ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Harden's Debut Means Party Just Getting Started in Houston
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston, houston rockets, james harden, nba Tags
Clutch is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3308/j...tting-started/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Ricksmith is online now Old 11-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #41990
Beard me.

BigBenito is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
BigBenito
BigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7020
Great, now I want a twix bar.

LonghornFan is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Things are a changin' in Houston, TX. Wish I could witness it live on my television every night they play.

tinman is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Did I mention there’s a maximum contract slot soon to be available? I strongly suspect the stigma that has plagued the Rockets the past few years is ancient history and young, up-and-coming players could now eye Houston as a top NBA location for the coming years.
You think this slot is available for an elite forward?

Fullcourt is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Fullcourt
Contributing Member
Fullcourt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFullcourt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFullcourt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFullcourt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFullcourt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28396
Woohoo!

pippendagimp is online now Old 11-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
as a longtime fan as well, i have to admit i have not been so excited about the rockets in several years. and even as just a fan of basketball in general, harden is an exciting and intriguing prospect. his skill level, bball IQ, and overflowing confidence are scary. to my eyes it almost looks like when tmac left vince. with his playmaking ability, harden really could eventually end up being better than durant.

basso is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
basso
Contributing Member
basso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbasso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbasso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbasso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbasso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbasso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbasso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbasso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbasso is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2002
Member: #4091
nice article, and i agree about the excitement. also think the chemistry between Lin, Parsons, and Harden will (continue to) be something to watch.

still wondering about the decision to waive Livingston, when it's so obvious the team needs someone in that role, and he seemed like a good fit.

flamingdts is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
Morey's approach should be what the NBA is about, winning and smart management. Not mindless tanking and perpetual lottery.

If the NBA were to ever change their lottery system to discourage tanking, Morey would be way ahead of everyone else.

I really do hope Moreyball works out (it's incomplete at the moment), would really set a new benchmark to good management.

DarkHorse is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
DarkHorse
Contributing Member
DarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #839
Last night made me forget all about that Toronto pick.

Wow.

Good job as always, Clutch.

whoisray is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #11
whoisray
Contributing Member
whoisray is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5471
I like how you tied in the previous teams and their reasons for not keeping the players we have. There will be a lot of finger pointing around the league if we struck gold with this group.

durvasa is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Quote:
Originally Posted by basso View Post
nice article, and i agree about the excitement. also think the chemistry between Lin, Parsons, and Harden will (continue to) be something to watch.

still wondering about the decision to waive Livingston, when it's so obvious the team needs someone in that role, and he seemed like a good fit.
We can definitely use another veteran ball-handler, but I assume it had something to do with clearing cap space and adding "roster flexibility". I'm sure Carl Herrera or BimaThug can provide a more detailed explanation.

eman is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
eman
Contributing Member
eman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodeman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5302
Free TJ!

dobro1229 is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #14
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
We can definitely use another veteran ball-handler, but I assume it had something to do with clearing cap space and adding "roster flexibility". I'm sure Carl Herrera or BimaThug can provide a more detailed explanation.
2.5 Mil in additional cap space this year. Waiving Douglas instead would have cost the Rockets much more in cap space. It might cost the Rockets a win or two this year if Douglas cant give Lin a 15 minute break every night, but that extra cap space could be the breaking point in aquiring another key piece in a deadline deal. Those 2 or 3 additional losses they might accrue by having a lesser PG this season could end up being a great tradeoff if the Rockets are able to make another major splash at the deadline.

count_dough-ku is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
count_dough-ku
Contributing Member
count_dough-ku is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodcount_dough-ku is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2002
Member: #3795
I was on the tanking bandwagon, but that was so they could get a high draft pick and draft a potential superstar. They were able to bypass that step and avoid a 20-30 win season thanks to the Harden acquisition. Granted, they did give up some draft picks, so they're left with fewer tradeable assets, but now they have a budding superstar to build around.

Now they can make a run at the playoffs and try to add to the team through additional trades and free agent signings. I don't know who'll be available at the trade deadline or in the upcoming offseason, but who ever expected James Harden to fall into our laps?

gifford1967 is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #16
gifford1967
Contributing Member
gifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10674
Hallelujah!

Lorenzomax7 is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
Lorenzomax7
Rookie
Lorenzomax7 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52174
Lin Harden the terrorism of amazing basketball...

rocketblood713 is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
rocketblood713
rocketblood713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketblood713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48769
Who wouldnt want to come play with that beard !

The_Yoyo is offline Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
The_Yoyo
Contributing Member
The_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2001
Member: #3378
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingdts View Post
Morey's approach should be what the NBA is about, winning and smart management. Not mindless tanking and perpetual lottery.

If the NBA were to ever change their lottery system to discourage tanking, Morey would be way ahead of everyone else.

I really do hope Moreyball works out (it's incomplete at the moment), would really set a new benchmark to good management.

The NBA has done its best to discourage tanking compared to other sports where worst team gets the #1 pick

I would probably go further and decrease the odds of the worst team and giving better odds (but not nearly as good of course) to the better non playoff teams and making the entire order be done by lottery instead of the first 3 picks.

zman2002 is offline Old 11-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #20
zman2002
zman2002 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #8857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Hey Clutch, KMart is still on the banner of your home page.