ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings
CheukLau is offline Old 07-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #1581
CheukLau
CheukLau is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49293
I forgot he is a Jazz now fine =__=. Too many players come up into the heads.

Sponsored Link
crash5179 is offline Old 07-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #1582
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullcourt View Post
Are you keeping a tally? No one knows what the 'Bynum deal' would entail, or a Howard deal either. They are just explaining what they think Howard is worth, this doesn't mean they prefer an Bynum deal.
no I was just responding to them. You are correct no one knows exactly what the deal would be in either scenario and there is little doubt that the actual deal will or would be different than the examples that I put up. I'm not even suggesting one deal over the other.

I'm just curious at what point people would perfer a Bynum deal over a D12 deal. I think all of us think D12 is better than Bynum. But would most prefer D12 even at the expense of most of most of our primary assets? I don't know.

jtr is offline Old 07-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #1583
jtr
Contributing Member
jtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49860
LOL. Just thought I would post the importance of Howard.

A josh Smith, Iggy and Howard are looking pretty good to me right now.

Last edited by jtr; 07-28-2012 at 04:36 PM.

jopatmc is offline Old 07-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #1584
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtr View Post
LOL. Just thought I would post the importance of Howard.

great graphic representation of Dwight's value.

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

J.R. is offline Old 07-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #1585
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Quote:
Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan still will not rule out his team beginning training camp Oct. 1 or the regular season Nov. 2 with Dwight Howard on its roster.

"As I've said all along, we're going to just continue to stay true to our process and let the process sort of dictate the opportunities and the scenarios that present themselves," Hennigan told the Orlando Sentinel in a telephone interview Saturday.

"We're going to have to be prepared across the board."

Howard still wants a trade — a point that Howard drove home during a meeting Wednesday in Southern California with Hennigan and Magic assistant general manager Scott Perry. Howard's agent, Dan Fegan, and Howard's manager, Kevin Samples, also attended the meeting, which the Magic requested.

Hennigan would not go into specifics, but he confirmed that he did not ask Howard on Wednesday to reconsider his trade request.

"We wanted to just go out and see Dwight and spend a little time with him and talk through a few things," Hennigan said. "We also wanted to check on his rehabilitation process, so it was more a chance for us to get out and get some face time with him and speak with him in person."

Bringing Howard to training camp would have some risks for the Magic.

Questions about the All-Star's future would loom over everything the team does. Those questions would make it more difficult for the team's first-year coach, Jacque Vaughn, and for Hennigan, a first-year GM, to create the kind of culture and team dynamic they hope to instill.

Hennigan might be using the possibility of Howard starting the season with the team as leverage to either get Howard to expand his list of preferred trade destinations or to get other teams to improve their offers.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-dwight-howard

OremLK is offline Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #1586
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
If Dwight caves and says 'I will re-sign in Houston' how much does that change what you are willing to give up? Does Lamb + Motiejunas suddenly become palatable?

ApolloRLB is online now Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #1587
ApolloRLB
ApolloRLB is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #45000
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
If Dwight caves and says 'I will re-sign in Houston' how much does that change what you are willing to give up? Does Lamb + Motiejunas suddenly become palatable?
Yes of course. People being upset at that point would remind me of the Knicks fans saying Mozgov was a deal breaker.

Maybe Dwight is an genius and he's driving down his value so the Rockets can afford a 2nd star

meh is offline Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #1588
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:
Actually, if Dwight Howard truly wants to re-sign with us, he should keep his hard line stance to make sure Houston gives up as little as possible to get him. And then make sure Morey knows and give Orlando just enough for Hennigan to bite.

But in terms of actual trade value of a Dwight Howard that will be under contract for the next 6 years? I would take on 3 of Orlando's contracts, offer them 3 of our youngsters, Toronto and Dallas pick plus our own. But basically give them whatever the hell they want. But it will never come down to this so it's a moot point.

Aleron is offline Old 07-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #1589
Aleron
Contributing Member
Aleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAleron is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46532
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Actually, if Dwight Howard truly wants to re-sign with us, he should keep his hard line stance to make sure Houston gives up as little as possible to get him. And then make sure Morey knows and give Orlando just enough for Hennigan to bite.
Orlando would probably have a tampering case to go to with that, but that being said, he doesn't need to tell Morey at this point to give up just enough, his public statements don't need a secret handshake.

Aruba77 is offline Old 07-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #1590
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
For me, I'd be willing to give up more of the rookies, but take back less contracts.

Fullcourt is offline Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #1591
Fullcourt
Contributing Member
Fullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba77 View Post
For me, I'd be willing to give up more of the rookies, but take back less contracts.
Yep. Maintaining flexibility after we acquire him is paramount for our ability to assemble a championship roster.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 07-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #1592
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Makes no difference to me. Key is still offering just a little more than the next highest bidder. If this does not make other teams increase their offers, why would Morey increase his?

Aruba77 is offline Old 07-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #1593
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
Makes no difference to me. Key is still offering just a little more than the next highest bidder. If this does not make other teams increase their offers, why would Morey increase his?
Totally agree. I just think as far as the structure of the deal, if guaranteed Dwight long-term, I'd rather give up more young talent than be saddled by some of these bad 3-yr contracts.

ApolloRLB is online now Old 07-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #1594
ApolloRLB
ApolloRLB is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #45000
Quote:
Hennigan saving face. Must also be a tick better than what one more season of Dwight is worth taking to him.

ClKent is offline Old 07-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #1595
ClKent
ClKent is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51882
Quote:
Some of you posters seem to have so much information to give on the Rockets. I was wondering if the feeling is Dwight would be moved any time soon, before the offseason is over, or is it trending towards the trade deadline? Basically whats the general feeling this is now headed. Thanks.

J.R. is offline Old 07-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #1596
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
http://www.diddwighthowardgettradedyet.com/

Nice job Magic fans

CheukLau is offline Old 07-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #1597
CheukLau
CheukLau is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49293
Hayes is on the list <<(5.7)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he is in front of McGee <<(5.5)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuku is offline Old 07-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #1598
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51720
I strongly oppose to a straight trade for D12, unless Morey has a clear exit plan for D12 as a rental.

Clutchfans need to stop fantasizing about DH12 re-sign with Houston if traded here! Do not underestimate D12's determination for not wanting to be here.

OremLK is offline Old 07-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #1599
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuku View Post
I strongly oppose to a straight trade for D12, unless Morey has a clear exit plan for D12 as a rental.

Clutchfans need to stop fantasizing about DH12 re-sign with Houston if traded here! Do not underestimate D12's determination for not wanting to be here.
Don't be stupid, Dwight doesn't care about us one way or the other. What he DOES care about is playing in a large market (already off the table) and getting a 5 year max deal. When all other options are closed he will settle for the Rockets simply because nothing better is on the table for him.

D12 fan is offline Old 07-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #1600
D12 fan
Rookie
D12 fan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51350
Like I said im all for Dwight as long as Morey has a plan to get a 2nd star.

Dwight will not leave a extra 30mil,and a legit wingman to play with.Our frontoffice is not like Orlando's we can actually build a team around Dwight.