ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Season in Minnesota. 2013 edition: Ricky, K-Love & B-Roy comeback thread
Tags:  basketball, brandon roy, comeback, epic thread, kevin love, minnesota, nba, rick adelman, ricky rubio Tags
_RTM_ is offline Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
_RTM_
_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44396
Certainly a team to watch this season.

Rubio proved that he is a valuable contributor, that can turn a team around Love (with Rick on the bench) into a playoff contender.

Kevin became an elite player in this league, Minny is deep at every position and Brandon Roy, one the league's most positive players, came out of retirement and looks good enough even for Adelman, who said that he is gonna use him for 30-32 minutes every night

They are playing true team basketball, they are exciting, they are white (racism?), they are smart, they are young and experienced at the same time and they are going to have a breakout season despite all those injuries.

Probably, the most epic thread on the Dish this year is officially started

He doesn't deserve to get paid for this. He is a liability and the worst coach in franchise history. And the word "coaching" is a compliment for what he is doing in Houston

Sponsored Link
_RTM_ is offline Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
_RTM_
_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards

He doesn't deserve to get paid for this. He is a liability and the worst coach in franchise history. And the word "coaching" is a compliment for what he is doing in Houston

713 is offline Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2011
Member: #48858
Bottom Feeder again. City/Team is cursed. There not winning anything for the next decade. Kevin Love can't wait to leave from my sources.

apollo33 is offline Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
apollo33
apollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
That team looks great if all healthy and they have a great coach

Should make a noise in the league if they can stop getting injured

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

tofu-- is offline Old 11-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
I'm just glad to see Brandon Roy playing again. Love his game.

Codman is offline Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
Codman
Contributing Member
Codman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2698
Meh...I'll only follow them to see the beauty of Rick's offense.

Other than that, I'm not convinced.

WOuldn't it be nice if Kevin could actually coach like Rick though?

Pieman2005 is offline Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
Pieman2005
Pieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43599
Smh in before the "Kevin Love is overrated" posts.. and nostalgic Scola stepping youtube videos.

Germany - 7
Brazil - 1

My autographed Trevor Ariza jersey isn't useless anymore!

_RTM_ is offline Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
_RTM_
The first game is important, especially against Sacramento. It's going to set the tone, too bad it's almost in the same time with Rockets game

_RTM_ is offline Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
_RTM_
Kings are looking like a D-League team, Bobcats re-make for sure. Horrible display, Minny is dominating

_RTM_ is offline Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
_RTM_
It should be a much easier win, but anyway, that's what you expected

Roy looked nice, he was moving way better than in the end of that Portland season. He wasn't able to put that shots in, but he's going to be OK at least in the first weeks of the season, when they need to be mediocre at best.

HMMMHMM is offline Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207

It will only be a matter of time before Derrick Williams gets traded.

Maybe the Rockets can facilitate a deal.

_RTM_ is offline Old 11-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
_RTM_
Wonderful comeback by Minny today. Nets were red hot from three through first 3Q's, but they weren't playing as good as their lead was (up to 22 points). Wolves stood to their gameplan, fought till the end and crushed Brooklyn in the fourth to get a W. This team really reminds our Rick's Rockets, and Adelman ate Avery alive

forsythtroy is online now Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
forsythtroy
Contributing Member
forsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12561
As much as his Jazz days made me want to puke, Kirilenko is looking like a solid pick up for them.

tinman is offline Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codman View Post
Meh...I'll only follow them to see the beauty of Rick's offense.

Other than that, I'm not convinced.

WOuldn't it be nice if Kevin could actually coach like Rick though?
great spacing. saw the game on nbatv last night.

chase was knocking down clutch 3s.

WNBA is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
WNBA
WNBA is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodWNBA is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5973
Derek Williams for White and Dmo. One black for two whites.

GreatOne1978 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
GreatOne1978
GreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46641
this team is heading for the lottery again

kovacs242 is offline Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #17
kovacs242
kovacs242 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkovacs242 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46041
3-1 without Love and Rubio. Completely destroyed Orlando today.

Rubio and Kirilenko will cause nightmares for offenses.

tehG l i d e is offline Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #18
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
Minny seems to be the trendy team for a lotta people now.

gregas is offline Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #19
gregas
gregas is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2011
Member: #48527
They're young and extremely talented. I really don't understand why would anybody call them bottom feeders. When they get their guys back and if they stay relatively healthy, they're reaching PO easily. Well assembled, talented team with a great coach. What's not to like.

kovacs242 is offline Old 11-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #20
kovacs242
kovacs242 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkovacs242 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46041
This is a reason why there are people excited for Minny.

Also they are a likeable squad with a pretty awesome coach.