ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Kyrie Irving is a phenomenon.
Tags:  basketball, kyrie irving, nba, youtube Tags
Gil is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
Gil
Gil is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGil is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52062

Not sure how to embed YouTube videos on here but man is he going to be special.

There simply aren't enough superlatives to describe this kid so you're just going to have to watch that yourself.

LeBron and Durant are probably the only players I'd have ahead him at the moment.

Sponsored Link
tehG l i d e is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
"But I'll say this: When they're replacing you with Ramon Sessions for defensive purposes, that might be a sign you have work to do. As good as Irving was on offense, he was a horrifying, flaming train wreck on defense. Synergy rated him the worst defensive player in the league with at least 300 plays defended, opposing point guards ripped him for a 19.0 PER according to 82games.com, and the Cavs gave up 5.0 points per 100 possessions more with him on the court -- even though his usual replacement, Sessions, was himself among the league's most flammable point guards."

LC Rox Fan is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
LC Rox Fan
LC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51664
Fantastic offensively, but plays some Uncle Drew defense.

t_mac1 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
t_mac1
Contributing Member
t_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29872
He's making the offensive jump DRose failed to do so in his 2nd year, and he's still efficient.

This guy is going to be scary offensively.

But for him to take the next step, he needs to be a better playmaker AND improve defensively.

VBG is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
VBG
VBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42683
Offensively he might be already the best or most complete PG in the NBA. He has the explosion that CP3 lacks now.

He is simply ridiculous in the 4th quarter.

He already is scary offensively.

red_alertz is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
red_alertz
red_alertz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47982
meh, Lin's better

Outlier is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
Dude's a Kobe (with no D) on offense. A lot of players standing around on the offense waiting for a pass. You just know he's gonna shoot it when he has the ball most times. Still love him though.

Damn, that Cleveland team sucks.

Outlier is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Holy crap that play at 3:16 was sick!!!!

Outlier is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
Outlier
Irving's got to learn how to win and lead his team. For now he's just another Kevin Love with nice stats. All flash, no substance.

SuperBeeKay is offline Old 11-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
SuperBeeKay
SuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30404
I said he was top 5 in a thread like 2 weeks ago and got laughed at... lol

Gil is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
Gil
Gil is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGil is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBeeKay View Post
In 2/3 years maybe. For now though, calm down lol.

Probably a top 5 pg at the moment though. Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Rondo then Irving in my opinion.

Jontro is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBeeKay View Post
Not top 5. Top 6 maybe.

The top 5 players all wear Rockets red.

mvpcrossxover is online now Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
mvpcrossxover
mvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmvpcrossxover is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33363
um..............tell us something we don't know

ClutchFans' Achievement

VBG is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
VBG
VBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42683
He's not top 5 yet. He's just too terrible defensively.

Nook is online now Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
Nook
Nook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32535
Hard to say he is top 3-5 in NBA when his team is so bad and he is possibly the worst defender in the NBA.

Christopher is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
Christopher
Christopher is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineChristopher is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #17
Little known fact....he's Australian.

League Freak Rugby League Freak League Freak
Rugby League Freak League Freak Rugby League Freak

QazQay is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #17
QazQay
QazQay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodQazQay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50284
Second best pg behind CP3. Yea he plays no defense, but defense is much less important at the guard position and offense is much more important.

Gil is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
Gil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook View Post
Hard to say he is top 3-5 in NBA when his team is so bad and he is possibly the worst defender in the NBA.
Luke Walton gets minutes for them. Cavs have the worst bench in the NBA and aside from Varejao who's been unbelievable this year and an extremely raw rookie in Waiters their starters aren't that much better.

Who cares about defense at the PG position? He simply isn't athletic enough to stay in front of the elite 1's in this League. Not many players in this league can.

T-Slack is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
T-Slack
T-Slack is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43038
He's a two guard playing the one. He reminds me of Allen Iverson. Not as fast, but with a better shot.

jlwee is offline Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
jlwee
jlwee is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11980
Nah, Ricky Rubio is better player