ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
Jeff is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Jeff
Clutch Crew
Jeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #7
I've been lurking and reading how Jeremy Lin sucks and Toney Douglas sucks and Terrance Jones doesn't get enough playing time and the coaching is awful and Patterson is soft and on and on. Here's what I'm wondering...

What exactly did you expect from the youngest team in the NBA? Youth brings a lot of positive things: energy, excitement, promise. It also brings a lot of negative things: dumb mistakes, inconsistency, inexperience.

We aren't going to know who most of these players are -- outside probably of Harden -- be even the end of this year. It will probably be late into next season before we have enough data to make any calls. For you Texans fans, how many of you honestly thought Kareem Jackson would go from what some believed was the worst DB in the history of the NFL to a more than competent starter? Raise your hands.

I'm not saying watching the team and its players struggle is fun. It's not. But this is what SO MANY OF YOU ASKED FOR! Just as no one goes to Minute Maid despite every fan online, on the radio and in person BEGGING the Astros to ditch the old players and start over. They did. They suck. Somehow, everyone is SHOCKED.

That's just how it goes. The Rockets did what everyone wanted. They started COMPLETELY over from scratch. You have your team filled with youth and promise. Now, you get to watch as it struggles like crazy. No coach or new GM or special diet or training regimen is going to fix any of this. Only time will, for the better or the worse.

All we have right now is hope and frustration. Better get used to it.

Sponsored Link
tofu-- is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
Wait wait wait...

Are you saying Toney Douglas DOESN'T suck?

Akim523 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Akim523
Akim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAkim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2008
Member: #31714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I've been lurking and reading how Jeremy Lin sucks and Toney Douglas sucks and Terrance Jones doesn't get enough playing time and the coaching is awful and Patterson is soft and on and on. Here's what I'm wondering...

What exactly did you expect from the youngest team in the NBA? Youth brings a lot of positive things: energy, excitement, promise. It also brings a lot of negative things: dumb mistakes, inconsistency, inexperience.

We aren't going to know who most of these players are -- outside probably of Harden -- be even the end of this year. It will probably be late into next season before we have enough data to make any calls. For you Texans fans, how many of you honestly thought Kareem Jackson would go from what some believed was the worst DB in the history of the NFL to a more than competent starter? Raise your hands.

I'm not saying watching the team and its players struggle is fun. It's not. But this is what SO MANY OF YOU ASKED FOR! Just as no one goes to Minute Maid despite every fan online, on the radio and in person BEGGING the Astros to ditch the old players and start over. They did. They suck. Somehow, everyone is SHOCKED.

That's just how it goes. The Rockets did what everyone wanted. They started COMPLETELY over from scratch. You have your team filled with youth and promise. Now, you get to watch as it struggles like crazy. No coach or new GM or special diet or training regimen is going to fix any of this. Only time will, for the better or the worse.

All we have right now is hope and frustration. Better get used to it.
Well said.

This is exactly what I was wondering, what did you expect?
We have the youngest team in the NBA with tremendous upside and our record isnt really that bad, why a lot of people sound like the sky is falling after every single game?

I just dont understand.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
There were quite a lot of people here expecting playoffs, lol. Especially after the Harden trade.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

Naija Texan is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Naija Texan
Naija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNaija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38304
I mainly have issues with the coaching staff, the players are playing within my expectations, if not exceeding them in some cases.

CDrex is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
CDrex
Contributing Member
CDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39038
True. You've got to love Clutchfans, where for 3 years no one would shut up about how we should be losing instead of winning, and now everyone's venting their spleens about how much we suck.

The Rockets have a young team, cap space, and a good outlook going forward. This is how rebuilding works, just because we skipped the "draft franchise guy" step doesn't mean the rest of the build is automatically done.

phantoman is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
phantoman
Contributing Member
phantoman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26291
some board members are a bunch of floppers, everyone is a critic but when things actually happen the way they want it to. They always got some commentary.... can never win can ya...

the Bet Thread

If the rockets make the play off this year I will fly to houston to watch a play off game.

2011 Bet Thread

NotInMyHouse is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
ClutchFans: Never Satisfied.

prs325 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
prs325
prs325 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5162
I knew were gonna suck and i expected that. The only problem i have is if were gonna suck this bad, lets suck in a way where we are actually playing the rookies, let them develop and experience the growing pains. Since were not doing anything this year we might as well get that high lotto to add to the collection of youth that we have.

The other thing is, aa young as we are, we are probably the only team that does not start or play any of our rooks.

Jeff is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
Jeff
Clutch Crew
Jeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naija Texan View Post
I mainly have issues with the coaching staff, the players are playing within my expectations, if not exceeding them in some cases.
And you think this has nothing to do with the coaches? Interesting.

Rockets2K is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Rockets2K
Clutch Crew
Rockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1351
Thing is, most of the loudest complainers weren't here previouisly to see all the tank vs no-tank discussions, they dont realize that most of us where expecting a crap season this year. Adding one guy who they want to build around doesnt change that.

Harden is good, but he aint *that* good...and until Lin proves that last season wasn't a fluke, he can't be considered a player that would change a lotto team into a contender.

Jeff, your takes are sorely missed here.

studogg is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
studogg
Contributing Member
studogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5381
I expected 82 wins.

Fire everyone. Expecially Communistcast

AroundTheWorld is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
AroundTheWorld
Contributing Member
AroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1115
Great thread. I agree that people need to chill out.

Patterson is still soft, though, and Douglas is still not a very good player .

comment removed

OCCUPY UNSORTED!
KEEP UNSORTED ALIVE!

OlajuwonFan81 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
OlajuwonFan81
OlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34755
I think most of us are disappointed because we saw the first 2 games and how this team played. When you come home and lose to some mediocre teams it can frustrate you. Besides that the way Lin is playing relative to Dragic and Lowry has nothing to do with our youth or coaching. It was an absolutely awful move to let Goran go for nothing to the Suns and sign lin for more money per year. This is what is frustrating.......not the win loss record.

I trade 4 or sign Dwight Howard all day. Everyday.

duluth111222 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
duluth111222
duluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodduluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16689
so, this couldn't go into one of those other threads how???

sorry, just have to do it...

wfeebs is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #16
wfeebs
wfeebs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51281
Quote:
Originally Posted by prs325 View Post
I knew were gonna suck and i expected that. The only problem i have is if were gonna suck this bad, lets suck in a way where we are actually playing the rookies, let them develop and experience the growing pains. Since were not doing anything this year we might as well get that high lotto to add to the collection of youth that we have.

The other thing is, aa young as we are, we are probably the only team that does not start or play any of our rooks.
We are in a different situation than anybody else. Veterans aren't stopping the rooks from playing, its other young guys that need to develop too! This idea to play the rookies is stupid, as long as our best young players are playing and developing that's all that should matter. Our starting lineup experience is a bunch of 2nd year and 3rd year players. We should stop their development to develop others? Doesn't make sense to me.

MrButtocks is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #17
MrButtocks
Contributing Member
MrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16215
We've got a better record than the Lakers and are tied with the Nuggets, two teams which are built to win. Our offense looks horrible, but our defense looks great and the coaching staff and players deserve props for that. McHale and Sampson can't wave their magic wands and turn us into the Miami Heat. I'm impressed with our record considering our talent.

Akim523 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
Akim523
Akim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAkim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2008
Member: #31714
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluth111222 View Post
so, this couldn't go into one of those other threads how???

sorry, just have to do it...
Because it's posted by a reputable member of clutchfans with good content and reason, and it's not overlapping with current on-going discussions on other topics.

Nice try.

Rip Van Rocket is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #19
Rip Van Rocket
Contributing Member
Rip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2002
Member: #4070
I've been saying that we need this season just to figure out what we have. We have so many young and unproven players that it's going to take a while just to sort everything out. Morris, Patterson, and Smith appear to be getting their chance to show what they can do, maybe by the second half of the season we can start seeing what the rookies have to offer. I view this entire season as one big long training camp. I'm not too concerned about wins and losses, I just want the Rockets to have a good idea about who they need to keep, trade, or cut by the end of the season.

jscmedia is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
jscmedia
Contributing Member
jscmedia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjscmedia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
There were quite a lot of people here expecting playoffs, lol. Especially after the Harden trade.
I think playoffs is a reasonable expectation, and I expect that the Rockets WILL be in the playoffs.