1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Useless Jobs...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tree-Mac, Aug 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

What useless jobs can you think of? Here is one that I want to bring up. I'll put more if I can think of another one.

1. The Wheel of Fortune lady who touches the screens. The letters show up without her touching when a contestant solves a puzzle. So why the hell do they hire a person to touch those screens for the letters to appear?:confused:

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The person at Walmart who checks your returns at the entrance / takes an inordinate amont of time because they are usually over 100 and don't understand 'this darned scanner thing'

Every other store just trusts that you will walk to the returns counter. It does seem that walmart has eliminated this position recently, though.

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

There was a time when she did have to turn the letters. The producers are not gonna fire a piece of eye candy just because technology has advanced.
    [​IMG]

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

wal-mart greeters...

i dont need no stinkin 80 year old lady telling me have a good day everytime i walk into the store...

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The bathroom attendant. I'm actually weirded out by having some guy give me soap and towels.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

I was about to say this. Absolutely the most pointless job and it's awkward as **** too.

Seriously what is the point?

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Door greeters are suppose to be theft deterrents, you don't know how easy it is to load up a shopping cart and just walk out with it scotch free. Same thing with those people at frys and best buy.

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Weathermen. I've got an app for that.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So there is a witness when you **** up their bathroom because your ass **** drunk.

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

That guy that stands behind that Mcdolnalds on 529 that always tells you to undress and let him check you for sexy cancer before you go in.....am i the only one that thinks this is a useless job?

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

texas governor since ann richards left office.

2 people like this.
  12. joesr

joesr Member

useless to whom? The job or the person who has a job when they probably wouldnt work elsewhere?:eek:

13. joesr

joesr Member

so thats who got hired over me!!!

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Rockets parade coordinator

1 person likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Useless? Thanks to his persistence I know I'm cancer free.

Shoe salesman aren't useless, but I hate it when they try to put the shoes on for me.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

The security at the gates of reliant stadium. They search you for maybe 10 seconds and half the time they don't even contact with you.

17. mclawson

mclawson Member

Astros playoff ticket salesman.

Brad Mills, er, I mean Tony DeFrancesco.

People that stand on the road and hold signs for stores going out of business, gold buyers, etc.

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

My girlfriend is visiting New Jersey and she says there are gas pump attendants. It's illegal to pump your own gas there, and nobody even knows how to do it. That job is so pointless. I mean really, how hard is it to pump your own gas?

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, some moron blew himself up smoking a cigarette while pumping gas- so there's a statewide ban on self-service gas. It's nice in the winter time- although it can be a pain in the ass when there's one attendant who only speaks Russian trying to run an entire station.

Most people know how to pump though, simply because you have to know how to do it if you ever want to go to the other 49 states.