1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

100 Days, 100 Rejections

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DeAleck, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

As I mentioned in this thread (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229047), I have a real fear for rejection in the business settings. I looked all over the internet to find a cure for that fear, and found what's called Rejection Therapy. Basically you make one crazy request to someone everyday and expect to get rejected. The goal is to desensitize myself from the pain and fear of rejection.

I liked the idea so much that I started doing it right away, and kept a rejection therapy video blog. It has only been a few days, but it is so much fun and I feel my confidence did increase as the results. Since the idea started from here, I want to share it with you guys.

By the way, day 3, Jackie from Krispy Kreme kicked major ass. She is awesome.

http://www.entresting.com/blog/100-days-of-rejection-therapy/

#1 DeAleck, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    ramotadab, body slam, GWST11 and 9 others like this.
  2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Nice project!

The Krispy Kreme video was pretty cool - even if it wasn't a rejected request, that is some confidence booster... by a really nice person too

Keep updating this thread - I want to know how 'Rejection therapy' turns out

3. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Pretty solid so far. I am looking forward to your progress.

Going in to these, you obviously see the situations in a jokingly manner. Do you think you'd be able to translate this into a professional setting or are you hoping to supress the fear in general rather than having a different outlook on your potential requests?

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just become a:
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

5. DeAleck

Great question. I would say both. 1. I'm an entrepreneur, and you can't be an entrepreneur without the ability to make a sale. My fear of rejection needs to be conquered so it is not an obstacle for me. 2. After a few days, I feel I can also increase my negotiation ability through these settings. If I can somehow talk my way into a yes, then it's a major win as well.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

In before asian???? :confused:

Just kidding. DeAleck, please record LANDSCAPE-wise with your phone. :( Don't waste the black sides.

I think you will be more encouraged to do rejection therapy if you hope to post it here... had you no reason to show us, it might be a bit more difficult. Good luck on your "therapy", man!

Krispy Kreme stuff:
    LOL @ "Was it this way this year?" :grin:
    Why didn't you "that's what she said" the "it's going to take me longer"? ;)

Someone needs to send this video to the people of KK so they can give her a raise. I'm a fan of Krispy Kreme now...

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Could get some decent publicity out of this. Solid idea. Do it right. Get a book deal. Speak at events. And ugh, become the thing I hate most - a "life coach" - what a BS "profession".

Good stuff though.

8. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

The Krispy Kreme video was awesome!!!
    Now you need to go to Brenham and ask Blue Bell to make some outrageous flavor like Big Ass Gordita or Bulls on Parade! :grin:

Keep up the good work.

And just remember - "Yes and" opens doors.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-iTizg8Q0s4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Nice! Definitely enjoyed it. Although he should take a look at this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bt9zSfinwFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#9 AMS, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  10. DeAleck

I have a real hard time recording each encounter perfectly. Because I tried to hide my recording iphone, and couldn't look down to see if I got the person's face or not.

I am doing a blog because I want to hold myself accountable for finishing up the entire 100 days.

As for Jackie, I want her to be recognized. However, I'm hesitant to send the video to Krispy Kreme, because although she was awesome and made me very happy, she didn't charge me. I don't want her to get into trouble. Having worked in the corporate world, I know there are many jerks in power.

However, if we have more views for this video, then I will send it to KK, because the backlash would be bad if KK punishes her instead of rewards her for that.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Very cool.

As someone who worked in the dreaded customer service sector for many years, I suggest you forward that Krispy Kreme video (along with a very brief explanation of what your intent was) to Jackie's superiors and tell them that you were surprised she was so willing to help you and how this has given you such a great impression of their business.

Working in customer service sucks and those who do so and do it so well (for often very little pay) should be rewarded. I, myself, could not do it. I am too much of an *******.

As for this whole project, it sounds brilliant and is a great idea. I'll definitely be following along.

12. DeAleck

Points taken. You'll see improvements going forward.

2 people like this.
  13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I thought this was a thread about a guy asking out 100 girls in 100 days. Why not just go with that format? :grin:

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If Paulftsk or SCK pulled this off it would possibly be the best thread in CF history.

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

O snaps, didnt realize it was a CF member that did the project, guess I didnt read it all the way and just jumped to the video.

Mad Props buddy!

16. DeAleck

Not at that age anymore. I'm in an extremely blissful marriage with a cute kid. Not going to do anything to jeopardize that.

17. DeAleck

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually like the idea, although it's not implementable because 1. I live in Austin and Brenham is too far away 2. Blue Bell is not able to say 'yes' to that request. I want to come up with requests that are crazy, but the recipients have the physical ability to do it, although they probably won't because of the craziness.

Maybe what I can do is to go to an ice cream shop and ask the employee to invent a flavor on the spot by mixing the stuff they have. What do you think?

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

how about asking for sex from your wife 100 days in a row then? :grin:

19. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I'd still send it in. Krispy Kreme gives out free doughnuts like hotcakes. I don't think they'd mind.

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

this is cool, and that krispy kreme lady is awesome. almost makes me sad to see kindness like that, as weird as it sounds.