ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

NBA issues first flopping violations
Tags:  2012, action, basketball, cavaliers, chicago, cleveland, flopping, fun, funny, league, minnesota timberwolves, nba, nba.com, sacramento Tags
sidestep is offline Old 11-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
sidestep
sidestep is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51924
The phrase 'committed a physical act' in the official violation report sounds quite odd.
Come to think of it, the word 'act' is short for 'action' but can be misread as fake 'acting' too, hehe.

Check out the vids. Sloan's 'physical act' is particularly funny.

Minnesota's Barea Receives Flopping Warning

With 10.04 remaining in the fourth period of the Minnesota vs. Sacramento game (Nov. 2) JJ Barea of the Timberwolves committed a physical act that was a flop under the League's rule on Flopping. He has received a warning in regards to this violation of the League's rule on Flopping.

VIDEO: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...and-replay.nba

Cleveland's Sloan Receives Flopping Warning
With 5.58 remaining in the fourth period of Cleveland's game vs. Chicago (Nov. 2), Donald Sloan of the Cavaliers committed a physical act that was a flop under the League's rule on Flopping. He has received a warning in regards to this violation.

VIDEO: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/11/05/dmo-sloan-play.nba

Sponsored Link
flamingdts is offline Old 11-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
To be fair, Sloan does look like he tripped off the screener's foot, though the rest of it was kind of selling it.

Shroopy2 is offline Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Shroopy2
Contributing Member
Shroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10896
Its nice that NBA.com itself is posting the videos of the offenses

MrButtocks is offline Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
MrButtocks
Contributing Member
MrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMrButtocks is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16215
Darius Morris had a pretty egregious one yesterday in the Lakers/Pistons game.

mfastx is offline Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
mfastx
mfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44404
Videos won't load for me for some reason.

mfastx is offline Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
mfastx
mfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44404
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfastx View Post
Accidently hit reply..

But anyway, I'm very happy to see the NBA actually following through with this (so far).

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Barea is a great high energy talent but he is also a notorious flopper.

Keep em coming, league!

More flops for the Flop God!

HMMMHMM is offline Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfastx View Post
Same here.

SI has them on youtube. http://nba.si.com/2012/11/05/floppin...ves-cavaliers/

Well deserved fines.

daernoth is offline Old 11-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
daernoth
daernoth is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25654
I actually didn't consider either of those worthy of a warning.

Barea didn't fall down. He just moved his head back to avoid being hit which seems reasonable to me. If he told the referees that he got hit in the face then at least you can say he was lying.

In the second one, Sloan did get tripped. The fact that he sold it a little still doesn't seem egregious to me.

heypartner is online now Old 11-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
yeah, the embarrassment of your violation being posted on nba.com is probably more preventative than the actual fine. I didn't expect them to post the videos. I like it.

JayGoogle is offline Old 11-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
I love that they are putting these out there lol.

"Hey everyone! Look at these floppers!"

HMMMHMM is offline Old 11-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207
Quote:
Originally Posted by daernoth View Post

Barea didn't fall down. He just moved his head back to avoid being hit which seems reasonable to me. If he told the referees that he got hit in the face then at least you can say he was lying.

In the second one, Sloan did get tripped. The fact that he sold it a little still doesn't seem egregious to me.
Players shouldn't act or try to sell anything. Just play ball.

heypartner is online now Old 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Let's keep posting them in this thread. All of them!!! haha

eddiewinslow is offline Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
eddiewinslow
eddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodeddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49010
Scola,battier,lebron on deck

Kim is offline Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
Kim
Contributing Member
Kim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #186
Barea punched himself in the face, lol.

Easy is offline Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #16
Easy
Contributing Member
Easy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6116
Guest the first star player: Blake Griffin.

SunsRocketsfan is offline Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #17
SunsRocketsfan
SunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by daernoth View Post

Umm noo.. Both are flops and I'm glad the nba is fining these fools. Both guys tried to embellish the contact to get a call. You don't see that in pick up games. You just play ball. Finally the league actually doing something positive.

CCorn is offline Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
CCorn
Contributing Member
CCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47978
Grif should get fined enough to support a decent sized town.

Occupy Unsorted

sidestep is offline Old 11-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
sidestep
sidestep is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51924
Until a superstar like Lebron is fined for flopping, I am skeptical that the rule is being equally applied. Right now I think they are just singling out mid and low tier players to make an example of them for everyone else.

heypartner is online now Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
heypartner
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidestep View Post
Until a superstar like Lebron is fined for flopping, I am skeptical that the rule is being equally applied. Right now I think they are just singling out mid and low tier players to make an example of them for everyone else.
Or the NBA warned the superstars that they would post their vids on nba.com, and the smart ones have stopped doing it...leaving on the mid and low tier players who need to flop to make a living.

That's just wishful thinking on my part, though.