ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

James Harden is still really awesome
Tags:  awesome, basketball, houston rockets, james harden, nba Tags
meh is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Even with a bigger sample size, and defenses keying in on him, James Harden is still playing at an all-star level. This despite being on a new team with little help, and sub-standard 3pt shooting.

Still on pace to become the best shooting guard in 2-3 years.

Sponsored Link
FanOnGessner is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
FanOnGessner
FanOnGessner is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51981
I agree. He just needs some serious help.

@ITJames1990

Mr. Space City is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Mr. Space City
Mr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2009
Member: #41635
one of the very few bright spots so far this season.

aelliott is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
aelliott
Contributing Member
aelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #542
If we can surround Harden with some perimeter players that will prevent defenses from collapsing in the middle then that will open up driving lanes for Harden and allow him to get some easy hoops and to setup others.

roxallways is online now Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
roxallways
roxallways is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodroxallways is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31458
Harden is a stud. Rox have better future outlook because of him. Rox need another star level player with him but now are more likely to draw another star player with a star level player already in place. He will keep more fans watching the team this season.

roxxy is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
He played really well tonight he is adjusting well. A few bone headed decisions down the stretch but he carried us tonight.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

Clutch is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Space City View Post
one of the very few bright spots so far this season.
I must be looking at this season in a different way because I think there have been several bright spots this year.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Mr. Space City is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
Mr. Space City
Mr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
I must be looking at this season in a different way because I think there have been several bright spots this year.
harden, parsons around game, asik's defense , and morris at certain times is all that comes to mind.

i could add ppat's offensive production as well.

meh is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelliott View Post
If we can surround Harden with some perimeter players that will prevent defenses from collapsing in the middle then that will open up driving lanes for Harden and allow him to get some easy hoops and to setup others.
I think our current players are capable of doing that. Especially Jeremy Lin, who wasn't that bad at 3pt shooting(32%). And Parsons has been shooting 3s better as he plays more. And Patterson, for all the problems with rebounding, is an unusually great outside shooter for a man his size.

CisBuds4U is online now Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
CisBuds4U
CisBuds4U is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCisBuds4U is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44215
Quote:
yep agree. In addition to Harden:

Asik has suprised and proven he is a top Defensive STARTING Center and great rebounder
Parsons continues to provide leadership, and increasing his scoring + rebounding
Emergence of Terrence Jones with a bright future
Marcus Morris proving he belongs in the league
Even a shoutout to Greg Smith for showing some skills

All of these guys will continue to develop and accrue chemistry which will make their individual play that much more beneficial to the team. I think all of the aforementioned were question marks coming in--in terms of their contributions and future (for the most part..)

stylus8088 is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
stylus8088
stylus8088 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32485
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
I think our current players are capable of doing that. Especially Jeremy Lin, who wasn't that bad at 3pt shooting(32%). And Parsons has been shooting 3s better as he plays more. And Patterson, for all the problems with rebounding, is an unusually great outside shooter for a man his size.
Patterson's outside shooting shouldn't be a surprise. He's been shooting the 3-ball since he was in college when he was still teammates with Wall and Cousins.

I agree though. Pat has really improved his post game. He's got a nice hook shot and he's using some dream shakes as well.

JCDenton is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #12
JCDenton
JCDenton is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJCDenton is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25818
Quote:
They're so minor compared to the elephant in the room that people tend to forget them. Seriously, I don't think most people were predicting Linsanity 2.0, but who honestly thought Jeremy Lin would come in and make Trevor Ariza look like a value signing and an offensive juggernaut?

danoman is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #13
danoman
Contributing Member
danoman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddanoman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Space City View Post
harden, parsons around game, asik's defense , and morris at certain times is all that comes to mind.

i could add ppat's offensive production as well.
WHAT! no jeremy lin?

teebone21 is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
teebone21
teebone21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49861
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylus8088 View Post
Patterson's outside shooting shouldn't be a surprise. He's been shooting the 3-ball since he was in college when he was still teammates with Wall and Cousins.

I agree though. Pat has really improved his post game. He's got a nice hook shot and he's using some dream shakes as well.
He needs rebounding tips from Kevin love

stylus8088 is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
stylus8088
stylus8088 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32485
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebone21 View Post
He needs rebounding tips from Kevin love
Or Mchale, Asik, CD

Mr. Space City is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
Mr. Space City
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoman View Post
WHAT! no jeremy lin?
he's not shooting the ball well at all but his all around game is decent so far.

hcw128 is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #17
hcw128
hcw128 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35572
on the other hand, Lin's shooting.......

JayGoogle is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Definitely a stud, did that against a Thibs coached defense.

highlander3128 is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #19
highlander3128
highlander3128 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2008
Member: #31733
Here we go again. Lin Lin Lin .......

SC1211 is offline Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #20
SC1211
Contributing Member
SC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36568
Other impressive things:
-Asik's rebounding/defensive presence
-Chandler Parsons' rebounding and improved shooting
-Marcus Morris as a legitimate rebounding/offensive force
-Greg Smith as a great PnR man off the bench
-Terrence Jones showing the potential to be an impact rotation player

There are going to be rough patches, but this is a team that will continue to get better. Remember that we have only 2 guys that were in the rotation last year returning. This is going to be a bumpy ride, but it'll be a good one.