ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner
NL Rocket is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
NL Rocket
NL Rocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineNL Rocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineNL Rocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51934
Meaningless but still at #18
Quote:
Houston (2-1)
Pace: 97.1 (9), Off: 98.4 (18), Def: 97.9 (11)
It didn't take long for James Harden to make us all regret our picks for the league's leading scorer. It didn't take long for Harden to cool off either. It's just a surprise that it came against the Blazers' defense, who held Harden to 8-for-24 on Saturday. Not so surprising is that the Rockets didn't have anybody who could pick up the slack. They need him to carry them every single night.
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt6c

Sponsored Link
NL Rocket is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
NL Rocket
NL Rocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineNL Rocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineNL Rocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #51934
ESPN: 16 -> Last Week: 21

Quote:
You only get one guess to work out who'll be named as the season's first Western Conference player of the week. But Jeremy Lin is Linning again, too, with GQ's November cover and the arrival of Beardsanity to help him share the spotlight and burden after a sluggish October.

AstroRocket is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
AstroRocket
AstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 1999
Member: #526
It seems a lot of the national media doesn't realize that Harden was dead-tired and playing on a hurt ankle for most of that game. Guess they didn't watch.

AstroRocket. Owner of the 300,000th Hangout post. Woohoo!

Your friendly neighborhood RATS (Rockets/Astros/Texans/Sooners) fan

Check out the ClutchFans wiki, NBA Social Media Index, Rockets game download links, NBA Championship Belt, and my twitter (lots of us CFers on there. Come join the #RedNation clique!)

MadMax is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
"Held to 24 points" is my favorite.

24 PPG would have landed you in the top 10 of all scorers in the NBA last year...and we're dismissing it like it's nothing. If Harden were averaging only 24 ppg right now, I'd still be thrilled with the move.

Da_Spark is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Da_Spark
Da_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDa_Spark is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34364
I'm no expert but why are the Hornets ranked 14th? Am i missing something?

kaitanuva is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
kaitanuva
kaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
"Held to 24 points" is my favorite.

24 PPG would have landed you in the top 10 of all scorers in the NBA last year...and we're dismissing it like it's nothing. If Harden were averaging only 24 ppg right now, I'd still be thrilled with the move.
When you're blitzing through competiton with 40+ppg, getting only 24 pts on bad FG% pretty much "being held to". Of course, it was not entirely due to the Blazers/Matthews' defense but fatigue also "held" Harden to 24 pts on 33% FG.

Fullcourt is online now Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Fullcourt
Contributing Member
Fullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28396
16-18 sounds about right.

MadMax is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitanuva View Post
When you're blitzing through competiton with 40+ppg, getting only 24 pts on bad FG% pretty much "being held to". Of course, it was not entirely due to the Blazers/Matthews' defense but fatigue also "held" Harden to 24 pts on 33% FG.
yeah...i don't think any of us expected him to continue averaging 40 ppg though. that's kind of my point. he's held to 24, and 24 in itself isn't awful. granted, he didn't have a good game on 8-24 shooting, to be sure. i just think it's funny because i heard the words "held to" and "contained" to describe what the Blazers did to Harden...and if that's truly the case, this guy is an MVP waiting to happen.

sando is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
sando
sando is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27014
I'm not surprised they project us to be the best of the non-playoff teams - again.

DonatasFanboy is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Spark View Post
I'm no expert but why are the Hornets ranked 14th? Am i missing something?
they are winning despite missing key players.

I never take an easy path. Easy paths are for quoters. - Donatas Motiejunas

MKL is offline Old 11-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
MKL
MKL is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51711
Knicks ranked #2, lose all credibility.

kaitanuva is offline Old 11-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
kaitanuva
kaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKL View Post
Knicks ranked #2, lose all credibility.
When you beat Miami you get +1000 bonus points

Castor27 is offline Old 11-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Castor27
Castor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneCastor27 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2134
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroRocket View Post
Guess they didn't watch.
I blame ComCast

torocan is offline Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
torocan
torocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52386
We're moving up multiple spots in the first week... and not 1 or 2 spots, but 3 and 5 spots. Those are HUGE moves considering Harden got here only TWO days before the pre-season.

And before the Harden trade we were being slotted in the 25-28 spots.

It should only get better from here.

Karolik is offline Old 11-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #15
Karolik
Karolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44968
These rankings are going to look wayyy difference at the end of the season.

redlawn is offline Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #16
redlawn
redlawn is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #51939
Both the Bobcats and the Cavs are ahead of the Suns

"For 20 games he was one of the best in the league and he was dominating from the headlines to even on the basketball court. So you can't discount that he'll never be able to do it, because not only did he do it, he did it at the highest level possible."

"Let a thousand flowers bloom"

alethios is offline Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
alethios
alethios is Omer Asik -- working the boardsalethios is Omer Asik -- working the boardsalethios is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32552
Quote:
Originally Posted by NL Rocket View Post
I agree that we need more consistent scoring options than Harden if we're going to have shot at a winning record. Otherwise, it will be a long season and the pro-tankers will come out of hiding.

jscmedia is offline Old 11-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
jscmedia
Contributing Member
jscmedia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjscmedia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #118
Expect Harden to be in the 25 ppg range this season.

yes thank you.

OremLK is online now Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscmedia View Post
Expect Harden to be in the 25 ppg range this season.

yes thank you.
I think he will end up somewhere between 24 and 28ppg.

RocketRed4life is offline Old 11-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #20
RocketRed4life
RocketRed4life is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51520
I expect him to average 31.7 ppg this season...my expectations are very high since we all know what hes capable of..