ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Kevin McHale's daughter Sasha has passed away
Tags:  houston rockets, kevin mchale Tags
redhotrox is offline Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021
UPDATE: Statement from Rockets owner Les Alexander:

Quote:
I extend my deepest condolences to Kevin and Lynn for the loss of their beautiful daughter, Sasha, on Saturday afternoon. Kevin and Lynn are loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time. Our entire organization is mourning the McHale family’s loss and we ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

UPDATE: Sadly, this has been confirmed.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/180745441.html

Quote:
My deepest sympathies and heartfelt prayers go out to Kevin McHale and his family on the passing of daugher Sasha on Saturday.

McHale, the longtime Wolves executive and head coach, has been on leave from his job as Houston's coach to be with Sasha as she battled the auto-immune disease lupus.

Please remember Kevin and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

I didn't wanna start a thread on this until it was 100% confirmed, but it sounds like McHale's daughter passed away today...

Sponsored Link
redhotrox is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
(Darren Wolfson covers sports in Minnesota)

durvasa is online now Old 11-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotrox View Post
I didn't wanna start a thread on this until it was 100% confirmed, but it sounds like McHale's daughter passed away today...
Wow, my sincere condolences to Kevin McHale and his family.

nono is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
nono
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51885
Feel sad for McHale. Must have been a really hard week for him.

y2Joem is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
y2Joem
y2Joem is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2009
Member: #42384
what a sad day, condolence coach mchale, i feel your pain

Patience is online now Old 11-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
Patience
Contributing Member
Patience is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPatience is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPatience is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPatience is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3684
Condolences to the McHale family. Very sad news.

larsv8 is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
larsv8
Contributing Member
larsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28004
Poor guy!!!

Morey is smarter, more aggressive and actually gets big stars that he didn't draft. The odds are against us now. Our FO just doesn't compare to theirs. We can beat them in the draft but the Bulls have never traded for a player as good as Harden or signed a player as good as Howard.

roxxy is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
Oh no! That is the worst. Ughhh this is depressing.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

mirus is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
mirus
mirus is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52119
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
Wow, my sincere condolences to Kevin McHale and his family.
Via FB

Minnesota Score Magazine
about an hour ago
Condolences to Kevin McHale's family today...McHale's 22 year old daughter (Sasha) reportedly has died.

http://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaScore

My condolences for McHale & his family too.

shortfuse3 is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
shortfuse3
shortfuse3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodshortfuse3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33297
holy ****in crap. so sad.

TheresTheDagger is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #11
TheresTheDagger
TheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2010
Member: #46202
Just awful if true. I'll hold out hope till I hear from the Rockets for Kevin's sake.

Regardless, everyone should say a prayer (or send some good thoughts) Kevin's way as I will most certainly do.

DreamShook is online now Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
DreamShook
DreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
Ah damn... Does anyone know what her condition was? You never want to hear something like this...

1. disinclined or indisposed to believe in Jeremy Lin
2. indicating or showing unbelief in Jeremy Lin: a lincredulous dribble drive to the left.

Deckard is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
Deckard
Contributing Member
Deckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3612
What could possibly be worse than losing a child? My deepest sympathy for Coach McHale and his family. Just terrible news.

Raven is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #14
Raven
Raven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRaven is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
She has a twitter account.

kuku is online now Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51720
Sad and my condolences to McHale and family. RIP Sasha!

gah is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
gah
gah is Omer Asik -- working the boardsgah is Omer Asik -- working the boardsgah is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35354
Only 22, So sad. My prayers go out to her and his family.

Ricksmith is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #17
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #41990
Terrible news, I really feel for the McHale family. My mother always tells me that her biggest fear is having to bury one of her children (me or my sister). 22 is way too young to go, R.I.P.

If that really is her twitter, her last tweet was

@SashaMcHale Let's go rockets!!! #rednation #clutchcity

redhotrox is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #18
redhotrox
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
She has a twitter account.
Just heartbreaking...

Amel is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
Amel
Contributing Member
Amel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16438
Damn, that freakin sucks. I hope McHale and his family get through this. Sad seeing a young life gone...

daywalker02 is offline Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #20
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Feel for him and his family

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballholic
Well you shouldn't. Morris is an NBA player and will probably be a better NBA player for his career than Jones will. Derrick Williams is better than Morris. He was at Arizona. He is now.
D-Ho over HO Chen