ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Motion for Jeremy Lin political party quashed
Tags:  2012, basketball, houston rockets, jeremy lin, nba, politics, president, rejected, taiwan Tags
James Gabriel is offline Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
James Gabriel
James Gabriel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJames Gabriel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJames Gabriel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28808
Please lock/merge if posted.

"TAIWAN, The Ministry of the Interior recently rejected an application for the establishment of a political party named after NBA sensation Jeremy Lin, saying that using someone’s name as the title of a political party runs counter to the common practices of democratic politics and violates the Civil Code."

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../26/2003548652

Wow, JL for President?

Sponsored Link
DonatasFanboy is offline Old 11-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50323
The Jeremy Lin Party, the Taiwan Pirate Party, the Chinese Youth Party, the Youth China Party and the China Middle and Youth Party.
Hah, that's pretty awesome.

I never take an easy path. Easy paths are for quoters. - Donatas Motiejunas

AroundTheWorld is offline Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
AroundTheWorld
Contributing Member
AroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1115
They could probably get enough votes from the Lin fans on this forum alone .

comment removed

OCCUPY UNSORTED!
KEEP UNSORTED ALIVE!

kastuul is offline Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
kastuul
kastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51938
Taiwanese fans are idiots.
Lin is American.

BigBird is offline Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
I used to think it would be cool to be famous and have a devoted following. Now I think it's just plain creepy and dangerous. I wouldn't want any of these crazy fans near me or my family.

Perhaps the reason why Lin is shooting so badly is because he's paranoid and constantly on edge worrying that at any minute some deranged fan is gonna pop out of his laundry basket. I heard he's taken to sleeping with a night light and has hired private security.

I mean, at this rate, the poor guy's gonna come home one day to find half the Taiwanese parliament sniffing his drawers or something weird like that.

Last edited by Aruba77; 11-26-2012 at 08:49 AM.

ashiin is offline Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
ashiin
ashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastuul View Post
Taiwanese fans are idiots.
Lin is American.
Yeap. I think it was alright for fans to go nuts before but this is way overboard. One of the times where I feel ashamed to be Taiwanese

cytrynowa is offline Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
cytrynowa
cytrynowa is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52863
Just seems like a weird publicity stunt -- to get attention for their cause?

txtodd is offline Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
txtodd
txtodd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodtxtodd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30386
Now he'll have to run as a third scorer party?

y2Joem is offline Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
y2Joem
y2Joem is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #42384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba77 View Post
I used to think it would be cool to be famous and have a devoted following. Now I think it's just plain creepy and dangerous. I wouldn't want any of these crazy fans near me or my family.

Perhaps the reason why Lin is shooting so badly is because he's paranoid and constantly on edge worrying that at any minute some deranged fan is gonna pop out of his laundry basket. I heard he's taken to sleeping with a night light and has hired private security.

I mean, at this rate, the poor guy's gonna come home one day to find half the Taiwanese parliament sniffing his drawers or something weird like that.
and i thought the three indian dudes were creepy enough in stalking Yao

AdrenaLINe is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
AdrenaLINe
Rookie
AdrenaLINe is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51680
this needs to go in Garm

After the Rockets couldn't work it out with Lowry and Dragic, what other point guard was on the market?

NotInMyHouse is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2Joem View Post
and i thought the three indian dudes were creepy enough in stalking Yao
Hmm, oh yeah those guys. I wonder how long until we see a redux with Jeremy and his parents. You know this is going to happen it is just a matter of when.

don grahamleone is offline Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
don grahamleone
Contributing Member
don grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3034
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenaLINe View Post
this needs to go in Garm
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtodd View Post
Now he'll have to run as a third scorer party?
Agree with the move bc of this ^^. Clearly a Rockets basketball discussion now.