ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

First Time Experience From Lower Bowl
Tags:  awesome, basketball, comcast, fail, fun, houston rockets, lofs, lol, nba, taiwan, tickets, video Tags
Genesis is offline Old 11-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Genesis
Contributing Member
Genesis is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46468
Hey guys, just wanted to share with ya my first experience sitting on the lower bowl during the Rockets home opener. I usually sit 409-410, or 426-427. My wife got me tickets to sit in section 125 . My whole group was rockin the beards!

10 Observations
1) Holy effin cow, that new video scoreboard is awesome.

2) You would think with these more expensive seats, there would be more fans wearing rockets gear... sadly not the case.

3) Sat on the other side of the Rowdies, can hear you guys loud and clear. Was it me or was the sound board operator off tonight?

4) *Obligatory FU to Comcast comment.

5) Sat next to a douchebag and his gf. He didn't rise for National Anthem, and when the salute to the arm forces came out during one of the time outs, the guy just sat there while everyone cheered. He looked like DMo's brother.

6) The entire two rows in front of me consist of LOFs carrying what I assume was Taiwan's flag. I'm as big a Lin supporter as anyone, but I root for team first and then players... but thats just me.

7) No one really chants in lower bowl. In my section it was just me and 2 rocket brothers from another mother chanting.

8) Looking around after half time, notice alot of empty lower bowl seats. There should be a policy where if you are not at your seat by half time, someone from upper bowl can take your place.

9) Mchale doesn't really coach, from the times I watched him. It's alot of exasperated gestures and... thats it... lol. But then again this is my first time actually paying attention to bench area so maybe all coaches are like that. Not calling a timeout on the final play btw, wow... huge fail on McHale.

10) Overall my group had a blast minus the final score. Honestly however, I believe I would have more fun sitting back in 400s... even though the view was nice!

**Pics to come if you guys care.

Sponsored Link
Kam is online now Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
I care. It's good to hear fans perspective of the game.

Before clicking on your thread, I already knew what was going to be addressed, and lo and behold, I damn near nailed them all.

Did not see the comcast blast coming. That got me.

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

Kwame is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
Kwame
Contributing Member
Kwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to share with ya my first experience sitting on the lower bowl during the Rockets home opener. I usually sit 409-410, or 426-427. My wife got me tickets to sit in section 125 . My whole group was rockin the beards!

10 Observations

2) You would think with these more expensive seats, there would be more fans wearing rockets gear... sadly not the case.

3) Sat on the other side of the Rowdies, can hear you guys loud and clear. Was it me or was the sound board operator off tonight?

5) Sat next to a douchebag and his gf. He didn't rise for National Anthem, and when the salute to the arm forces came out during one of the time outs, the guy just sat there while everyone cheered. He looked like DMo's brother.

6) The entire two rows in front of me consist of LOFs carrying what I assume was Taiwan's flag. I'm as big a Lin supporter as anyone, but I root for team first and then players... but thats just me.

7) No one really chants in lower bowl. In my section it was just me and 2 rocket brothers from another mother chanting.

8) Looking around after half time, notice alot of empty lower bowl seats. There should be a policy where if you are not at your seat by half time, someone from upper bowl can take your place.

9) Mchale doesn't really coach, from the times I watched him. It's alot of exasperated gestures and... thats it... lol. But then again this is my first time actually paying attention to bench area so maybe all coaches are like that. Not calling a timeout on the final play btw, wow... huge fail on McHale.

10) Overall my group had a blast minus the final score. Honestly however, I believe I would have more fun sitting back in 400s... even though the view was nice!

Lol, but, but, but McHale works so hard, how dare you criticize him in such a lazy way. He deserves better

LonghornFan is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Yeah, I went to StubHub and wanted to buy lower bowl club seats since I gave my suite tickets away. $300 a ticket? Lol, no thanks! Kinda why the lower bowl looked so empty, again. Get used to that atmosphere. It's not changed since TC opened. I also laughed whn they announced a sell out. OK, riiiight.

**** Comcash again. Will not even think about paying for a ticket or merchandise until this is fixed. I'll just watch the highlights and catch up on my phone. EAD Les.

Alex L. is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
Alex L.
Contributing Member
Alex L. is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51861
Pictures or it didn't happen!!

treyk3 is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
treyk3
Contributing Member
treyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32002
I wish the Rowdies would stop cheering Fear the Beard every time Harden shoots and start some MVP chants. For goodness sakes they were already chanting it in Atlanta.

LonghornFan is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
The Rowdies were a fun experiment when JVG put them together when TC was in it's first season. Now they're just irritating.

mrm32 is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
mrm32
mrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmrm32 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18270
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornFan View Post
The Rowdies were a fun experiment when JVG put them together when TC was in it's first season. Now they're just irritating.
My sentiments exactly.

They were brought in to help energize the crowd during a time where we had a dull ass fanbase. If the home opener was any indication of how this season will be, cheering will not be a problem.

While they were announcing the starting lineups Jeremy Lin got such a huge pop I was wondering why they didn't introduce him last no way they can top that. Needless to say after Harden came out, the building was as loudest as I've ever heard it. Even throughout the game. It really felt like a playoff game in there. So much electricity many fans cheering.

SuperStar is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
SuperStar
SuperStar is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSuperStar is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29917
Quote:

Surprised that there wasn't any China flags then they both can fight to claim Lin as their own. I think it's silly though since Lin is American and they probably are too so they should be waving the American flag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockieGuy09
What's your obsession with brains?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFox View Post
i am a young artist men

Genesis is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #10
Genesis
Contributing Member
Genesis is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
I care. It's good to hear fans perspective of the game.

Before clicking on your thread, I already knew what was going to be addressed, and lo and behold, I damn near nailed them all.

Did not see the comcast blast coming. That got me.
Comcrap propaganda was everywhere... irked me everytime I saw it.

kinein is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
kinein
kinein is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51768
Glad you shared this!~ This is a solid post! Next time pictures!! Or fan videos!

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #12
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
I'm sure section 125 is the best vantage point in the arena for judging a coach's performance.

xclearscreen is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #13
xclearscreen
Rookie
xclearscreen is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51972
Quote:

thanks for sharing your experience!

#6.. maybe they're not actual Rockets fans but felt like it would be fun to get together and show support for a fellow Taiwanese-American on opening night.

#9.. Mchale enjoys the games over practices. let him enjoy opening night. lol

ihatekobe is offline Old 11-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
ihatekobe
ihatekobe is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2011
Member: #48493
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornFan View Post
Yeah, I went to StubHub and wanted to buy lower bowl club seats since I gave my suite tickets away. $300 a ticket? Lol, no thanks! Kinda why the lower bowl looked so empty, again. Get used to that atmosphere. It's not changed since TC opened. I also laughed whn they announced a sell out. OK, riiiight.

**** Comcash again. Will not even think about paying for a ticket or merchandise until this is fixed. I'll just watch the highlights and catch up on my phone. EAD Les.
The game really was sold out. I went to about 30 games last year and did not see it anywhere near as crowded as it was during the opener.About every seat in the upper bowl was gone from what I seen In fact I haven't seen Toyota center that crowded since game 6 against Portland in the playoffs. The only open seats were a couple rows in the club sections. Which they are always open because some rich bastards have season tickets there and never show up. And I sat it 117 and let me tell you I had some crazy ass mo for sitting next to me. People were going crazy. I had this grandma behind me who was going nuts. She was about 80 years old.

slickster is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #15
slickster
slickster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52480
Quote:

10 Observations

Hmm, it almost seems like you didn't have a very good time with all of the complaints?

Horry4theWin is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #16
Horry4theWin
Horry4theWin is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49932
Quote:

10 Observations

Were you in that section with the lady holding the PRC flag? lol I saw that on TV.

highlander3128 is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #17
highlander3128
highlander3128 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2008
Member: #31733
Quote:

10 Observations

Not sure if just only me, I do care about the pics....

HOU_ROCKETS1 is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #18
HOU_ROCKETS1
HOU_ROCKETS1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52650
y u no put pics? >:/

DreamShook is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
DreamShook
DreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
Quote:

Most Coaching is done during practice. On Game day it's all about reminding players what the learned during practice and Player substitutions.

bread and budin is offline Old 11-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #20
bread and budin
bread and budin is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47315
Quote:

Not to be a bummer here, but you even said they you are rocking the beard for 1 player yet your commenting about how these guys shouldn't be waving a flag for 1 player..

Watching something is a subjective experience, its not really supposed to be something that you and everyone else that is watching need to experience in the same way - some people buy tickets to give to clients, some buy tickets to root for 1 player, some buy tickets to drink at the bar, some actually go to a game to watch the team, or diagnose plays. To better enjoy your own experience, forget about all of this stuff and just enjoy the moment you are there in the most enjoyable way you can!