ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Leaving Las Vegas: Rating the Rockets Rookies
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston, houston rockets, las vegas, nba Tags
Clutch is offline Old 07-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3005/h...summer-league/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
tofu-- is offline Old 07-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
Quote:
He does strike me as the type of undrafted point guard the Rockets like to invite to camp, cut, watch succeed somewhere else then bring back 7 months later for $25 million.
I lol'ed at that, Clutch.

Aruba77 is offline Old 07-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
very well written Clutch. Pretty much concur with everything you said. It was indeed a great week.

BigMaloe is offline Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
BigMaloe
Contributing Member
BigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50111
nice write up clutch... thanks for the contribution...

Ziggy is offline Old 07-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
Good stuff.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

BowlingBaller is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
BowlingBaller
BowlingBaller is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42745
Maybe an ignorant question, but why is Marcus Morris the least happy? Is it because he's the worst of our plethora of PFs?

Rocketman95 is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #19
Quote:
Right now, if I was considering buying a Rockets jersey, I’d want White’s.
Is that a hint?

rocketblaze is online now Old 07-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
rocketblaze
rocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2009
Member: #41757
Nice write up Clutch. Thanks for sharing.

Totally agree about Jeremy Lamb, kid has really high upside. IMO he (and D-Mo) should be considered untouchable in any trade for Dwight Howard w/out an extension.

Also note, something that we didn't get to see from Motiejunas, that is very well documented in every one of his scouting reports, is his amazing passing ability. The kid is one hell of a passer. But like Royce White, I think he just need's time to better adjust to his teammates.

Joe Fan is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
Joe Fan
Joe Fan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJoe Fan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #546
Nice work. Thanks.

You are brave to say something positive about anyone's performance in the summer league. Until now at least, it has been an invitation for attack.

I guess Zoran is not going to make it? A couple of times, he looked like the summer league version of Manu but not nearly enough times. He also seemed to be one of those players who can somehow string together a stretch of point blank misses.

Sydeffect is online now Old 07-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
Sydeffect
Sydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47064
Good article Clutch

Do any of the rookies have star potential in your eyes? IMO it can be Royce White if he improves his jumper by alot.

Spacemoth is online now Old 07-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24898
Given Moreys track record with draft picks, we have wonder two things:

1. What on earth were they thinking with Marcus Morris? I wasn't happy when we took him, but like many Clutchfans I placed faith in our track record of drafting.

2. What could Morey do if he had a top 10 pick, or better yet two top ten picks? We could find out next year if we don't trade for Dwight. Lamb is the highest he's gotten so far at 12.

No matter what direction we take, I am much happier about our future now than I was three months ago.

dje243 is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #12
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
Really hoping machado makes the team.

alethios is online now Old 07-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
alethios
alethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32552
Excellent piece of writing; good use of simile, metaphor and hyperbole. Just like everyone else here, I'm really excited by this core of rookies based on their summer league play.

My question, though, is did you see anyone else included on the Rockets SL roster that stood out or made an impression? Any that will be invited to training camp, possibly?

thanks Clutch!

Fierguard is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Fierguard
Contributing Member
Fierguard is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4553
Not sure if it belongs here or not but in the quest to not start new threads.

ZachLowe on 4 of the 5 that Clutch talked about:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012...sct=nba_bf2_a4

Seems to echo some of Clutch's ideas.

Thanks for the insight Clutch.

Bleed Red Rockets Red

Fierguard

Pete the Cheat is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
Pete the Cheat
Pete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18897
so exactly how bad was Marcus Morris? his time does not seem long for this team

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both

I haven't died. Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken

jopatmc is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
You guys need to accept the fact that in all likelihood 2 of the 3 picks this year will be traded in the Dwight trade. And most likely to be leaving is Lamb and Jones.

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

Aruba77 is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopatmc View Post
You guys need to accept the fact that in all likelihood 2 of the 3 picks this year will be traded in the Dwight trade. And most likely to be leaving is Lamb and Jones.
you need to accept the fact that many Rockets' fans don't want your Dwightmare ...unless it's on the cheap.

Last edited by Aruba77; 07-20-2012 at 03:56 PM.

gifford1967 is offline Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #18
gifford1967
Contributing Member
gifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegifford1967 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10674
Really well written. Thanks Clutch.

Deckard is online now Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #19
Deckard
Contributing Member
Deckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3612
I don't know why any of us bothered giving our takes on the summer league squad in codell's thread. We should have known better and just waited for your column. You pretty much laid it all out. Probably the most controversial comment was your strong opinion about where Jones can play. It jives more with my own initial thoughts, but then I backed off from them. Nice to think that what I was seeing from Jones wasn't an hallucination. I can tell that you had a great time in Vegas. Outstanding!

rocketblaze is online now Old 07-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
rocketblaze
rocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2009
Member: #41757
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopatmc View Post
Why do you have to bring up Dwight in every single freaking thread!!!??!

It's extremely irritating. This thread was just to talk about the rookies and not to speculate about Dwightmare. sheesh.