1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Daily News] Scott Machado doesn't have a case of Linsanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Jul 29, 2012.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

New York Daily is butt sore over Lin still....LOL

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-rockets-summer-league-team-article-1.1124290

Machado said he’s in discussion with several other NBA teams and it’s possible he never makes it to the Rockets training camp. The Rockets purged most of their roster after last season and lost unrestricted free agent Goran Dragic to Phoenix and traded Kyle Lowry to Toronto, making the team especially thin at point guard. Based on his senior season at Iona, when he led the nation in assists, Machado is confident in his ability to run a team. Machado also agreed with a reporter who suggested he probably had a better college career than Lin, who played at Harvard.

Machado is subdued and naturally polite, but in comments he made Saturday following a charity game, it was clear Machado is not as charmed with Lin as the Houston Rockets, who signed Lin to a back-loaded three-year $25 million contract earlier this month. “I feel like Jeremy Lin is a good player - nothing against his game - but I want to show my talent and be able to play there as well,” Machado said. “If I have to sit behind him for a little while then that’s fine, but hopefully one day I’ll be starting for an NBA team.”

“He’s shown what he could do, and like you said, I had a better college career than he did,” Machado said. “And he just got a chance to show what he can do. He’s more of a scorer, and I’m more of a real point guard. It would be fun for a while [backing Lin up], but I wouldn’t like it. I’d want to play. It’s a business and they’re going to do what they’re going to do.”

<hr>
    I thought the Rockets told Machado he had a real shot of making the team like <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=223054">the video he did with Clutch</a> but if this is how he feel DUECES BRO. He should be grateful we brought him in.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wait..hold on. Let me open up a can of care about what Machado thinks.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Panic thread is panicking.

Don't worry, he's not going anywhere unless the Rockets tell him to. With us he's got a slim chance, with others he has none.

4. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I don't get it.. He surely doesn't expect significant playing time first season as an undrafted rookie.

This smells of New York whining.

5. Dei

Dei Member

If he can outplay Lin, that'd be great. Otherwise, stfu.

6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

My point exactly lol

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Wow, did he forget that he was undrafted?

8. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

a player wanting to play, how dare he

non-story.

9. gah

gah Member

Reality check is coming soon for Machado, I wouldn't want to be there when he crashes against it.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Machado will never be a starter on a NBA team. This kid lives in fantasy land.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Is this what Machado really thinks though? LOL c'mon, dude was undrafted and entering his rookie year, now he's pissed Lin's playing in front of him? Secondly while he played good he didn't exactly light up the summer league, I don't think what he showed is enough to warrant starting position right out of the gate, I mean c'mon did he even put up a best player of the game performance?

My opinion is the paper asked very specific questions for this report ("How do you think your college career compared to Lin?"), considering the source of the paper i wouldn't put too much stock into this.

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Jeremy Lin had a better summer league than Machado.......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/whVEiYap1F4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

who the **** cares for Machado?

14. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

True but you really can't compare them. Machado was playing true point and trying to get the team involved. Lin was only worried about scoring. When you watch a game, people only remember the person who scores the most and not so much the set up man.

15. jocar

jocar Member

Dude wasn't even drafted, hasn't played a game yet, and already has TWill syndrome?

“He’s shown what he could do, and like you said, I had a better college career than he did,” Machado said.

Uhoh, Rin no rikey!
    (I'm asian, I can make these jokes :p)

Butthurt New Yorkers, for real.

[​IMG]

16. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Lots of players, drafted or undrafted, had better college careers than Lin and haven't managed to do what he did during Linsanity.

Still, this is a non-story.

17. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

No you can't. If anything, it shows internalized racism, like if black people called each other monkeys. At the very least, it's a bad joke that does not need to be propagated.

1 person likes this.
  18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Have fun in the Rio G Valley Machado. lol.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It would be nice if Machado could learn how to shoot first. Smh...