ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Charlotte Pussies are clutch
Tags:  basketball, but you can't, charlotte, defense, jonny flynn, michael jordan, nba, raptors Tags
_RTM_ is offline Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
_RTM_
_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44396
You won't believe but they are 5 and 0 in games decided four or less points, they are really impressive in the last final possessions both on offense and on defense and they are in a playoff mix right now

Yes, refs gave them that W against Lowry's Raptors, but you can't ignore both MKG with winning attitude that he brings and Kemba's incredible progress, who have played worse than Jonny Flynn in his rookie season, which is nearly impossible

And they also have busts in Biyombo, Henderson and underachievers in Gordon and Haywood. And Michael Jordan as their decision maker

Damn. Maybe their new coach Mike Dunlap is for real?

He doesn't deserve to get paid for this. He is a liability and the worst coach in franchise history. And the word "coaching" is a compliment for what he is doing in Houston

Sponsored Link
knote32 is offline Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Hiring a stud GM and a stud Coach is a great start to a franchise. Drafting MKG, a WINNER, is also a great move. MJ doing well.

Krizzle is offline Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
Krizzle
Krizzle is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50411
you dont know much about the Cats lol

I wouldnt call Biyombo a bust its only like his 3d season.

Henderdsen is a a very solid nba player on good days.

There coach deserves the credit for playing like a college team and props to those players for playing as a team.

Houston Rocket Fan First, Charlotte Hornets fan Second.

Grape_Swisha281 is offline Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Grape_Swisha281
Grape_Swisha281 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50522
thread tittle shows the immaturity of poster. Congrats you said pussy on the internet.. so clever you referenced pussy's wit the bobcats such a reach

JayGoogle is offline Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Kemba was going to succeed in the NBA.

No one that talented and works that hard is going to fail. Surprised teams passed on him, dude's a winner and has been a winner in everything he does.

meh is offline Old 11-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
I'm not surprised because they're close games. If the Bobcats are 5-0 in games decided by a convincing margin, then I'd be surprised.

redwhiteone is offline Old 11-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
redwhiteone
redwhiteone is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodredwhiteone is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34532
Charlotte what? You should be man enough to say that there.

Spooner is offline Old 11-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
Spooner
Spooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSpooner is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44282
Gerald Henderson is not a bust. He's a very good defender, very efficient scorer, excellent midrange game and still very young. Dont see how you could call Biyombo a bust either for that matter...

Kemba has really turned it around though, you are right about that

Mathloom is offline Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #9
Mathloom
Contributing Member
Mathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33940
A few weeks ago I read a bunch of articles about their coach and I have to say I'm very impressed with him. If he can get some good assistants for X's and O's and trust their judgement, he is exactly the type of coach I would llike for a young team.

The fact that he has them training harder than any team in the NBA probably has their fitness levels so high that they are able to maintain their performance until the last moments of the game with no fatigue.

One thing an NBA team can always do to improve is get the roster in excellent shape. IMO that gets you a few wins and establishes a serious fitness culture. If you're young and fast and in shape and your team chooses to run and press the ball almost full court, you have yourself an excellent niche and you open up minutes to develop the 7th-10th rotation players.

Midixinormous is offline Old 11-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #10
Midixinormous
Midixinormous is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52639
I think they have been in the lottery every year since they came into the league, they have to get better sooner or later.

tehG l i d e is offline Old 11-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #11
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midixinormous View Post
I think they have been in the lottery every year since they came into the league, they have to get better sooner or later.
they made the playoffs with Gerald Wallace and S-Jax a few years ago, and were one of the best defenses that season iirc.

Jontro is offline Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #12
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
Charlotte this season is the equivalent of the Texans last year.

They will win the finals next year.