year in Dallas.

Uprising is offline Old 11-28-2012, 01:58 AM
    Reply With Quote   #36
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2086
Ofcourse.

Clutchfans STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics80 View Post
Lin > Harden

Commodore is online now Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 AM
    Reply With Quote   #37
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
we'll know by around 3pm CST if he cleared waivers

DonnyMost is offline Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 AM
    Reply With Quote   #38
DonnyMost
Contributing Member
DonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonnyMost is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 2003
Member: #12152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
we'll know by around 3pm CST if he cleared waivers
He's going to clear waivers, barring some owner/GM losing his mind by picking up that contract.

It's probably going to come down to who throws the most money at him after that. I don't think the Texans will. But Uncle Bob may be in Super Bowl or bust mode, so who knows.

Commodore is online now Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM
    Reply With Quote   #39
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
I have a sinking feeling the Pats will get him, just in time for our MNF game.

They are predatory like that.

MIAGI99 is offline Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 AM
    Reply With Quote   #40
MIAGI99
MIAGI99 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32662
Exactly, with Reed and Cushing out and Barwin having the year he's having I'd definitely try him out at the least to see if he's the right fit. I know he's having a down year but change of scenery, back on his old team, and a winning situation will motivate anyone.

Page 2 of 5
1 234 »