1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Romney is the Moneyball Choice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Sounds about right.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Rockets VP did too. I don't care what anybody thinks about this; the issues involved in this election are too important and I can't support a supporter of Romney. I'm days away from handing in my almost 40 year old Rockets Fan Club card or just throwing it in the trash. I don't cheer for assholes.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

For what it's worth, the VP is no longer with the Rockets. http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=220116

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I didn't realize so many Americans were a-holes simply because they have differing politcal views.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I threw away my Rockets Fan Club card when I discovered Clutch the Bear lobbied for abolishing taxes on birthday cakes and oversized props.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The owner is a vegan agnosti-Jew, I think you can keep your card.

8. redlawn

redlawn Member

I am absolutely flabbergasted. Completely shocked.

How does Morey--a statistical moneyball guy--support a platform that is typically anti-education, anti-science, anti-intelligence, and anti-hard work?

Hmm...

2 people like this.
  9. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

That makes you an *******

10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't deny it.

11. cdastros

cdastros Member

He is just playing to the Season ticket holders.

12. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Actually didn't expect Morey to support Romney, see cuts on education and other things. Guess he's really all about making money.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Actually, as all of those things create wealth and white guys are good at them, Republicans support them all; they just think they should be competitively priced and rewarded (in a country of 300+ million people).

15. carlosc

carlosc Member

I'm surprised that it takes an $8,500 contribution to a guy who thinks the Garden of Eden is in Missouri for some of you to realize that Morey is an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

haters gonna hate missouri is beautiful

17. bloop

bloop Member

well economics isn't about numbers or anything

moralizing is the way to go

that's the advantage that God fearing Americans (and God negating Americans) have over those Chinese. they're trying to use their brains to stimulate their economy we're using our... whatever part of the body that makes us superior... funny bone maybe?

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I remember this blog post was posted a while back by Daryl Morey. Maybe sheds some insight into his political views, for those that are interested:

http://rwrld.blogspot.com/2008/09/zone-defense-strip-malls-with-real.html

[rquoter]
    Zone Defense: Strip Malls with Actual Strippers
    A guest post by Daryl Morey

For the second time ever, I have a guest blogger - and this one I did not have to sleep with as an inducement to post. My buddy Daryl has generously offered to write something for R World and I eagerly agreed. I've written about Daryl (in his first season as the Houston Rockets GM, the team put together the second longest winning streak in NBA history) and how much I enjoy him. Daryl is one person I never feel as though I have to slow down for when I'm engaged in conversation. He's quick, but he also loves big ideas, and he is not afraid to go deep or silly on any number of subjects. I'm delighted to share a little bit of him for you all here at R World. Enjoy!

As Ron has stated eloquently in his blog before (Rockets Win Again with Rookie GM), "I go where the data goes". This tendency, along with the fact that "I doubt the deep doubts" (Socrates) makes life a bit of an adventure as I might change a belief at any moment. To demonstrate my willingness to change, I will provide one recent anecdote.

First, a little background. I generally have libertarian views and believe the Guvment should basically only do roads, courts, police, the army, and tax externalities. Otherwise, stay out of our lives please.

When I moved to Houston, I was excited to hear they had no zoning. I was very curious to see how well this worked, independent folks finally able to make free choice in how to use land! Long story short, I have basically come to the conclusion that it does not work and the list of what Guvment should do is now reluctantly one longer.

Exhibit number one into evidence is probably this picture. This spot is about 4 miles from our house. The sex shop is apparent but what is not apparent is that the unlabeled building behind said shop is actually a Niemen Marcus that is connected to the most high end mall in the city. One stop shopping for sure!

Actually, it is not this particular arrangement that caused me to now support zoning, as I find it mostly humorous. What made me a supporter of zoning is the fact that nothing in Houston makes any logical sense and it contributes to a host of negative outcomes: longer commute times, confusion, and general waste of both public and private space.

[Editor's note: Daryl's post is, for those of you keeping score, the 800th here at R World.]
    [/rquoter]

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of the biggest problems with politics.

20. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Romney wants less government

Obama wants more government

Morey is voting for Romney because of this.