ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
DuBose: Rockets-Blazers: Behind the numbers

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

DeMarcus Cousins?
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, demarcus cousins, james harden, maxwell, nba, trade Tags
a2z is offline Old 11-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
a2z
a2z is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26884
Hey guys, first time poster here. I've been reading clutchfans for a couple of years now.

I wanted to get y'alls opinion on DeMarcus Cousins? I understand he's a head-case but don't we kinda need someone like that on a team? A la Rodman, World Peace, Maxwell, Rasheed, etc. Also, we know big men take longer to develop and his ceiling is through the roof. I believe working with McHale (eventually) could do wonders for him. I would trade anyone but Harden for him, what do you guys think?

Feel free to merge or lock as you feel necessary.

Thanks

Sponsored Link
a2z is offline Old 11-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
a2z
a2z is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26884
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2z View Post
Hey guys, first time poster here. I've been reading clutchfans for a couple of years now.

I wanted to get y'alls opinion on DeMarcus Cousins? I understand he's a head-case but don't we kinda need someone like that on a team? A la Rodman, World Peace, Maxwell, Rasheed, etc. Also, we know big men take longer to develop and his ceiling is through the roof. I believe working with McHale (eventually) could do wonders for him. I would trade anyone but Harden for him, what do you guys think?

Feel free to merge or lock as you feel necessary.

Thanks
I forgot to add, how do you think he'd fit with Asik and the team's general direction?

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38284
You must not read enough clutchfans if you are asking our opinions on Cousins.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Uh....from my understanding CF does not like Cousins.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

SuperLintendo7 is offline Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
SuperLintendo7
Rookie
SuperLintendo7 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52571
i wanna make a thread tooo!1

Jontro is offline Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #6
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
Would trade Harden + DMo for Cousins.

You heard it here on Clutchfans!

OremLK is offline Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontro View Post

That would be a laughably terrible trade. Harden is already a better player than Cousins will ever be, and D-Mo's ceiling is not far from Cousins'.

I would offer Jones and D-Mo for Cousins, or one of those two + a first rounder. That's about it. Cousins has regressed a bit so far this year instead of improving, and he still has attitude problems.

J Sizzle is offline Old 11-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontro View Post

Well let's just hope you never become the Rockets GM.

Or any GM for that matter.

Alvin Choo is offline Old 11-26-2012, 02:21 AM   #9
Alvin Choo
Alvin Choo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2007
Member: #25032
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sizzle View Post
Well let's just hope you never become the Rockets GM.

Or any GM for that matter.
I hope his the GM instead of Riley at Heat and will trade Lebron for Royce White.

atomicanderz is offline Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #10
atomicanderz
atomicanderz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodatomicanderz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44905
Whether the board likes Cousins or not is probably a non-issue, but the only important point is we have little to no shot of acquiring him.

"This may sound morbid and mean, but I'll choke a baby if we get another pick 14! I swear it!" - Dubwerth

meh is offline Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
That would be a laughably terrible trade. Harden is already a better player than Cousins will ever be, and D-Mo's ceiling is not far from Cousins'.

I would offer Jones and D-Mo for Cousins, or one of those two + a first rounder. That's about it. Cousins has regressed a bit so far this year instead of improving, and he still has attitude problems.
I'm pretty sure he's sarcastic. Clutchfans LOVE Cousins. Every time he has a little episode in Sacramento, a thread would pop up about whether or not they'd trade him. Also, the Rockets front office has always loved Cousins, even with all his ridiculously immature attitude.

Kind of interesting, but if for some reason the Rockets do get Cousins, it would certainly complete the entire Pistons 2.0 roster. Asik as Ben Wallace, Cousins as Rasheed Wallace, Parsons as Prince, Harden/Lin as Hamilton/Billups. Heck, we even have a Euro 7-footer on the bench to act as the next Darko(but hopefully better version).

babyface44 is offline Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #12
babyface44
babyface44 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2011
Member: #49425
We already have a head case on the team with Royce White.

Xbox Live: jotbabyface
PS3: jotbabyface

Come get your feelings hurt on Madden...Sucka

OlajuwonFan81 is offline Old 11-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
OlajuwonFan81
OlajuwonFan81 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineOlajuwonFan81 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineOlajuwonFan81 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34755
Demarcus cousins is overhyped. I for one am not a fan.

I trade 4 or sign Dwight Howard all day. Everyday.

Commodore is offline Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
if Morey wants him, so do I, simple as that

Classic is offline Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
Classic
Classic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29455
When does the rookie contract expire? Another 2 years? Morey's all about the S&T

713 is offline Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2011
Member: #48858
Cousins is a beast on 2k13. Unstoppable in the post.

Marsarinian is offline Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #17
Marsarinian
Contributing Member
Marsarinian is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMarsarinian is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMarsarinian is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLintendo7 View Post
i wanna make a thread tooo!1

Last edited by Marsarinian; 11-26-2012 at 09:41 AM.

LCAhmed is offline Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #18
LCAhmed
Contributing Member
LCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44232
Cousins is 50/50 on clutchfans.

I personally would love to have the guy if he could play consistent. Wouldn't trade the farm for him though.

eman is offline Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
eman
Contributing Member
eman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodeman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5302
He really would benefit financially if he'd learn how to keep his cool. Instead, he acts a fool. I'd rather grow from within, with Patterson/TJ/Moti/Smith competing for minutes at the 4/backup 5, than invest in a talented knucklehead.

713 is offline Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2011
Member: #48858
watch Cousins get traded straight up for pau gasol. gahhhhh