ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Who would you give up for LaMarcus Aldridge?
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, nba Tags
rocketboyz1 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
rocketboyz1
rocketboyz1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48715
Serious question....

After watching him play us the last two games I really think he is
the only missing piece to this puzzle....

WE DESPERATELY NEED A BIG LIKE HIM THAT CAN READ DEFENSES EXTREMELY WELL FROM THE BLOCK!!!.....

And to take Patterson's 4 spot as well..lol

So who would you give up......and what would be fair?????

Sponsored Link
Air Langhi is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
The only guy the Blazers would consider is harden.

tofu-- is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
Royce White.

DVauthrin is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #4
DVauthrin
Contributing Member
DVauthrin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDVauthrin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 1999
Member: #947
Anything outside of Harden, though i'd want to hang on to Asik if I could.

nono is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
nono
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51885
I would give my left nut, but sadly I don't think the Blazers would take it. He ruined us two games in a row.

J Sizzle is online now Old 11-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
Can't really think of any scenario where the Trail Blazers would give him up.

But if we're talking hypotheticals....I'd probably do some combination like DMO, Parsons, Pat, and a couple first round picks, or some variation to that general formula.

J Sizzle is online now Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sizzle View Post
Can't really think of any scenario where the Trail Blazers would give him up.

But if we're talking hypotheticals....I'd probably do some combination like DMO, Parsons, Pat, and a couple first round picks, or some variation to that general formula.
But Harden and Asik would have to be untouchable IMO

LCII is online now Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
LCII
Contributing Member
LCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20646
I'd give up all of our 019248920 PFs for him...

rocketboyz1 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
rocketboyz1
rocketboyz1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48715
I'd figure it like like this....okay LMA is young but not lilliard young...
hopefully even though they be us they get smacked around by the rest of the league then the GM mite consider a full youth movement....

Parsons, DMO, watever picks we have, p-pat, and I would hate to say it but Morris and t-jones.....then we get scrub fillers to finish the season...

starting five

lin
harden
delfino
LMA
Asik

daywalker02 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
PPat, White, Douglas, possibly Lin, Aldrich,

try keep TJones, Asik, Parsons and Mook

kinein is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
kinein
kinein is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51768
Kelvin Sampson and all the other assistant coaches that think like him and support his decision.

qetwr111 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #12
qetwr111
qetwr111 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29601
LOL at some of these proposals. Offers would have to start with Harden.

jsonic6 is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #13
jsonic6
Contributing Member
jsonic6 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39778
Morey, do what you have to do but LMA is the answer to this roster...

SkyrimOwnsAll is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #14
SkyrimOwnsAll
SkyrimOwnsAll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSkyrimOwnsAll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51815
anybody except Harden

BigBird is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #15
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060
Anybody not named James or Omer.

CCorn is online now Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #16
CCorn
Contributing Member
CCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47978
Considering he is better than every player we have, including Harden.....

Portland is not going to trade him, they have some promising young talent on that team. We wold have much more luck grabbing a PF from Utah.

Occupy Unsorted

derelic is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #17
derelic
derelic is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52809
[QUOTE=rocketboyz1;7351396]I'd figure it like like this....okay LMA is young but not lilliard young...
hopefully even though they be us they get smacked around by the rest of the league then the GM mite consider a full youth movement....

Parsons, DMO, watever picks we have, p-pat, and I would hate to say it but Morris and t-jones.....then we get scrub fillers to finish the season...

I was thinking about this trade scenario today. Lma will be 28 after next season and has an expiring contract in a couple of years when he will be turning 30 and of course will sign the max. Lillard and Batum look like fantastic players and Hickson right now is a beastly rebounder and he I s being played at the 5. Portland have a young promising center in Leonard and literally no one on the bench. It would make a ton of sense for them to move Aldridge now for a bunch of young promising players and draft picks; play hickson at his natural position (4) and play Leonard as a 5. This will only work if they re sign hickson next year and if he actually keeps putting up numbers like this. But the Rox's assets match perfectly with what Portland needs. If Leonard develops nicely I see this trade materializing next summer.

daytripper is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #18
daytripper
daytripper is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2003
Member: #12333
There is no reason for the Blazers to trade LMA. This is not an OKC/Harden situation. LMA is still fairly young and signed to a reasonable contract for the next 3 years.

Maybe Portland would consider a Shabazz type talent in return but we aren't going to win the lottery. Outside of Harden we don't have enough valuable assets to entice them to deal LMA. Josh Smith and the Utah bigs will be entering FA and are more realistic targets.

derelic is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #19
derelic
derelic is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52809
[QUOTE=rocketboyz1;7351396]I'd figure it like like this....okay LMA is young but not lilliard young...

I was thinking about this trade scenario today. Lma will be 28 after next season and has an expiring contract in a couple of years when he will be turning 30 and of course will sign the max. Lillard and Batum look like fantastic players and Hickson right now is a beastly rebounder and he I s being played at the 5. Portland have a young promising center in Leonard and literally no one on the bench. It would make a ton of sense for them to move Aldridge now for a bunch of young promising players and draft picks; play hickson at his natural position (4) and play Leonard as a 5. This will only work if they re sign hickson next year and if he actually keeps putting up numbers like this. But the Rox's assets match perfectly with what Portland needs. If Leonard develops nicely I see this trade materializing next summer.

CoolColJ is offline Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #20
CoolColJ
CoolColJ is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9122
Lin and LMA > Lin+ harden.....