Poll: How Soon Will we Know who Won?
Poll Options
How Soon Will we Know who Won?

How Soon Will we Know who Won?
Tags:  election, obama Tags
rocketsjudoka is offline Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
rocketsjudoka
Contributing Member
rocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24870
I was going to post this in the "What Happens on Election Day" thread but this is a slightly different questions because depending on how things play out, when the polls close, and reporting the answer could very widely on when we know who won.

If one Obama wins FL it could be over very early but if Romney wins Ohio and either PA or WI it could be over early the other way.

OTOH if Romney wins Ohio but doesn't capture PA or WI then we could be waiting to see how CO breaks.

Also it is likely that with this close of an election we are going to be waiting quite a while for reporting of all the votes in many states.

Looming out there though is a big question about what happens with challenges, recounts and possible lawsuits and if this is very close we could see no clear winner for months.

Finally the most unlikely but still possible situation is an electoral tie. Then we wouldn't know the winner until at least early January with likely a lot of litigation.

"Until then though I am still and will remain a Rockets fan even if zombie Joe Stalin was the coach. "

Help Typhoon Rebuilding in the Philippines
http://www.fil-minnesotan.org/

or if you don't like helping people
http://www.reverbnation.com/theserfs

Last edited by rocketsjudoka; 11-05-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Sponsored Link
bobmarley is offline Old 11-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
bobmarley
Contributing Member
bobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13144
Please no to the months later option.

1st loser 2011-2012 DonnyMost NFL Pick 'Em
Winner 2009 Clutchfan's Second Chance NFL Pick 'Em

A_3PO is offline Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
A_3PO
A_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17945
We should know in short order this time unless FL, OH and PA are too close to call early on. If Romney finishes within striking distance, wouldn't surprise me if Republicans file lawsuits over [whatever] to demand a recount/toss votes from districts that don't favor them/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
[Chris] Paul will flop maybe once or twice a game

jopatmc is offline Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_3PO View Post
We should know in short order this time unless FL, OH and PA are too close to call early on. If Romney finishes within striking distance, wouldn't surprise me if Republicans file lawsuits over [whatever] to demand a recount/toss votes from districts that don't favor them/etc.

ROFL

The Dems are already filling suits in Florida. Get real man.

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

rocketsjudoka is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
rocketsjudoka
Contributing Member
rocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24870
For full disclosure I voted "Wednesday day". I think it is going to be close in a few states requiring counting probably into Wednesday.

"Until then though I am still and will remain a Rockets fan even if zombie Joe Stalin was the coach. "

Help Typhoon Rebuilding in the Philippines
http://www.fil-minnesotan.org/

or if you don't like helping people
http://www.reverbnation.com/theserfs

leroy is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
leroy
Contributing Member
leroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5178
I went late Tuesday night/early Wed morning. This is one of my favorite nights of tv every 4 years. I love the coverage, even with as cheesy as much of it has gotten.

RocketMan Tex is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
RocketMan Tex
Contributing Member
RocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #97
So who is throwing an election return watching party this year?

Air Langhi is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Well according to jopatmc, bobmarley, commodore, Bigtexx, TJ, basso etc. we already know Mitt Romney won. No need to waste time counting votes. Even if those votes say Obama they really meant Romney. Who would would want to vote for a Muslim communist from Kenya who is trying to usurp the presidency from the great American, Mitt Romney.

jopatmc is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Fox news, the most balanced of the news sources, is pumping the idea that this is a close, close race and it may not be decided for days.

Has everyone forgotten their sense? Has everyone forgotten what the #1 issue is in this election? Has everyone forgotten the EXTREME dissatisfaction by the electorate with current economic conditions??

It'll be over early Wednesday morning or before.

RocketMan Tex is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
RocketMan Tex
Contributing Member
RocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopatmc View Post
Fox news, the most balanced of the news sources...
Drop the crack pipe and slowly back away....

bobmarley is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
bobmarley
Contributing Member
bobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebobmarley is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Langhi View Post
Well according to jopatmc, bobmarley, commodore, Bigtexx, TJ, basso etc. we already know Mitt Romney won. No need to waste time counting votes. Even if those votes say Obama they really meant Romney. Who would would want to vote for a Muslim communist from Kenya who is trying to usurp the presidency from the great American, Mitt Romney.
Nobody already knows. The more you guys say stupid stuff and try to ridicule other voters the more I could care less to vote for your guy.

bobmarley is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
bobmarley
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMan Tex View Post
Drop the crack pipe and slowly back away....
Is that all you can say? The guy says he likes a certain news channel and you make a joke about him smoking crack. Real classy.

The Cat is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
The Cat
Contributing Member
The Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2000
Member: #1090
Probably 10 or 11 tomorrow night, Houston time. I think most people will effectively know at 9 p.m., once California and the West Coast states close. But Obama likely needs at least one of OH/VA/FL to clinch, and my guess is those states will be close enough that networks won't want to "call it" until 90% or so of the vote is in... which will probably take until close to midnight out there.

peleincubus is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
peleincubus
peleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the pointspeleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the pointspeleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the pointspeleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the pointspeleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarley View Post
Nobody already knows. The more you guys say stupid stuff and try to ridicule other voters the more I could care less to vote for your guy.
i know right. my vote depends on people joking around on a message board to. and im fed up with the remarks.

bobmarley is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
bobmarley
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by peleincubus View Post
i know right. my vote depends on people joking around on a message board to. and im fed up with the remarks.
It doesn't depend it just raises my empathy level towards their candidate.

leroy is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
leroy
Contributing Member
leroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5178
Quote:
Is that all you can say? The guy says he likes a certain news channel and you make a joke about him smoking crack. Real classy.
Geeze. Relax.

Did I just tell someone who goes by "bobmarley" that he needs to relax? Weird.

jopatmc is offline Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
jopatmc
Contributing Member
Quote:

I couldn't care less about trying to convince you to vote for my guy. I'm simply stating what is going to happne.

CrazyDave is offline Old 11-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #18
CrazyDave
Contributing Member
CrazyDave is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCrazyDave is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCrazyDave is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCrazyDave is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCrazyDave is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCrazyDave is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCrazyDave is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCrazyDave is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8203
Quote:
To lead with that about Fox was obviously asking for it in trollish fashion.

The outrage at the response is equally genuine.

R0ckets03 is offline Old 11-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #19
R0ckets03
Contributing Member
R0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 1999
Member: #977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopatmc View Post
Fox news, the most balanced of the news sources,

Harrisment is offline Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
Harrisment
Contributing Member
Harrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2679
Quote:
I think you mean couldn't care less. Unless you do really care to vote for Obama? In which case, glad you've seen the light!

2013 Clutchfans NFL Survivor Champion