ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Should the Rockets make a play for LaMarcus Aldridge?
Tags:  basketball, daryl morey, houston, houston rockets, josh smith, lamarcus aldridge, moving, nba, portland, trade Tags
GreatOne1978 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
GreatOne1978
GreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46641
Nothing concrete but just an opinion piece that Aldrdige should be moved up in POR

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingdw...43&feedID=8351

Sponsored Link
Blurr#7 is online now Old 11-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Blurr#7
Contributing Member
Blurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28751
A major HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

teebone21 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
teebone21
teebone21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49861
Lmao plays just like Patterson with a more consistent jumpshot

TracyMacAddidas is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
TracyMacAddidas
Contributing Member
TracyMacAddidas is James Harden -- racking up the pointsTracyMacAddidas is James Harden -- racking up the pointsTracyMacAddidas is James Harden -- racking up the pointsTracyMacAddidas is James Harden -- racking up the pointsTracyMacAddidas is James Harden -- racking up the pointsTracyMacAddidas is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36136
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebone21 View Post
You just compared Patrick Patterson to Lamarcus Alridge....

R.I.P. LandlordLandry

JayGoogle is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Quote:
Well...that's a lot.

Any ways I can see what you are getting at with similar playstyles...but LA is more aggressive and is just more skilled.

Nook is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Nook
Nook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemNook is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32535
No.... He is another good but not great player. To get LA would mean moving almost all our key parts other than Harden. If Yao and TMac couldn't get it done, then no way LA and Harden do.

Only exception would be to get him as a free agent (hypothetical) and keep Lin, Asik and Chandler.

713 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2011
Member: #48858
LA is a third wheel option. Not a primary or secondary on a championship caliber team. He's like rich man's scola. All offense no defense.

underrated015 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
underrated015
underrated015 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35218
lamarcus is a very good player. other than harden and asik, i would tell portland to pick the players. he's still young and is no patrick patterson

HMMMHMM is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyMacAddidas View Post
You just compared Patrick Patterson to Lamarcus Alridge....
Well, Patterson does play like a lesser Aldridge. LMA just does everything a little better.

I agree with the writer that Aldridge is not a number one option and the writers comments about Aldridge's defense and soft play are fair as well. His back issue may be something to keep an eye on as well.
The All-Star argument is a little silly, though.

I agree that the Blazers would be smart to sell high on Aldridge now, if they indeed could get a couple of young and promising players and picks for him.

I'm not sure if I'd make a play for him if I'm the Rockets. I guess you do, because him and Harden might be enough for one of the true elite (Paul, Howard) to consider the Rockets in next year's FA.
The counter argument would be that while Aldridge is very good, he's nowhere near the level of the cream of the crop (LeBron, Durant, CP3, Howard, ...) and him paired with only Harden ultimately probably isn't going to cut it.
Then again, there aren't a whole lot of those guys, so you might as well go for a top-20 player when you have the chance to do so.

dmoneybangbang is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
dmoneybangbang
dmoneybangbang is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2012
Member: #50835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook View Post
No.... He is another good but not great player. To get LA would mean moving almost all our key parts other than Harden. If Yao and TMac couldn't get it done, then no way LA and Harden do.

Only exception would be to get him as a free agent (hypothetical) and keep Lin, Asik and Chandler.
Uhh.... Yao and TMAC is a little bit different considering the injuries.

But an Aldridge/Asik front court would be very scary.

Z-Ro&Trae is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
Z-Ro&Trae
Z-Ro&Trae is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43495
Rockets are attracted to injury prone players. Lamarcus Aldridge is playing with a sore back.

MambaJoe is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43157
Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated015 View Post
lamarcus is a very good player. other than harden and asik, i would tell portland to pick the players. he's still young and is no patrick patterson
I think right now, Harden, Asik and Parsons should be the untouchable players on this team.

Asik is one of the best defensive center in the NBA today, and Parsons is quickly becoming one of the best players from class of 2011. Right now, the Rockets main core should be Harden, Asik, and Parsons. As much of an impact Lin has, I still think there needs to be an upgrade at some point. Who knows, maybe he will improve later on. But right now, the Rockets needs improvement at the 4 spot.

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

zcity is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
zcity
Contributing Member
zcity is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5117
Duh !!

MourningWood is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
MourningWood
Contributing Member
MourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43687
Wait for **** to hit the fan in Sacramento, and pry Cousins from a disgruntled front office looking to put together a young, marketable core for an impending move to Seattle.

Lin & TJ would be at the top of Petrie's wishlist.

Dei is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
I'd trade them a combination of Jones, Patterson, White, and Morris. I wouldn't trade Motiejunas for him.

treyk3 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
treyk3
Contributing Member
treyk3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodtreyk3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32002
I would trade anyone on our team not named Harden for him.

I think Patterson, DMo and Jones would get it done if we threw in a few picks as well.

LMA is a top 5 player at his position and would be a perfect complementary player next to Harden.

Lin
Harden
Parsons
LMA
Asik

In my opinion thats a guaranteed playoff team this year and something that could blossom into a contender.

jank1434 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
jank1434
Contributing Member
jank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43799
This guy is number 1 on the "realistic" acquisition depth chart.

flamingdts is online now Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
Trade for Aldridge, now we have an attractive destination for future F.A. Someone to combo with Harden and Aldridge.

In comes Dwight.

jayhow92 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #19
jayhow92
jayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48093
Quote:
Lol fail.

sammy is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #20
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
No freakin way that we land LA without giving up Parson and/or Asik.