ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Sports > Football: NFL, College, High School

Eagles cut Jason Babin. Place Desean Jackson on IR
Tags:  2012, eagles, football, lol, twitter Tags
rolyat93 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Lol @ Babin, I was never a fan of his.

Sponsored Link
Rip Van Rocket is online now Old 11-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Rip Van Rocket
Contributing Member
Rip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2002
Member: #4070
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Lol @ Babin, I was never a fan of his.

I was never a fan of Babin either, especially with the way he played when he was here. However, could the Texans pick him up if they need a player.

Blake is online now Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Blake
Contributing Member
Blake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11706
Wide 9 player. Totally useless besides that and often never even had a tackle

juicystream is offline Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Wide 9 player. Totally useless besides that and often never even had a tackle
They didn't run the Wide 9 in Nashville.

I continue to laugh at the decision to fire Juan Castillo this year. Not that he should have ever had that job, but a decent D has gone into the crapper since.

A_3PO is online now Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
A_3PO
A_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17945
Babin played hard just long enough to get a contact from the Eagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:
[Chris] Paul will flop maybe once or twice a game

ItsMyFault is offline Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
ItsMyFault
Contributing Member
ItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36216
Good... DeSean Jackson didn't do **** for my fantasy team anyway.

Lil Pun is offline Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Lil Pun
Contributing Member
Lil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #827
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicystream View Post
They didn't run the Wide 9 in Nashville.

I continue to laugh at the decision to fire Juan Castillo this year. Not that he should have ever had that job, but a decent D has gone into the crapper since.
They did run the wide 9 in Nashville. Washburn, the defensive line coach who came over from Tennessee, instituted it there, he was the one who instituted it in Philadelphia and Babin was successful in both. The Eagles caught flack last season because they didn't pick up Stephen Tulloch, a linebacker who played in Tennessee under that system and went to a similar system in Detroit.

juicystream is offline Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pun View Post
They did run the wide 9 in Nashville. Washburn, the defensive line coach who came over from Tennessee, instituted it there, he was the one who instituted it in Philadelphia and Babin was successful in both. The Eagles caught flack last season because they didn't pick up Stephen Tulloch, a linebacker who played in Tennessee under that system and went to a similar system in Detroit.
I guess they didn't discuss it as much with the Titans. They made such a big deal about it with the Eagles.

vinsensual is offline Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
vinsensual
vinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35439
Babin should recognize that this is his last chance to impress for a large contract.

Quote:
It's water under the bridge but did they hire Castillo because he would submit to running the wide 9? An established DC would want to incorporate their own DL approach. Though I thought it was weird that Wade Phillips kept Kollar.

DonkeyMagic is offline Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
DonkeyMagic
Contributing Member
DonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDonkeyMagic is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 2006
Member: #18051
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
i can relate. Every week I kept playing him thinking he was going to blow up sooner or later.

Pete the Cheat is offline Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
Pete the Cheat
Pete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMagic View Post
i can relate. Every week I kept playing him thinking he was going to blow up sooner or later.
that was me all of last year...

he has never been the same since the Dunta concussion

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both

I haven't died. Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken

A_3PO is online now Old 11-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
A_3PO
A_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Lil Pun, did Babin "quit" on the Eagles as alleged?

Quote:
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:

rolyat93 is offline Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #13
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852

david_rocket is offline Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #14
david_rocket
david_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #14005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Agreed.

Now I can drop him without worrying if he is going to have a good game, the minute I dropped him.

GO TEXANS!!!

Lil Pun is offline Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #15
Lil Pun
Contributing Member
Lil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicystream View Post
I guess they didn't discuss it as much with the Titans. They made such a big deal about it with the Eagles.
I think more attention was paid to the Eagles due to the expectations surrounding the team. The scheme worked, as far as getting pressure last year as they led the league in sacks and pressuring the QB. This year it has been more than awful.

Also, the Eagles have gotten gashed by the scheme. In order to run it, you have to have capable linebackers and safeties because they control those running lanes. Ryans is a huge step up in that department but the other linebackers drop off after him. Allen has been unable to remain healthy and sometimes I wonder if Coleman should be allowed to wear a NFL uniform.

Lil Pun is offline Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
Lil Pun
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_3PO View Post
Lil Pun, did Babin "quit" on the Eagles as alleged?
Who made that claim?

A_3PO is online now Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #17
A_3PO
Quote:
Who made that claim?
Heard it in passing on ESPN. Wasn't able to figure out who was saying it.

Quote:
Quote: