ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
JR is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
JR
Contributing Member
JR is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #27
5 rebounds a game in 30 minutes. Shot his FIRST FT of the whole season last night. Worst part which I can't believe no one has commented on was his horrible "ole" defense on LeBron on GW basket - he should have fouled the hell out of LBJ and made him win it from the line! He's a 50% free throw shooter for christ's sake and he's about 100% on layups and dunks and YOU'RE WINNING BY ONE. That was a pathetic play that was as responsible as any of the other miscues down the stretch for gifting the Heat that game.

He is a decent but streaky outside shooter and I know he is a good PNR defender but he is an absolute wuss on the inside. Late in tonight's game he let RYAN ANDERSON go right over the top of him for a key rebound and put-back.

Kelvin, you need to light a fire under this guy and tell him to man up, or else give his PT to Marcus, Greg Smith and Terrence Jones. They are all ballers.

Sponsored Link
sammy is online now Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
Trade him.

Dei is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Asik is eating the rebounds.

withmustard is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
withmustard
withmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodwithmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9680
Smith cant shoot the corner three and Morris lost weight to play the three. T. Jones is still searcihng for his first meaningful minutes.

roxxy is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei View Post
Asik is eating the rebounds.
That isn't an excuse. Lin & Harden are out rebounding him on most nights & they are playing with Asik. Parsons too. When you are getting the same number of boards as the back court you know there is a problem.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

sammy is online now Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
His explosion is gone. He shows flashes of it during games but it's not consistent.

Patterson has had a couple of good games but he isn't a starting 4 in this league. Not with zero post moves in his repertoire.

larsv8 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
larsv8
Contributing Member
larsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28004
He is fine, stop hating.

Morey is smarter, more aggressive and actually gets big stars that he didn't draft. The odds are against us now. Our FO just doesn't compare to theirs. We can beat them in the draft but the Bulls have never traded for a player as good as Harden or signed a player as good as Howard.

tomato is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
tomato
tomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24178
He's a pest on defense, but I sort of wish he were traded to a good situation so we could have Jones, Motiejunas or Smith next to my main boy Asik.

HARDEN? DON'T MIND IF I DO

sammy is online now Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #9
sammy
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
He's a pest on defense, but I sort of wish he were traded to a good situation so we could have Jones, Motiejunas or Smith next to my main boy Asik.
It does appear like his defense is on point for the most part. There's just something about a jump-shooting PF that bugs me.

rox4lyf is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #10
rox4lyf
rox4lyf is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrox4lyf is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18708
On a playoff contender, he's best suited as a backup. Think Taj Gibson.

He would be given life without the chance of parole.

-OpportunityCost

heads.up is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
heads.up
heads.up is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47420
Patterson goes up super soft around traffic, it is literally depressing. I mean, what happened to THIS guy....

jtr is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
jtr
Contributing Member
jtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49860
Quote:
Originally Posted by rox4lyf View Post
No disputing that. But who the hell thinks we are a contender? If you do then I would recommend having a stiff drink and reflecting on the long term effects of homerism.

DXtreme is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #13
DXtreme
DXtreme is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52437
A soft jump shooting PF that can't defend , lol wow!

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #14
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38284
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Patterson is SOFT
You know they have a pill for that?

roxxy is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #15
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXtreme View Post
A soft jump shooting PF that can't defend , lol wow!
His defense is actually pretty good. It is his rebounding that leaves a lot to be desired.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

tomato is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #16
tomato
tomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24178
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
It does appear like his defense is on point for the most part. There's just something about a jump-shooting PF that bugs me.
Do you remember his rookie year? When he finally got playing time, he was hitting a ridiculous clip of mid-range jumpers! I hope he eventually gets a degree of comfort back with his knees, because he can help the Rockets as a starter or bench guy.

HARDEN? DON'T MIND IF I DO

acsorelle4 is online now Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #17
acsorelle4
acsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42819
Totally agree. I've said it before, and I'll say it again here: I would trade him tomorrow for Carl Landry, straight up.

hehsy5sy5 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
hehsy5sy5
hehsy5sy5 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52556
Quote:
Originally Posted by rox4lyf View Post
No. Taj Gibson is miles above Patterson. Patterson is a scrub. Gibson is a decent PF who if given the chance the start will probably be looking at good numbers and is a good defender and rebounder. Gibson would be any contenders rotation and get at least 20 minutes. This is why Gibson is getting a 8m/year contract, from giving that contract Bulls will be looking to get rid of Boozer and have Gibson take his place.

MambaJoe is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #19
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43157
That's one thing about Patrick Patterson. Even though he has a big physique, he is incredibly soft. His game is completely different than his rookie year where he was much more aggressive. It almost feel like Patrick tries to avoid contact while going up. He prefers to do an up & under layup to avoid contact over just dunking it hard.

Patrick Patterson is a decent defender but he doesn't bring that energy that is needed on this team. He doesn't make a big enough impact on the court and doesn't really demand respect from opponents defense. This is who Patrick Patterson is. This is his type of game.

Right now, it is really up to Morey to figure out whether or not Patrick Patterson is the player he would want moving forward. The Rockets already have their future backcourt, their starting center for the next few years and a bright up & coming athletic lock down defensive SF. The only thing that's left is the PF, the only starting position that's leaves a question mark. Is Patrick Patterson in the Rockets future plans? Is he going to get any better and if so, how much better is he going to be?

To me, Patrick Patterson's ceiling looks limited due to the fact that he's not crazy athletic, doesn't have the length and the raw talent that will help turn him into a special player. He is an average starting PF at best. This position definitely needs an upgrade. The PF role needs a player that can demand the defenses attention and respect, also whole their own on the defensive post. That may seem to be asking too much but in order for the Rockets to be a good team in this league, they need another threat besides Harden.

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

RV6 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #20
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
He got up for the Heat game to go up against Battier...I didn't like that he tried that turnaround immediately because he wanted to show up Battier. Bad shot and one reason they got off to such a bad start. He needs to find more motivation from game to game.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.