ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
hotballa is offline Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
hotballa
Contributing Member
hotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #10072
Dude's pulling down almost 14 boards a game without any help at all from the softies sharing the frontcourt with him. That and he's always around on defense, and playing with hustle. Sadly, everyone focused on Lin and Harden struggles

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...&postcount=761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
Some women like to be beaten. Most women actually encourage men to beat them, even though they will never admit it.

Sponsored Link
BraveFox is offline Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
BraveFox
BraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52628
Asik is great, particularly in defensive, but I also see a great offensive potential in him this season and particularly in seasons to come!

durvasa is offline Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
He's going to get bashed all year because of his offensive struggles, just like Chuck used to. We need better offense from the other 4 guys on the floor which will come through more experience, developing better chemistry, individual skill improvement, or simply with different players. But Asik is a keeper, in my opinion.

conquistador#11 is offline Old 11-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
If you love basketball, you have to love Asik. He frustrates his matchup and makes them earn every point. He made the chubbier gasol go 3-12 inside last night.

torocan is online now Old 11-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
torocan
torocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52386
Asik played a very good game last night when all things are considered.

His offensive game is going to develop fairly decently I think. He won't be Hakeem, but a beast on D and servicable on O is all you really need.

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
His name is Mer Asik until he develops some O.

ROXTXIA is offline Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
ROXTXIA
Contributing Member
ROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1409
Unless Asik is used to acquire Dwight Howard (too bad there's no jopatmc to say, "Yeah!"), then I see him as a Rocket for awhile:

Asik: Beast the Glass

pmac is offline Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
pmac
Contributing Member
pmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25927
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
He's going to get bashed all year because of his offensive struggles, just like Chuck used to. We need better offense from the other 4 guys on the floor which will come through more experience, developing better chemistry, individual skill improvement, or simply with different players. But Asik is a keeper, in my opinion.
I don't really have a problem with his offense, nobody can do everything. I just hope he develops slightly better hands. If he can just cleanly catch the ball on the move, he'd be golden. That would open up a lot of things in our offense. He doesn't necessarily have to be the guy to finish but if he can catch and hand it off to his frontcourt mates we can get the defenses moving. As of now, teams just load up on our backcourt without consequence.

RV6 is offline Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
His lack of offense won't get him benched because of everything else he does, but he's got to do better at the rim, even Chuck made layups.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Air Langhi is offline Old 11-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Asik is an asset who will get traded soon enough.

hotballa is offline Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
hotballa
Contributing Member
hotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the pointshotballa is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #10072
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
I don't really have a problem with his offense, nobody can do everything. I just hope he develops slightly better hands. If he can just cleanly catch the ball on the move, he'd be golden. That would open up a lot of things in our offense. He doesn't necessarily have to be the guy to finish but if he can catch and hand it off to his frontcourt mates we can get the defenses moving. As of now, teams just load up on our backcourt without consequence.
Yeah, his hands are even worse than Chukwagon's

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...&postcount=761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
Some women like to be beaten. Most women actually encourage men to beat them, even though they will never admit it.

dje243 is offline Old 11-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
This guy is beastly. He almost completely shuts down whoever it is he's assigned to and alter nearly every shot at the rim. He throws a mean pick, can pass, and has shown some flashes of an offensive game in development. If the man can continue to get around 10 pts a game like he did last night then you have a top 5 center in the league.

cheke64 is online now Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
cheke64
cheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42238
I can't get mad at Asik, Lin and Harden. Figure it out.

jocar is offline Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
He looks totally winded after each game. I wish we had a PF who could help lighten the load and balance out his weakness on offense.
Maybe a human incubating machine we could marinate and pop Terrence and DMo into, set the timer to 30 min, *ding!*, instant front court.

pippendagimp is offline Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
imo, the only thing keeping us from getting blown out the past few games is asik's incredible rebounding and helpside D

torocan is online now Old 11-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #16
torocan
torocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Member: #52386
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippendagimp View Post
imo, the only thing keeping us from getting blown out the past few games is asik's incredible rebounding and helpside D
That and the backcourt is rebounding like a front court. Our team still has alot of work to do...

dje243 is offline Old 11-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocar View Post
He looks totally winded after each game. I wish we had a PF who could help lighten the load and balance out his weakness on offense.
Maybe a human incubating machine we could marinate and pop Terrence and DMo into, set the timer to 30 min, *ding!*, instant front court.
I love tjones and the flashes i've seen from him. But i can't help but be more excited about seeing a D-mo Asik front court. They would seem to balance each other out nicely. I'm hoping that going up against Asik and patterson in practice will help everyone overall defensively.

dobro1229 is offline Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #18
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Asik has really impressed me greatly. I think towards the trade deadline, he might actually be one of the more sought after players in the league in trade.

I know, I know... they just got a legit 7 foot center, why are they already ready to trade him... Im not.. Im just saying he's possibly going to be a top 5 defensive center(if not top 3), top 3 rebounder, an excellent P&R screener, underrated passer, and if he can just get more comfortable finishing around the rim(which I believe he will), he will be a huge asset for this team whether that be in acquiring a secondary superstar or being a long term franchise center moving forward.

In a NBA world where Andris Biedrins is making 9 mil a season the next two years, this quality of a big man making 8.3 for the next 3 seasons looks like a bargain. Either way, he's looking like a difference maker for this team moving forward.

kmart9419 is offline Old 11-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #19
kmart9419
Contributing Member
kmart9419 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2003
Member: #11211
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotballa View Post
Dude's pulling down almost 14 boards a game without any help at all from the softies sharing the frontcourt with him. That and he's always around on defense, and playing with hustle. Sadly, everyone focused on Lin and Harden struggles
Asik's defense and rebounding is truly impressive. Won't be surprised if he's the rebounding champ this year. However, his offensive futility probably costs the rockets a couple of wins so far. Missed several point blank shots. Lacking an offensive game will allow his man to sag off to help on lin and harden drives, taking them out of their games. A strong scoring four is just what the rockets need.

ROF2012 is offline Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
ROF2012
ROF2012 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippendagimp View Post
Agreed. The defense kept us within the game