ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Local TV for Rockets new season
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, nba Tags
BornTexan is offline Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
BornTexan
Rookie
BornTexan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51898
FSN SW HD? Reckoning get a cable service.

Or NBA league pass will be enough to watch all rockets game?

Thanks

Sponsored Link
MadRox is offline Old 07-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
MadRox
MadRox is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMadRox is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43587
CSN Comcast SportsNet Houston

Young Prophet is offline Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Young Prophet
Young Prophet is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51512
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRox View Post
CSN Comcast SportsNet Houston
wait hold up, is that a channel i can get no matter who my provider is

or do i need to change to ****in comcast cable now!!!!!!!!!

R=$ is offline Old 07-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
R=$
R=$ is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15831
Will there be any free broadcasts on the local channels. Like channel 20?

ntitan06 is offline Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
ntitan06
ntitan06 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29817
I have Uverse and I want to know if im going to be able to watch Rockets games this year???? anyone with knowledge of this?

ElPigto is offline Old 07-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
ElPigto
ElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntitan06 View Post
I have Uverse and I want to know if im going to be able to watch Rockets games this year???? anyone with knowledge of this?
This is what I want to know. I'll be pissed if I can't catch Rockets games.

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning"

--- Morrie Schwartz ( Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom )

Rokman is offline Old 07-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Rokman
Rokman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRokman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32576
The games will be televised on Fox Sports Network Southwest (FSN Southwest)

Here is the link to the information -

http://blackpulse.net/houston-rocket...dule-released/

On a different note I have a bone to pick with whoever runs the Rockets teamsite.

Clutch,

You have contact with the Rockets Organization. Can you tell them that they need to update the roster page on their teamsite? It is almost always outdated and currently, it still states the following names still on the roster:

- Chase Budinger
- Marcus Camby
- Samuel Dalembert
- Goran Dragic
- Courtney Lee
- Kyle Lowry
- Luis Scola

Who the heck is in charge of that site??? It's pathetic! (SMH)

"Play like a man and shut up!"

Haymitch is offline Old 07-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
The Comcast channel will come into existence in October. Until then, it's anyone's guess who will carry it other than Comcast. Although, I would assume Uverse would carry it.

My provider, WaveVision, won't carry it for sure. So I'll likely get Comcast during the NBA season.

junk151 is offline Old 07-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
junk151
junk151 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46807
If you get NBA league pass and live in Houston would the games be blacked out since it's a local game?

poing is offline Old 07-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
poing
poing is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodpoing is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #48006
Quote:
Originally Posted by junk151 View Post
If you get NBA league pass and live in Houston would the games be blacked out since it's a local game?
Yes, all Rockets games are blacked out if you live in or around Houston.

Red.Glare is offline Old 07-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
Red.Glare
Red.Glare is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokman View Post

On a different note I have a bone to pick with whoever runs the Rockets teamsite.

Clutch,

You have contact with the Rockets Organization. Can you tell them that they need to update the roster page on their teamsite? It is almost always outdated and currently, it still states the following names still on the roster:

- Chase Budinger
- Marcus Camby
- Samuel Dalembert
- Goran Dragic
- Courtney Lee
- Kyle Lowry
- Luis Scola

Thanks for your post. I hope that means all games will still be available on FSN through Dish Network.

Nice Rollin is offline Old 07-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
Nice Rollin
Contributing Member
Nice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #17539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokman View Post

Clutch,

- Chase Budinger
- Marcus Camby
- Samuel Dalembert
- Goran Dragic
- Courtney Lee
- Kyle Lowry
- Luis Scola

Why update it? Leave it until the final roster is set

REDNINJA is offline Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
REDNINJA
REDNINJA is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51653
Quote:
Originally Posted by junk151 View Post
I thought we would get some games on My20

Dave2000 is offline Old 07-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
Dave2000
Contributing Member
Dave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2971
first off, its going to be on Comcast Sports Network, that link saying its on FSN have no clue about it, plus if you think that's a credible source, I believe Broussard's sources before that website.

at the Draft party, they heavily promoted the Comcast Sportsnet network, and gave fliers for a website to contact your provider to get it

http://www.iwantcsnhouston.com/

if you have any of the major carriers outside of Comcast(Dish Network/DirectTV), I'm 99% sure they will carry it. Its the smaller cable providers like Entouch, Phonoscope that may need to worry.

btw, roster looks updated to me.... (its been updated since 2 days ago when I was looking to confirm that Donatas' number is still 20)

what I'm curious about is it says Donatas is 20 but Lamb had 20 also at the press conference.....

Last edited by Dave2000; 07-28-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Ricksmith is offline Old 07-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #41990
What Dave said. Other cities with Comcast Sportsnet have it carried on other major providers. Dish, Directv, and U-Verse should all carry it.

UTAllTheWay is offline Old 07-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
UTAllTheWay
UTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36546
I'm going to be severely disappointed if I don't get Rockets games in my town. SEVERELY disappointed. I'm not paying for League Pass Broadband again.

rju1986 is offline Old 07-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
rju1986
rju1986 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47303
Merge Official Site and this one, ClutchFans.Net

Rockets Jones is offline Old 07-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Rockets Jones
Rockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31634
Let's hope the network will make watching even more fun. That FSN introduction video and music was getting annoying, always a very big scoreboard in the middle of the screen with a robotic / future look. I saw one CSN broadcast before and they had an amazing introduction video and the way the starting lineups were presented was great, they showed all 5 players standing together as a group with a video background and everything. Now get rid of Bullard and Drexler, bring Calvin back and stop with the lame nicknames. I can hear it now: "Ow man, Asik and destroy", "heheheheh, he sure is Bill".

josephnicks is offline Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #19
josephnicks
josephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #47394
http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/

http://www.iwantcsnhouston.com/

josephnicks is offline Old 07-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #20
josephnicks
josephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #47394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets Jones View Post
Let's hope the network will make watching even more fun. That FSN introduction video and music was getting annoying, always a very big scoreboard in the middle of the screen with a robotic / future look. I saw one CSN broadcast before and they had an amazing introduction video and the way the starting lineups were presented was great, they showed all 5 players standing together as a group with a video background and everything.
FSN has a cookie cutter template for every team they broadcast, all the replays, off-season promo ads were exactly the same across the nation.. anyone remember the ad with tmac-yao, and battier rising up from under the court, every team had an identical ad.. looking forward to the change. im just hoping that there are no issues with directv picking up this channel...