ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Video] James Harden - 30 points vs Hornets (11.14.12)
Tags:  basketball, hornets, houston rockets, james harden, nba, video, youtube Tags
batkins is offline Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
batkins
Contributing Member
batkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbatkins is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20051

Sponsored Link
OremLK is offline Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
It's crazy to think he's scoring almost 27 a game while shooting 24% from three.

As a career 36.3% three point shooter.

When he stops jacking up silly contested three pointers and generally gets back to his career 3P% man... I don't even know.

Oh and before I forget, thanks a ton for the highlights, batkins, awesome work!

NateNate is offline Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #3
NateNate
NateNate is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNateNate is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31767
thanks

JayGoogle is offline Old 11-16-2012, 02:32 AM   #4
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Real Baller. Get Buckets.

flamingdts is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
It's crazy to think he's scoring almost 27 a game while shooting 24% from three.

As a career 36.3% three point shooter.

When he stops jacking up silly contested three pointers and generally gets back to his career 3P% man... I don't even know.

Oh and before I forget, thanks a ton for the highlights, batkins, awesome work!

To be fair he is facing double team pressure he has never faced before in his career.

This is the struggle everyone predicted, the question is whether he could overcome it and grow as a player.

Though he does seem to be fitting in the first option role pretty well, which is a good sign. He doesn't shy away from having all the scoring pressure placed on him (quite the stark contrast when you have Durant and Westbrook on your team).

spdngyns69 is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
spdngyns69
spdngyns69 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finespdngyns69 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35610
He plays at such a steady maintainable tempo and still drops big points. Amazing. Harden makes it look easy.

Cstyle42 is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Cstyle42
Cstyle42 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCstyle42 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33157
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingdts View Post
To be fair he is facing double team pressure he has never faced before in his career.

This is the struggle everyone predicted, the question is whether he could overcome it and grow as a player.

Though he does seem to be fitting in the first option role pretty well, which is a good sign. He doesn't shy away from having all the scoring pressure placed on him (quite the stark contrast when you have Durant and Westbrook on your team).
Exactly great point! Imagine if we didn't get him... Have you seen Jeremy Lin play lately?

OremLK is offline Old 11-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:

He's a talented guy. I'd like to see him work on that fadeaway midrange jumper a bit more for when teams are really packing the paint. He has the shooting touch for it, and it would open up his game a lot just to have that as an option when he is struggling to get into the lane.

Only 23, so I think he can add stuff like that to his arsenal.

Sajan is offline Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
Sajan
Sajan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSajan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSajan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSajan is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40363
maybe i should be thankful i don't get CSN. listening to drexler would make me want to hurt lil babies again.

spdngyns69 is offline Old 11-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
spdngyns69
spdngyns69 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finespdngyns69 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35610
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
He's a talented guy. I'd like to see him work on that fadeaway midrange jumper a bit more for when teams are really packing the paint. He has the shooting touch for it, and it would open up his game a lot just to have that as an option when he is struggling to get into the lane.

Only 23, so I think he can add stuff like that to his arsenal.
True that. I think harden is real aggressive when he steps inside the arc. he looks to drive almost everytime. He should utilize a midrange stop and pop or develop a fadeaway jumpshot to open up his attack game even more. This is actually a good thing though, to have the attack and killer instinct mentality. It's what separates him and a player like joe Johnson who looks to settle for jumpers first or reluctant to take it in strong.

RocketsMAN! is offline Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
RocketsMAN!
RocketsMAN! is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajan View Post
maybe i should be thankful i don't get CSN. listening to drexler would make me want to hurt lil babies again.
...or club baby seals?

TheGM is offline Old 11-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
TheGM
Contributing Member
TheGM is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTheGM is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #17953
Hardens younger than Lin? Damn. Doesn't seem like it.

meh is offline Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:

I don't see the dip in efficiency as a big deal. One thing fans always ignore is that your first option on the perimeter will take most of the "necessary" bad shots. Shots at the end of quarters, shots when the play breaks down, etc. Durant and especially Westbrook took most of these shots in OKC. Harden is now taking these shots. And you can't fault him for taking them.

I expect his shooting percentage to shoot back up to the ~.600TS% range if and when the Rockets find another impact scorer to take some heat off of Harden.

dje243 is offline Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #14
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
Omer highlights please! Oh and morris too

lfw is offline Old 11-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
lfw
Rookie
lfw is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52834
Nice! Even though Harden still has to create a lot of shots for himself, you can see some of the plays to get him open are starting to be executed better.

BraveFox is offline Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
BraveFox
BraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #52628
harden is now averaging 26.4 pts and is the leading NBA scorer..... he shares the first position with kobe bryant....

BraveFox is offline Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
BraveFox
BraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Originally Posted by batkins View Post

1:20 one of the best moments... he gives up 3 and goes for drive and 2

Convictedstupid is offline Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #18
Convictedstupid
Convictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32678
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFox View Post
harden is now averaging 26.4 pts and is the leading NBA scorer..... he shares the first position with kobe bryant....
Kinda surprised you didn't tell us in the form of a picture.

BraveFox is offline Old 11-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #19
BraveFox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convictedstupid View Post
Kinda surprised you didn't tell us in the form of a picture.
hahaha nice one my son ... nice one