1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les "was so angry" at Daryl during the Rise of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/fran_blinebury/07/19/lin-houston/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

This is what worries me about the team: Les is like the most reactionary and emotional of posters on Clutchfans.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

At least you know he cares.

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

If you think Morey wasn't pissed off at himself and feeling horrible too then you don't know anything.

5. dragonz

dragonz Member

6. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I'm sure they were angry, but it really was the right move at the time. Linsanity was never going to happen in Houston last year with Lowry/Dragic.

7. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

It was more like:
    "Do you see all those jerseys?" "
    Do you hear them cheering for his game winner in Toronto? Against their own team. Damn it!" "He's selling seats in other cities!"

Nothing would have happened anyway; not with Lowry and Dragic here.

8. Raven

Raven Member

I'm pretty sure most owners yell at their general managers from time to time. Big deal. My problem with Les is his refusal to rebuild the traditional way, thought that may be about to change.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

i think i too would be emotional if it were my money too...

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

flynn was a guarenteed contract, easier to trade, Lin was never going to get PT in Houston barring multiple injuries, depsite everybody knowing Lin>Flynn had no issue with Daryl's decision at the time, what can u really tell from an 8 day training camp? hinesight is 20/20...

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Nah, you gotta know realistically that they're all in on Howard, right? Although I guess it could wind up being a traditional rebuild if Howard does ditch us.

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Blame David Stern!!! He nixed the Dragic, KMart, Scola and 1st round pick for Gasol which would of made Lin, a backup. If Lakers had gotten those package players, we would not be talking about Dwight, or Nash being Lakers, or is a Laker. No way Linsanity would of happened last year with Lowry as starting PG and with a casual attendance. Knicks will draw no matter who plays, they haven't won in a few decades, yet people still go watch them.

13. tofu--

tofu-- Member

This, although it was Lowry that was on the block if I recall correctly. Regardless, I still remember most of us were talking that Lin would be playing backup PG if the trade had gone through, or at least have a shot at the position.

If Morey's vision last year had come true and the Pau/Nene trades had been made, I really wonder just how strong our team would have been.

14. AFS

AFS Member

If Lin had been a backup, I don't think we would have ever realized that he's pretty good, just like how we didn't realize how good Dragic was until he got his opportunity to start.

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I remember hating the fact that Lin was doing so well because we owned the Knicks 2012 pick (top 3 protected right?). Super lame sauce. If it hadn't been for Lin we would have had a way better draft pick imo, but whats done is done. Now Lin is back with the Rockets. Never saw this coming.

16. likestohypeguy

Every time Lin started going off Morey probably dreaded his phone ringing. Les was probably making him watch that entire run of games with him, on the phone together. Lots of dead air during free throws & time outs, but Morey couldn't just say well I better go & hang up. He had to sit there & wait for each time Lin did something so Les could scream at him, hang up on him, then call right back so they could continue watching the game together.

UNCOMFORTABLE!

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He had a reason to be angry. Should have cut Flynn. Probably one of the bigger mistakes Morey and the coaching team have made. But now it has been corrected. Nobody's perfect.

18. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

*chuckle*

This is only a storm in a teacup.

I bet the Portland owner also had choice words for his GM when he selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan or Charles Barkley in 1984.... :grin:

Oh how about the Piston owners when they were stuck with Darko Milicic instead of several other possibilities....

19. conquistador#11

"Les is like the most reactionary and emotional of posters on Clutchfans. "

very true. the only difference is that the posters at least wear socks with their dress shoes..I hope.

1 person likes this.
  20. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

I thought Flynn had a guaranteed contract, which we then turned to Camby, which then turned to the picks/players we have now.