ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
Outlier is offline Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #2001
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
We will know when this is over when Royce all of a sudden becomes quiet on TWitter for 12 hours.

Sponsored Link
butterball is offline Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #2002
butterball
butterball is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42631
Can the league intervene and force Royce to stop? I don't see how else this could end.

G Zus Kryst is offline Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #2003
G Zus Kryst
Rookie
G Zus Kryst is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodG Zus Kryst is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #48985
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseBlade View Post
without any real insight or knowledge of what the situation is and what issues he faces.

read da thread dood

G Zus Kryst is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #2004
G Zus Kryst
Rookie
G Zus Kryst is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodG Zus Kryst is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #48985
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757 View Post
Royce claiming he has PTSD is a disgrace to all veterans and currently serving military personnel.
Werd.....tired of dis WebMD joker

Nearly 30% of Vets Treated by V.A. Have PTSD.................247,243 veterans from the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars have been diagnosed with PTSD

Spacemoth is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #2005
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24898
You know what else gives Royce White tons of anxiety? Getting fined and not making millions of dollars.

The Rockets management can be so cruel sometimes.

J.R. is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #2006
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
We will know when this is over when Royce all of a sudden becomes quiet on TWitter for 12 hours.
I was just thinking Royce has been quiet. It's "only" been 3 hours since his last tweet, so I guess that's a start.

Dreamin is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #2007
Dreamin
Dreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47905
So why didnt he call it quits after college if he is so concerned about not sacrificing his health for his job? Why take on the jon in the 1st place?

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #2008
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51824
I know this kid has problems (not going to practice, etc.) but what worries me the most is the care he's getting. He's literally on twitter all day - arguing with people and obliquely threatening lawsuits, trashing the Rockets, and whoever else. He really needs help. Being holed-up in his room cannot be healthy for him. Why hasn't someone stepped in here? Who is taking care of him? He's only 21. We think that these basketball players are adults who can handle their own business but we've seen time and time again that they aren't. They're just kids. Most of the time it's fine but in Royce's case, someone should step in and get this kid some real treatment.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

crose is online now Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #2009
crose
Contributing Member
crose is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecrose is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecrose is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2005
Member: #16095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
So why didnt he call it quits after college if he is so concerned about not sacrificing his health for his job? Why take on the jon in the 1st place?
He actually left college early.....because his "mental health" is priority #1.

knote32 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #2010
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Tough to say without the details. I'm still waiting to hear from Daryl Morey. It is obvious that the Rockets and Royce are both holding something back. I think it is going out on a pretty big ledge to make such trashy comments attacking Royce White's character.

Are you sure? Are you?

(Is Marcus Morris a bust?)

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #2011
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51824
For the people who support White, do you think this organization would have done something out of line or been unsupportive of Royce in any way? I'm relatively new here, but I've always gotten the impression that Houston is an above-board organization from afar. Shady/sneaky stuff just doesn't go on here like it does on the Red Sox or the Knicks. Can you point to a time where the Rox haven't met all reasonable standards of conduct in relations with a player?

The worst I can imagine from the Rockets side is that they failed to account for how serious the problem was and maybe failed in hand-holding Royce enough. But that's merely a failure of knowledge. As opposed something as grimy as outright discrimination, scorn, ridicule, ostracizing, or even media spin which would all be serious breaches.

So when people say give Royce the benefit of a doubt... what are you expecting the Rockets to have done that is so horrible?

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

Dr of Dunk is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #2012
Dr of Dunk
Clutch Crew
Dr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballa View Post
Lol, his doctor's name has 4 letters and he can't even spell it right.
Seriously?

Ronnie Brewer is my favorite Rocket of all time!

ApuN is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #2013
ApuN
ApuN is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurprescott2 View Post
For the people who support White, do you think this organization would have done something out of line or been unsupportive of Royce in any way? I'm relatively new here, but I've always gotten the impression that Houston is an above-board organization from afar. Shady/sneaky stuff just doesn't go on here like it does on the Red Sox or the Knicks. Can you point to a time where the Rox haven't met all reasonable standards of conduct in relations with a player?

The worst I can imagine from the Rockets side is that they failed to account for how serious the problem was and maybe failed in hand-holding Royce enough. But that's merely a failure of knowledge. As opposed something as grimy as outright discrimination, scorn, ridicule, ostracizing, or even media spin which would all be serious breaches.

So when people say give Royce the benefit of a doubt... what are you expecting the Rockets to have done that is so horrible?
His apologists nor Royce White himself can say what the Rockets have or haven't done. Why be specific when you have a built in excuse for not going to work??

You have to understand the whole twitter bombing started after (gasp) - the Rockets decide to send him to the D-League

If White were actually to be forced to answer questions from the media, his charade would come tumbling down

This whole episode has been a one-sided self deluded rant, written, produced, and directed by Mr. Royce White

FranchiseBlade is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #2014
FranchiseBlade
Contributing Member
FranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3415
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Zus Kryst View Post

read da thread dood
I've read it, both the good and the bad.

Give us iron give us rope

knote32 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #2015
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurprescott2 View Post

I think you nailed it. We are definitely a great franchise, but I think the combination of McHale's old school mentality and potential lack of sensitivity, combined with Morey's shrewd asset collection, is a bad mix for someone in Royce's condition. Royce wants to be seen as a person, and he wants to feel at home. A potentially tough environment to create in the NBA, which is a business.

knote32 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #2016
knote32
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApuN View Post
This whole episode has been a one-sided self deluded rant, written, produced, and directed by Mr. Royce White
From my perspective, it seems that there is not enough information out there to make such a judgement call on someone's character. Especially when it concerns someone's mental sickness.

Dr of Dunk is offline Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #2017
Dr of Dunk
Clutch Crew
Dr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akim523 View Post
I know, but most of those people dont even know what happened nor are bbal fans, they were simply following #anxiety hashtags
I'm not in a position to defend or accuse Royce of anything, but does anyone here really know what happened or is happening?

Royce has issues, no doubt. I hope the guy can get things straight on or off the Rockets because one of the worst feelings I've ever had being a Rockets fan was the day they found Eddie Griffin dead. I'm sure not about to jump on some guy that was either wronged or is lying, but in either case, seems to have other issues.

Ronnie Brewer is my favorite Rocket of all time!

FranchiseBlade is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #2018
FranchiseBlade
Contributing Member
FranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApuN View Post
His apologists nor Royce White himself can say what the Rockets have or haven't done. Why be specific when you have a built in excuse for not going to work??
Why not work at the thing you love and have devoted your life to, unless something is preventing you from that?

It's true the thing preventing White from working may have been made worse because of some bad decisions he made. But that doesn't change the fact there are issues that play a part in what's going on.

What's silly is people who have no idea about the issues White faces, making claims like they are sure they are correct based on absolutely no knowledge of the situation.

poing is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #2019
poing
poing is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodpoing is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #48006

JayGoogle is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #2020
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
I love all the people standing up for White! Go Royce!

hopefully when you are out of the NBA these people will still be there for you!