ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

[NBA.com] Granger out 3 months
Tags:  2012, basketball, nba, nba.com, pacers Tags
NL Rocket is offline Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
NL Rocket
NL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51934
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...-three-months/

Damn, injuries left and right so early this year!!

Sponsored Link
DonatasFanboy is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50323
It's all a conspiracy to get the #1 pick and keep Cody Zeller in Indiana.

I never take an easy path. Easy paths are for quoters. - Donatas Motiejunas

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38284
I do not play in fantasy leagues but if I did, I would pick up Gerald Green.

robbie380 is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
robbie380
Contributing Member
robbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6630
Sucks....I rolled the dice and traded for Granger hoping his knee wouldn't be that bad. Looks like I lost.

pippendagimp is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
guess he'll be stayin home on the grange till feb

Han Solo is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Han Solo
Han Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #50947
Paul George has been getting double doubles for me with big rebounds but i need the dude to start scoring like i thought he would with granger out!

Icehouse is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Icehouse
Contributing Member
Icehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsIcehouse is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1617
So does Indy still make the playoffs?

rolyat93 is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippendagimp View Post
guess he'll be stayin home on the grange till feb
When coming back from a knee injury you should really Pacer-self.

heypartner is online now Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
In the East, yeah, unless they purposefully tank.

DonatasFanboy is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heypartner View Post
In the East, yeah, unless they purposefully tank.
i'm not so sure, so far all the new acquisitions have looked pretty pathetic. Green, Mahinmi, and especially DJ Augustin.
Hopefully they gel together. Right now no one can make a pass, hit a 3 or create a shot, all of which were Granger's responsibilities last year.
So far some of the non-playoff teams from last year were more impressive.

Miami, Celtics, Knicks, Nets, Bulls, 6ers, Hawks, Cavs. That's 8 teams, I'm not sure that the Pacers w/o Granger are better than any of them.

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38284
Quote:
Seems like an easy yes because they are in the East, but let's consider the classifications of teams when considering playoffs. You have the teams that will make it for sure, the ones on the fence and the ones who are a threat.

Teams to make it for sure:
Miami, Boston, New York, Chicago (even without Rose), Brooklyn

Teams that are on the fence:
Bucks, Hawks, Philly

Teams that are a threat:
Toronto, Cavs

So, where would you put Indy in that group with Granger being injured for 30-45 games? I think they're still a solid team with Hibbert and West, but it will be a lot tougher to make the playoffs than it seems. I put them 6th or 7th, but anything can happen.

pippendagimp is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
When coming back from a knee injury you should really Pacer-self.
black bandanna, sweet louisiana, robbin on tha bird in the state of indiana
he's a looter, rebel, and a shooter.....on IR now w/ free time to go to hooters
lookin down the barrel of a season at .450
mediocrity yields scrubs like royce white..

danny california rest in peace
no rotation, splash, or release
another 8th seed matchup w/ the heat?
1 week after april, can u say sweeep

Yung-T is offline Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Move George to SF and unleash Lance Stephenson. Lancanity!!!!

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.

CF Draft:

tofu-- is offline Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #14
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
Not a doctor, so how the hell does one injection knock an athlete's knee out for three months? I mean holy crap.

DonatasFanboy is offline Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
DonatasFanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu-- View Post
Not a doctor, so how the hell does one injection knock an athlete's knee out for three months? I mean holy crap.
injection is there to treat the problem. he injured the knee during the Miami playoff series, and had a minor surgery during the offseason, but recovery hasn't been smooth.

meh is offline Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Well, we can finally see what the Paul George hype is about. Actually was my favorite draft prospect two years ago.

If George blows up, and one of the Rockets PF beast this year, perhaps a deadline deal for Granger?

BasketballReasons is offline Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
BasketballReasons
Contributing Member
BasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32374
Here comes George. Always wanted to draft him and I remember Morey said he was very high on their draft list but just missed out on him.

da_juice is offline Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
da_juice
da_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44535
Granger and Hansborough for Smith and Morrow? I think it makes sense for both teams. Hawks get a wing man to pair with Horford, and Pacers can have a defensive frontcourt of Hibbert and Smith, bring West off the bench, move George to the 3 and use Morrow at the 2.

trowa is offline Old 11-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #19
trowa
trowa is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52225
one less inefficient chucker

diehardNFFL is offline Old 11-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
diehardNFFL
diehardNFFL is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #50343
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_juice View Post
Granger and Hansborough for Smith and Morrow? I think it makes sense for both teams. Hawks get a wing man to pair with Horford, and Pacers can have a defensive frontcourt of Hibbert and Smith, bring West off the bench, move George to the 3 and use Morrow at the 2.
The Hawks give up arguably their best player for Danny Granger and Tyler Hansbrough? Please try to come back to reality a little bit.