ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Rockets New Beard Slogans and Billboards
Tags:  2012, basketball, daryl morey, houston rockets, nba Tags
RV6 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459

Credit to these guys? (Haven't found the last one):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
The Rockets marketing department just called to ask for some help from the ClutchFans community.

"Fear The Beard" is a trademarked phrase (by Brian Wilson of the Giants), so it can't be used by Harden or the Rockets in any official way. The team definitely wants to use "BEARD" in a promotional way, so they'd love to hear ideas from the diehard fans here.

So this is your chance to coin it -- if you have any "BEARDSANITY" type slogans, fire away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilldream'n34 View Post
Houston, We have a beard!

May the beard be with you!

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Last edited by RV6; 11-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Sponsored Link
45souf is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
45souf
45souf is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45329
I always liked.....Bearding something special, next to a pic of J. harden

True ****ing Words

roxxy is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
Morey was also answering questions on twitter for this interested. They were pretty funny. Bill Simmons tweeted him & he responded.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

coachbadlee is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Get Your Beard On!!! It's sig worthy at least.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

Ziggy is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
Morey tweet or Rockets intern tweet? "peak" vs "peek" - lulz?

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

Alex L. is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Alex L.
Contributing Member
Alex L. is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51861
The first billboard: "Beauty and the Beard"

RV6 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Morey tweet or Rockets intern tweet? "peak" vs "peek" - lulz!
My mistake, I was reading Morey's recent tweets and saw this mixed in. I didn't notice it came from the Rockets' twitter.

Mods please edit the title!

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Genesis is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Genesis
Contributing Member
Genesis is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex L. View Post
Haha Parsons and Harden?!

J.R. is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
So what do these guys win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumVirate View Post
Beardsanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilldream'n34 View Post
Houston, We have a beard!

May the beard be with you!

Relentless is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
Relentless
Relentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47992
Hey, I came up with the billboard that says The Beard has landed! I bet they put it on 59 across from minute maid park like I said. Cool stuff

bigben69 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
bigben69
bigben69 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2003
Member: #15419
Houston, we have a beard is horrible. It makes me angry that a marketing department for a professional sports team would use something so lame. If I took that to one of my creative directors then they would punch me in the face and laugh at me for being an idiot. Even cheer the beard or something along those lines is better than that.

torocan is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
torocan
torocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52386
Lin-troducing the Beard...

Going All Lin with the Beard...

halfling131 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
halfling131
halfling131 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27209
only lin has a neck...

or is harden's covered by his beard??

tehG l i d e is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfling131 View Post
only lin has a neck...

or is harden's covered by his beard??
yeah that's weird. looks it was cut and pasted in paint.

NL Rocket is online now Old 11-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
NL Rocket
NL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51934
Are u kidding me?? This is cheesy and Beard-sanity is just wrong. Fail

VanityHalfBlack is online now Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #16
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42029
LOL @ the beardsanity billboard....

topfive is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #17
topfive
Contributing Member
topfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex L. View Post

VanityHalfBlack is online now Old 11-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #18
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfive View Post

Oh boy, this is going to be epic/ photoshop time!!!!!

Stilldream'n34 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #19
Stilldream'n34
Stilldream'n34 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26247
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben69 View Post
Houston, we have a beard is horrible. It makes me angry that a marketing department for a professional sports team would use something so lame. If I took that to one of my creative directors then they would punch me in the face and laugh at me for being an idiot. Even cheer the beard or something along those lines is better than that.
Yes it's very cliche and over used but it's so easy to relate to not use. Being we live in Houston and you are addressing the Houston fan base. Also the connection of the Rockets nickname to the origin of the quote. (NASA)

topfive is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
topfive
Contributing Member
topfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4593
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben69 View Post
Sports franchise marketing departments rely on the familiar to get their point across quickly. They are rarely on the cutting edge.