ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
redhotrox is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #241
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021

Sponsored Link
Chef_Monteur is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #242
Chef_Monteur
Chef_Monteur is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52624
We drafted a guy who is afraid to get on an airplane.

If he's afraid to get on an airplane how can we expect this guy to have the mental fortitude to become a prime piece on a championship roster?

J.R. is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #243
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Les: You'd hate to lose(waste) a draft pick but...

Rockets PR errr Daryl: We "fully support" Royce...

Royce: Rockets fault...

Grab a seat and some popcorn!

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #244
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
For someone who is claiming to be honest, he sure is being cryptic.

Dreamin is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #245
Dreamin
Dreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47905
I dont like his statement. If anything he should have been more upfront about his condition prior to the draft. So teams would know what they were getting and have a plan to handle his condition beforehand. You cant just rock up to a club then make demands about conditions you didn't disclose.

ElPigto is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #246
ElPigto
ElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Translation: it's unhealthy for me to go to the D-League.
Well, this sucks. I want to feel for him considering that I have suffered from GAD myself, but I really do think he is way out of line. There is no reason to use your mental disease as negotiating tactic. I needed my breathers here and there when I was in school, but never did I take it to a level where I would use it as an excuse to not do what needed to be done.

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning"

--- Morrie Schwartz ( Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom )

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #247
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Translation: It's unhealthy for me not to get consistent minutes with the NBA team.
But isn't this something that should have been talked about prior to signing a deal? Isn't someone from the org tell him that he's not guaranteed playing time? That he has to earn his minutes like anyone else? And if not, wtf? I so badly want the real story here.

Zfan is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #248
Zfan
Zfan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27654
Can the team just simply waive him? Just couple millions. Les got that money.

Chef_Monteur is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #249
Chef_Monteur
Chef_Monteur is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52624
Next time I have to miss work, I will just send my executive chef the Royce White pics??? yes?

shoops is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #250
shoops
shoops is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52263
Looks like someone fked up

Bill Bradley is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #251
Bill Bradley
Bill Bradley is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52096
Can't say that I didn't see this coming from the beginning when White was clearly showing that he wasn't dealing with his mental issues in a healthy, proactive way. Like I said back when White missed the beginning of training camp, White came across as someone who had been pampered due to his talent and allowed to avoid dealing with his anxiety issues directly. A bunch of fools on this site attacked me, a clinical psychologist working in the area of anxiety disorders, for saying that he was not dealing with things in a healthy way. I don't see many of those posters here defending White's behavior now. You do not deal with an anxiety disorder by spending a fortune on a bus to avoid anxiety as much as possible. Can we agree on that now?

Clutch is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #252
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
Everyone get on twitter and send him tweets. Please for the love of God make him realize how much of an a-hole he is.
I don't exactly think this is going to help.

It's a mental health issue and it appears he's probably not aware how ridiculous this looks to the average fan. His response to people saying, "Go play!" is usually just a #SMH hashtag.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

J.R. is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #253
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #32628
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoops View Post
Looks like someone fked up
DARRRYLLL!

ROYCE!

ron413 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #254
ron413
Contributing Member
ron413 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodron413 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2002
Member: #4396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bradley View Post
You do not deal with an anxiety disorder by spending a fortune on a bus to avoid anxiety as much as possible. Can we agree on that now?
bingo!

Ricksmith is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #255
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #41990
We should have let Dallas draft him

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #256
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #32179
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
DARRRYLLL!

ROYCE!
McHale wanted Royce, not Morey.

DaFranchise03 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #257
DaFranchise03
DaFranchise03 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan View Post
Can the team just simply waive him? Just couple millions. Les got that money.
Rockets gonna stick it out just long enough to trade him for a second round pick.

I feel bad about his condition but it seems his demands aren't being met? I thought the whole bus thing was fair as long as he is there for practices and games. If its something more than what we know already, then he should have been honest about it before the draft. NBA is not a normal business.

Hail to the V is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #258
Hail to the V
Hail to the V is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52298
Can we trade him for DeMarcus Cousins? At least Cousins fly and score.

ApuN is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #259
ApuN
ApuN is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26220
Sorry but this guys gotta go

All his life his bad behavior has been rewarded mental issues or not

He cannot cut it at this level. It is no different than someone who has one arm or one leg

He is hobbled mentally and the NBA is just not for him.

Kam is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #260
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
You guys want to know the real story?
I have this curse. I swear, it's serious.

If you are a player, and we run into each other in midtown, you instantly become cursed and doomed as an NBA player.

many years ago, I ran into Joey Dorsey. In fact, I did it twice. I ran into him at Randalls in midtown, and I ran into him again at the Houston Center, over by Toyota Center.

And then last thursday, I ran into him at the Walgreens in midtown over by the car wash, and specs and all those places. He was there buying cookies or something. Those small grandmas cookies or whatever. He was wearing NBA socks with those hood type of loafers. Don't know what they are called, but they're a hood necessity i think.

So that is what happened to Royce White. i gave him the ol Kam midtown curse.

Sorry. Terrence Jones, Scotty Machado, and Donuts, please stay far away from me in midtown.

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›