ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Remember when the Rockets signed Asik to an offer sheet instead of Hibbert?
Tags:  basketball, chicago, defense, houston rockets, jeremy lin, nba Tags
meh is offline Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
That is looking like a genius move so far. Hibbert's been sucking at a level even Jeremy Lin's not reaching. Max $14mil/yr contract producing 9.8ppg/8.7rpg/3.1bpg on worse-than-Asik shooting of 38%. Even Jeremy Lin laugh at his abysmal 40TS%.

Obviously, it's too early to judge him, and his defense has been incredibly stellar. But man for a guy everyone pegged to be the next big center, the guy's looking like the next (Chicago version) Asik.

Sponsored Link
rokit is offline Old 11-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
rokit
rokit is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52835
lin never was a good shooter to start with...it's just becoming more obvious now that he's forced to play more off the ball.

but whats up with hibbert? haven't seen any pacers games this season,but his shooting chart looks terrible. http://twitpic.com/bgp0r0

RV6 is offline Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Don't make this a Lin thread...

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

DudeWah is offline Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
DudeWah
Contributing Member
DudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDudeWah is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26035
Indiana as a whole seems to have regressed quite a bit since last year.

Hibbert is a big part of that. Dude is under performing at fail levels.

LCAhmed is offline Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
LCAhmed
Contributing Member
LCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44232
Granger is a big difference maker. Granger is Batman, George/Hibbert are his Robins.

meh is offline Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
Don't make this a Lin thread...
It was the comparison I could think of off the top of my head. I mean, anyone else with a big contract shooting that pathetically? It's pretty weird how he's regressed despite his age. You'd think he'd take the next step up like Asik has done.

J Sizzle is offline Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
I have no doubt Hibbert will turn it around.

However....doubtful he ever lives up to a true max worthy player.

DonkeyMagic is offline Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
DonkeyMagic
Contributing Member
DonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #18051
hey...remember that time...

BONIERO1576 is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
BONIERO1576
BONIERO1576 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9888
We'll actually be getting a bargain in year 3 and 4 when his contract balloons to 9 million. If you compare his output so far to DeAndre Jordan, Nene, or Hibbert the guy has been fantastic (so far). But 7 footers are always overpaid in this league. There are still 25 teams that would take Hibbert at his current contract in a second.

Houst0ne is online now Old 11-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
Houst0ne
Houst0ne is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #43931
Hibbert just posted a Triple Double a few games ago 10 points 11 blocks 11 rebs with 2 stls 1 ast...Hes not shooting well but hes contributing in other ways

^^^ Horrid

Quote:
But perhaps Daryl Morey’s greatest move was when Daryl Morey locked up Daryl Morey to a long-term extension before Daryl Morey got Dwight Howard. Typical buy low Daryl Morey move and now Daryl Morey is stuck on a below market deal.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houst0ne View Post
Hibbert just posted a Triple Double a few games ago 10 points 11 blocks 11 rebs with 2 stls 1 ast...Hes not shooting well but hes contributing in other ways
...much like Jeremy Lin.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

Houst0ne is online now Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
Houst0ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
...much like Jeremy Lin.
I dont know about that

^^^ Horrid

Quote:
But perhaps Daryl Morey’s greatest move was when Daryl Morey locked up Daryl Morey to a long-term extension before Daryl Morey got Dwight Howard. Typical buy low Daryl Morey move and now Daryl Morey is stuck on a below market deal.

BigBird is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060

DonatasFanboy is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #50323
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
That is looking like a genius move so far. Hibbert's been sucking at a level even Jeremy Lin's not reaching. Max $14mil/yr contract producing 9.8ppg/8.7rpg/3.1bpg on worse-than-Asik shooting of 38%. Even Jeremy Lin laugh at his abysmal 40TS%.

Obviously, it's too early to judge him, and his defense has been incredibly stellar. But man for a guy everyone pegged to be the next big center, the guy's looking like the next (Chicago version) Asik.
only the Houston fans. That wasn't the popular opinion among the Pacers fans, at all (at the time of the signing).

I never take an easy path. Easy paths are for quoters. - Donatas Motiejunas

DonatasFanboy is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #50323
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
It was the comparison I could think of off the top of my head. I mean, anyone else with a big contract shooting that pathetically? It's pretty weird how he's regressed despite his age. You'd think he'd take the next step up like Asik has done.
Lin-size "big"? Ilyasova is the champ then.

I never take an easy path. Easy paths are for quoters. - Donatas Motiejunas

GanjaRocket is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
GanjaRocket
GanjaRocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineGanjaRocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineGanjaRocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52942
i drafted ilyasova thinking he'd be a 15 and 7 guy...

just dropped him. waste of a high draft pick

Houst0ne is online now Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
Houst0ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaRocket View Post
i drafted ilyasova thinking he'd be a 15 and 7 guy...

just dropped him. waste of a high draft pick
Yeah i avoided ilyasova to many ballhanders on the bucks...I drafted Hibbert tho hes been disappointing shooting wise but im 4-0 in fantasy basketball cant complain

^^^ Horrid

Quote:

haoafu is online now Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
haoafu
Contributing Member
haoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodhaoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houst0ne View Post
I dont know about that
I think he maybe refering to Lin's Atlanta game with almost triple double(something like 20 pts, 10 rebs and 7 assists).

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Time to buy low on Hibbert.

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Yeah, Hibbert will improve. Georgetown centers are quality, and it's just a matter of time before the stats catch up to the skill.