ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
jimmyv281 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
jimmyv281
jimmyv281 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32798
Who on the rockets current roster is the most crucial in terms of develping in order to take the rockets to the next level. (Machado, White, Jones, DMO, the coching staff, comcast, new owner, broadcast team, mascot, new uniforms, or do the starters need to hit their ceilings or blow right through them......

Sponsored Link
jimmyv281 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
jimmyv281

conquistador#11 is online now Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
Royce, " I'm being sent to WNBA! I'm filing a law suit"

RV6 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Morris. Only Harden is better equipped as a scorer. Asik is a close second.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

OremLK is offline Old 11-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Not sure what you're asking exactly. Harden, Lin, Parsons, and Asik haven't yet reached their ceilings, and their continued to improvement/development of chemistry together are going to be crucial moving forward. Of these, Harden is the most important.

Motiejunas has the highest ceiling among non-starters. Morris also seems to have a pretty high ceiling, he's on a MIP track right now.

But I think the single most critical thing for taking the Rockets to the next level is going to be how Morey uses our cap space and what secondary star we add to play alongside Harden.

jimmyv281 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
jimmyv281
I say it has to be DMO he has the most potential of the players on the bench.

CisBuds4U is online now Old 11-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
CisBuds4U
CisBuds4U is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCisBuds4U is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44215
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
Morris also seems to have a pretty high ceiling, he's on a MIP track right now.
can you be an MIP when you didnt get playing time the previous year?

its encouraging to see him improve but still not sold on him. I think Morey will be shopping to fill the hole at the 4 and find a body down low who can score.

jtr is offline Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
jtr
Contributing Member
jtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49860
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
Not sure what you're asking exactly. Harden, Lin, Parsons, and Asik haven't yet reached their ceilings, and their continued to improvement/development of chemistry together are going to be crucial moving forward. Of these, Harden is the most important.

Motiejunas has the highest ceiling among non-starters. Morris also seems to have a pretty high ceiling, he's on a MIP track right now.

But I think the single most critical thing for taking the Rockets to the next level is going to be how Morey uses our cap space and what secondary star we add to play alongside Harden.
I could not add more to your analysis. Nice summation of the situation.

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Anyone.

We just need another star.

DrNuegebauer is offline Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
DrNuegebauer
DrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1358
I'd say that vacant max contract spot this summer?

Be pretty good if we could "develop" that into a star wouldn't it?

basketballholic says:
TJones is starting because we don't have anybody else. TJones is giving us nothing more (and probably not as much) as Tyler Hansbrough or Reggie Nut-grabber or some other garbage man pf would give us.
L
O
L

BraveFox is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
BraveFox
BraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52628

jimmyv281 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
jimmyv281
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFox View Post
Dude you love phil jackson huh.... I see this pic everywhere.... thanks for your post bro!

jimmyv281 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #13
jimmyv281
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
I'd say that vacant max contract spot this summer?

Be pretty good if we could "develop" that into a star wouldn't it?
It would, but I think its slim pickings like at a bar at chilis..

BraveFox is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
BraveFox
BraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv281 View Post
Dude you love phil jackson huh.... I see this pic everywhere.... thanks for your post bro!

HOU_ROCKETS1 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
HOU_ROCKETS1
HOU_ROCKETS1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52650
Quote:
lmao

BraveFox is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
BraveFox

mirus is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
mirus
mirus is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52119
Quote:
you are asking for rep directly...reppedLMAO!

Phoenix Suns,Houston Rockets,New York Knicks,Indiana Pacers/Golden State Warriors

dobro1229 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv281 View Post
Who on the rockets current roster is the most crucial in terms of develping in order to take the rockets to the next level. (Machado, White, Jones, DMO, the coching staff, comcast, new owner, broadcast team, mascot, new uniforms, or do the starters need to hit their ceilings or blow right through them......
Marcus Morris short term as a secondary scorer, and providing points off the bench. He doesn't have to be Melo, but if he could consistently provide a scoring threat off the bench it would do wonders for this team in the short term.

MambaJoe is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #19
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43157
Dmo may have the highest potential out of all the rookies but I think TJones can make a big time impact to this team. I really hope the coaching staff would give Jones some PT because he brings that energy and all around game that would help this team.

Jones has the ability to block shots and challenge defenders with his length and athleticism which will help start fast break.

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

jimmyv281 is offline Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
jimmyv281
Alright I just repped the 5 posts above me! Thats worth some repp in return!