ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

A Message to The Rockets and Daryl Morey
Tags:  basketball, daryl morey, houston rockets, james harden, moving, nba Tags
Da_Spark is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Da_Spark
Da_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34364
Quoted this one from a random NBA fan who actually gets it..

"Everyone's now saying that Lin is actually just an average PG and was overrated last year. Just because he isn't putting up big numbers anymore.

But that's not because he's ****ty, but because he's not being given a chance to do his job. Which is to be the ****ing point guard. The whole offense is run through Harden, and only Harden. Lin's being used as a "pass the ball to Harden" machine instead of being given the chance to be the playmaker. He absolutely flourished in NY last year because D' Antoni's system is all about giving the PG the ball, running the pick and roll, and allowing the PG to make decisions from that point on. He's proven himself to be really good when he's actually called upon to be a ****ing point guard.

But the Rockets coaching staff are just completely missing the point of having Lin on the team. They seem to be completely infatuated with Harden and would rather watch him run iso plays all day long. During one of the last few possessions of the last game (can't remember which team it was against. The one where the Rockets had a 21 point lead at the half), the Rockets came out of a timeout in a really tight game, and the best play the coaches could draw up was to run Harden off several screens to get free, so that Lin could pass him the ball at the three point line, then the rest of the team just ****ing STOPS moving and watches Harden. No cuts, no ball movement, just WATCH HARDEN DO HIS THING NOW!

Seriously? You've got a PG who's shown to be very efficient at running the pick and roll and even DRIVING (one of his biggest strengths), but yet you just want him to pass the ball off to your SG who's heavily defended every single game and let your PG stand in the corner and watch? Lin isn't a spot up shooter, that has never been his strengths. His strengths are passing and driving, not the ****ing corner 3. Why the hell do you put him in the corner and let Harden have the ball and iso around like it's OKC?

So yes, I really agree that the Rockets' coaching staff has got to go. Or at least realise that "HEY! YOU KNOW WHAT! WE'VE ACTUALLY GOT A POINT GUARD THAT CAN PASS AND DRIVE! MAYBE WE SHOULD ****ING USE HIM!"

Sponsored Link
bibiduck is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
bibiduck
bibiduck is Royce White -- lots of promise, bad first impression
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38243
Bibiduck 7m
@dmorey stop let ur coach play racist. Give back JLin!!! Houston sucks!!! Ruined Yao and now JLin?

This is my first twitter and second one in cluthfans . I FEEL ANGRY. The coach is RACIST! I remember Yao met the same situation in his first season!

Mr. Space City is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
Mr. Space City
Mr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2009
Member: #41635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibiduck View Post
Bibiduck 7m
@dmorey stop let ur coach play racist. Give back JLin!!! Houston sucks!!! Ruined Yao and now JLin?

This is my first twitter and second one in cluthfans . I FEEL ANGRY. The coach is RACIST! I remember Yao met the same situation in his first season!
ruined yao?

rolyat93 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Bibiduck 7m

Lol, you're way too quick to pull out the race card.

JayGoogle is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #5
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Quote:
Bibiduck 7m

Wow, was your first post as bad as your second?

mike_lu is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
mike_lu
mike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16422
Hmmm ... no. At least allow someone to have made a mistake before labelling them a racist.

If you think you're a hammer, everything is going to look like nails.

linbandwagon is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
linbandwagon
linbandwagon is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoogle View Post
Wow, was your first post as bad as your second?
No one likes to pull out the race card. But there really isn't any other rational reasoning behind that joke of an OT substitution.

And dont give me the Douglas is a better defender BS.

dachuda86 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
dachuda86
dachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2008
Member: #31678
Quote:
Bibiduck 7m

JayGoogle is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Quote:
Originally Posted by linbandwagon View Post
No one likes to pull out the race card. But there really isn't any other rational reasoning behind that joke of an OT substitution.

And dont give me the Douglas is a better defender BS.
Well we've seen it from Sampson already in the heat game.

Asik was destroying that team inside...yet he sat him for like the last 5 or so minutes of that game.

dachuda86 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #10
dachuda86
dachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the points
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/announcement.php?f=9

via clutch:

As has been discussed in the feedback forum, we've had an increase of new posters and there have been some issues with unnecessary threads being created in the Rockets forum, especially after Rockets games.

Today, we have started to limit the ability for users to create new thread topics in the Rockets forum. That ability is given to users that have been registered for some time or have quickly established that they can follow guidelines of the forum. This is not personal to any account -- it was simply drawing a line based on mathematical factors.

It's not perfect at the moment, but it's a first step -- so where that line is drawn is not going to be clearly communicated right now because we're learning as we go and it's going to evolve.

New posters can quickly gain thread-starting ability in all other forums on ClutchFans as usual, but not the Rockets forum.

What we're looking for is news, respected articles and intelligent takes. That's what we ask for from veteran posters today who feel the quality of threads was slipping: Please show new users what we're looking for, and please rate those threads highly and give feedback to those posters who bring a higher quality to the forum.

If you'd like to discuss this announcement, you can do so here:
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229156

Thank you,
Clutch

DAROckets is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #11
DAROckets
Contributing Member
DAROckets is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDAROckets is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDAROckets is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDAROckets is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDAROckets is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDAROckets is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 1999
Member: #479
Quote:
Bibiduck 7m

dachuda86 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #12
dachuda86

xclearscreen is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #13
xclearscreen
Rookie
xclearscreen is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51972
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoogle View Post
Well we've seen it from Sampson already in the heat game.

Asik was destroying that team inside...yet he sat him for like the last 5 or so minutes of that game.
Asik is black

Coban Hutton is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #14
Coban Hutton
Coban Hutton is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51769
I think we should stop labelling people racist.

A person can just be incompetent without being racist.

SuperStar is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #15
SuperStar
SuperStar is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSuperStar is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29917
Quote:
Bibiduck 7m

lol you gotta be faking that you're asian because that's so stereotypical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockieGuy09
What's your obsession with brains?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFox View Post
i am a young artist men

dachuda86 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #16
dachuda86

redlawn is offline Old 11-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #17
redlawn
redlawn is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51939
The first night Coach Sampson made a reference to Patrick Patterson's rebounding I wasn't even sure if he was serious. PatPat was boxing out Zach Randolph, WHO HAPPENS TO LEAD THE LEAGUE IN REBOUNDS.

Then he said he liked what TD did against Memphis, when there were some REALLY bad turnovers.

Tonight, he benches Lin for TD's supposedly superior defense, yet he has TD switch every pick.

I wanted to give Sampson the benefit of the doubt, but after tonight, that's not coming easy. Those explanations are really coming off as bogus.

"For 20 games he was one of the best in the league and he was dominating from the headlines to even on the basketball court. So you can't discount that he'll never be able to do it, because not only did he do it, he did it at the highest level possible."

"Let a thousand flowers bloom"

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #18
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
A Massage to The Rockets and Daryl Morey

Deep tissue, shoulders and back. Cucumbers over the eyes to reduce eyestrain.

You guys deserve it. You're playing excellent basketball and doing a lot to maximize what you've got. Keep up the great work!

Billionzz is offline Old 11-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #19
Billionzz
Contributing Member
Billionzz is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBillionzz is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7389
Quote:
Bibiduck 7m

What about you, are you a racist? Why are you jumping on this american indian, do you hate american indians?

I think he has made some bad choices but to say he is racist without even knowing him is ridiculous.

Cstyle42 is online now Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #20
Cstyle42
Cstyle42 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCstyle42 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33157
Lol do what was the excuse when Lin played in preseason horribly without Harden? It was just preseason lol? That's the answer y'all Lin loving excuse makers gotta say ? Maybe Lin just needs to grow some balls and take the authority of being a point guard. If its the coach put it out in the media I mean he has leverage in Houston he is Les Alexander's new cash cow. Or may lin just doesn't have what it takes at this point to live up to all halls unrealistic expectations.