1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Rockets Tank in New Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, Aug 23, 2012.

?

Should Rockets Tank in New Season?

1. Yes, Rockets should tank in the new season to get a lottery draft

49.8%
  2. No, Rockets should try its best no matter what

43.0%
  3. I have no clue

7.2%
  1. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

This team doesn't have hope to be in playoffs in the coming season. It's time to tank again!

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

The roster should just go out and play hard every night and compete and let the chips fall where they may.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

this hasn't been talked about, 5 star thread.

4. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

thank you money, you are the best!

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So you think guys will kill their own careers so the team can have a higher pick.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Exactly. These guys are natural competitors. They have there pride. They are never going to intentionally tank. They are going to compete and try to give the fans something to root for.

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Soft tanking - let the rookies compete by giving them minutes no matter they perform well or not.

8. skyline07

skyline07 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1W7c8QghPxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

so, if letting your rookies play no matter how well or not is called "soft tanking" then what is "hard tanking"...telling them whoever scores the most gets the most minutes?

10. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

I don't think no NBA team EVER intentionally tanked try telling D Mo, Lamb, Lin, etc oh lets tank

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

we will/should play as hard as we can..but this team sucks so bad that we won't need to TRY to lose, we just will. but i want to see our rookies + lin,parsons,asik, patterson, morris try to really give it their all and i want them to try to improve over the course of the 82-game season..if they don't improve, what's the point of even having them?
    play hard, put up numbers, try to build chemistry, don't need to worry about winning right now, competing for a championship should not be our top concern right now..it needs to be improving to a point where we CAN compete for that championship.

12. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Someone please explain how do you "Tank" you just tell guys to suck so we get high lotto piicks and this is a stupid question of course play hard Lin is not suppose to?

13. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

tankers go support bobcats or wizards please

14. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

This, I hope we do go down this road and dont just load the minutes onto our few vets

15. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

For me tanking is more of a management philosophy. Of course I want the young guys to go out there and compete to the best of their abilities. What I don't want is Morey to try to find a quick fix to make us more "competitive."

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they're gonna tank weather they want to or not.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I dunno what Tank Weather is but it sure as hell sounds like its that kind of season in Houston.

(Oh shut up. It's not every day you can come up with a double entendre like that!)

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

IMO, "hard tanking" would be playing to lose, such as asking Greg Smith to jack up 3 pointers. :grin:

19. Raven

Raven Member

For the one millionth time, tanking simply means no band aids, no second tier stars, trade K-Mart for a pick, play the kids, that's it.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I like this thread for the development of the terms 'hard' and 'soft' tanking

Would say to go for it in preseason and let it all out. Treat the first 20 games of season as playoffs and see where the team is at 20-30 games in.