ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

If I have league pass will the game be blacked out?
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, nba Tags
_Astew_ is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
_Astew_
_Astew_ is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51748
I have NBA league pass online and was wondering if it will be blacked out. I'm in Huntsville. Last year I got every local Rockets game, but now with this TV fiasco I don't know what the rules are.

Sponsored Link
Beard is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Beard
Beard is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52483
Did you get rockets games on FSN last year on TV? Normally if you have the local channel that shows the games in your area it will be blacked out, so if you get CSN Houston (or if its in your area), it should be blacked out. But if you got rockets games last year and it wasnt, then...idk

_Astew_ is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
_Astew_
Well like I said, I'm in Huntsville with Suddenlink cable provider. Last year we got all of the games on FSN, but this year the CSN network isn't available around here.

Ras137 is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Ras137
Contributing Member
Ras137 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRas137 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #37542
People as far as Lubbock are being blacked out with League Pass so Huntsville is quite a bit closer.

rocketier1 is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
rocketier1
rocketier1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #42260
I live in Waco and it showed all the Rockets games except any games with spurs for some reason.

_Astew_ is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
_Astew_
Well that is a shame. Thank you for the info!

J.R. is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Mr. Tad Brown(Rockets president) was asked about this this morning.

Quote:
Any clarity on where league pass fits in with this whole thing?

My understanding is not locally, no. The blackout restrictions would take place locally.
I'm guessing you'll be blacked out, just about like everyone else. But at least you can keep on calling your cable provider.

Beard is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Beard
Beard is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52483
my question is how were you not blacked out last year?

_Astew_ is offline Old 10-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
_Astew_
I didn't need to use NBA league pass seeing as every game was on FSN.

GMNot is offline Old 10-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
GMNot
GMNot is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGMNot is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4817
To me, black out rules are insane. The population of Houston is what? And the arena can hold how many? Just insane. Ditto for all NBA black out rules. I think there will always be enough people who like to attend games and party as opposed to sitting at home to watch.

In the Bryan-College Station area I've gotten all Fox Sports Houston games as a channel included in my subscription to DirecTV the past few years. If they come to some agreement and the "new" channel isn't included anymore... if I have to pay for the regional sports package or League Pass, I'll be ticked off. It will be a downgrade in the product I'm buying.

j_shooter11 is offline Old 10-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
j_shooter11
j_shooter11 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32021
i posted this in other thread but u can just download an ip blocker and then that should allow u to use the league pass broadband. i live in college station and just downloaded one and my rocket game went from just an audio option to now showing i have the option to watch so this should work